ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

If the last three leave , that’s not mass exodus that’s a casualty of recruiting . It’s not like we’re loosing these guys all to the NBA . They are literally leaving to go to other schools. That is a red flag .

No one would be happier on this forum than I if roach decided to come back to duke. (I wanted him over foster) It would be tough to see him in a different uniform(especially somewhere like uk) but I couldn’t blame the kid. If he needs another year to make nil and impress scouts, he will need max playing time.

No one would be happier on this forum than I if roach decided to come back to duke. (I wanted him over foster) It would be tough to see him in a different uniform(especially somewhere like uk) but I couldn’t blame the kid. If he needs another year to make nil and impress scouts, he will need max playing time.
He really don't have a lot of options. He is not NBA talent and he can make a good living playing in another country if he chooses that route

If the last three leave , that’s not mass exodus that’s a casualty of recruiting . It’s not like we’re loosing these guys all to the NBA . They are literally leaving to go to other schools. That is a red flag .
I just wish Stewart and Power would have gotten more minutes this year. They were good enough to play

I hate to bring this up, but I wouldn’t be surprised if one of our recruits back out now that Foster and Proctor are back.

They don’t like Duke like we do. I’m not complaining about them. It’s the times we are in. If I were a really good talent, I’d want the best opportunity I could get too. It just so happens it now comes with $$$.

I think we need a solid big. A Theo John type, or possibly a big with a little bit of a criminal record.

I’m kidding. Maybe.

Last edited:
^The amount of money these players are getting is ridiculous. I saw earlier that the Ballo dude that played at Arizona is going to Indiana and got 1.2 million

Reactions: BNM79 and Mac9192
Getting Proctor and Caleb back at the guard spots are all we could ask for. It's no surprise McCain is going to the draft or that Roach will be moving on.

If you would have told me a month ago both Rese and Caleb would be back with this class coming in- I'd take that in a heartbeat .

Getting Sean back will be so crucial.

Getting Proctor and Caleb back at the guard spots are all we could ask for. It's no surprise McCain is going to the draft or that Roach will be moving on.

If you would have told me a month ago both Rese and Caleb would be back with this class coming in- I'd take that in a heartbeat .

Getting Sean back will be so crucial.
This 1000% anyone acting otherwise hasn’t paid attention.. it honestly felt like all we would get back for much of the year was foster.. proctor is a bonus. We have a monster class coming in taking spots and most likely powers/stewart back. We want players in the portal too. We can’t have it all. Roach wasn’t going to start next year over foster and proctor so his decision makes the most sense and unsurprising at all. The problem with it is the transfer part.. this was “his team” he should have been more assertive and showcased his talent more if he was unhappy with the role

Well, there were some in our fanbase who wanted Roach gone. They got their wish. This one stings. We need to get old from the portal. And fast.
I don’t think anyone on the board wouldn’t take him back but with foster and proctor taking the two guard spots he was the odd man out. Very doubtful he wanted a reduced role

He will be with another team. I realize the shepard kid is returning to uk. I don’t know why but for some reason I predict uk. I don’t see us improving over roach through the portal. Foster was an important player this year but he was not one of the 5 best players on the floor in my opinion. Maybe evans or kon can play the 2 and defend. That interview from Jon after the Houston win made it sound like this was roachs last tourney run with Duke. Hope Jon knows what he’s doing.

Last edited:
I like Roach and thank him for his 4 years. But I don't think him and Proctor ever learned to play together. They weren't Duhon and J Will; they just didn't mesh. I wish him the best. We are losing a ton of experience.

I don’t think anyone on the board wouldn’t take him back but with foster and proctor taking the two guard spots he was the odd man out. Very doubtful he wanted a reduced role
I don't know about everyone. Saw a few posts from people wanting him gone. But at this point, it doesn't matter. I hate what has happened to college basketball and this off-season has sucked donkey nuts thus far. And it's not over yet.

My dad is getting tickets to the Miami game. I look forward to spending the first half explaining to him who our guys are. Where's Flip and Mitchell? Gone
McCain? Gone. Okay Roach and Blakes? Nope they're gone too. The 0 for 9 guy from our last game, he's back. Kidding I'm glad Proctor's back.

My dad is getting tickets to the Miami game. I look forward to spending the first half explaining to him who our guys are. Where's Flip and Mitchell? Gone
McCain? Gone. Okay Roach and Blakes? Nope they're gone too. The 0 for 9 guy from our last game, he's back. Kidding I'm glad Proctor's back.
I plan to go to Clemson and ga tech game with my 7 year old. He’s going to be upset about roach leaving.

Reactions: christophero
Proctor and Foster as our grizzled upperclassman scares me. Please get that Syracuse guy and another grown man. Roach seemed very unhappy the last few months on the court and in interviews I wonder what was going on. We only have 2 guards on our roster and our guards can't seem to step over a curb without getting injured so there was playing time to be had next year. Roach doesn't owe us anything; but a senior captain starter transferring stings. Still; I thank Roach for 4 years and staying one more year than many assumed. If Power and/ or Stewart leave that will be demoralizing and will mean that NIL has just made it worse.

Last edited:
Proctor and Foster as our grizzled upperclassman scares me. Please get that Syracuse guy and another grown man. Roach seemed very unhappy the last few months on the court and in interviews I wonder what was going on. We only have 2 guards on our roster and our guards can't seem to step over a curb without getting injured so there was playing time to be had next year. Still; I thank Roach for 4 years and staying one more year than many assumed. If Power and/ or Stewart leave that will be demoralizing and will mean that NIL has just made it worse.
Relax, good grief. We’ve got plenty of guards and are also looking at Adding another. Roach gave us everything for four years. Without going into detail he also sacrificed yet again for us. Respect the hell out of him for it. Proctor and Foster are the future and will be as good a backcourt as there will be in the country next year. We’ve got plenty of shooters too. Foster, proctor, Evans, Kon, Harris. Not to mention Coop. Shooting won’t be our issue. Toughness won’t be either.

I think this would be a good get. He’s not exactly Mitchell. For one he was the only real rebounder on the Syracuse team and let them with 7.2. 1.2 more than Mitchell. He had a higher steal rate and block rate than Mitchell. He has grown his game the past two years in every area. Needs to continue to get stronger. But I think he had a much better progression from one year to the next than Mitchell did.

Of course he has to sign first.

The Departures:

Roach - Seeking NBA Contract and/or more minutes

Blakes - Wanting to take on a bigger role

Reeves/Schutt - Had bad luck with injuries. Want to play more minutes

Mitchell - Probably listened to his outside influences and is deciding to play closer to home

Young - Graduation

McCain & Flip - Projected lottery picks in this year’s nba draft

24-25 Roster (as of now):

Proctor Evans
Foster Harris
Flagg Knupple
Stewart Power
Maluch Ngonba

Get a point guard from the portal and Amari Williams from Drexel (Theo John type).

If Duke lands the kid from Syracuse then I have a feeling one of Harris, Knupple, Power enters the transfer portal.

The departures all make sense whether us fans like it or not. Duke will be fine.

Reactions: Mac9192
So are we done with transfers or is power and Stewart on the fence?
They are both still not locks to return. Fans need to remember that this is the new college basketball norm. I wish nothing but the best for Roach glad he came to Duke but I’m not sad he’s leaving . Rumors were he wanted to after his junior year . Plus it’s got to be hard on a guy watching your roster almost completely change each of your four years so maybe he figured he’d try a change since it would have been a completely different team once again this year .

They are both still not locks to return. Fans need to remember that this is the new college basketball norm. I wish nothing but the best for Roach glad he came to Duke but I’m not sad he’s leaving . Rumors were he wanted to after his junior year . Plus it’s got to be hard on a guy watching your roster almost completely change each of your four years so maybe he figured he’d try a change since it would have been a completely different team once again this year .
Once the team went to the FF he should've went pro. Going into the portal may not help him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT