ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

Someone was mentioning that staying in the draft until late and then having desperate teams bid for you is a good financial decision.
Blakes to Stanford. That's 4 transfers from Duke to other ACC schools.

Last edited:
Someone was mentioning that staying in the draft until late and then having desperate teams bid for you is a good financial decision.
I'm going to miss that kid's defense. His offense was a bit unpredictable at times, however, we all knew defensively he was a bulldog.

Blakes is a good student so Stanford seems like a good fit for him. I don't know enough about them to know if he will start, but he will likely play, my guess is off the bench. You never want to lose guys, but Sion is a big upgrade, so even if he stayed I think Sion would have been recruited here. It sounds like this was his plan as of last year.

Blakes is a good student so Stanford seems like a good fit for him. I don't know enough about them to know if he will start, but he will likely play, my guess is off the bench. You never want to lose guys, but Sion is a big upgrade, so even if he stayed I think Sion would have been recruited here. It sounds like this was his plan as of last year.
As for me I’ll miss Blakes he just seemed like a good kid . That said out of the transfers . Him and Roach are always good in my book they graduated from Duke .

As I recall, Blakes was signed very late in the recruiting season and was not high up on our recruiting board However, we were not deep at the guard position, and he had the stones to give Duke a try. Predictably, it did not turn out for him. His effort and defense cannot be faulted, but we needed to fill his spot with a more offensibly talented player, which (I hope) is what we did. Wish him the very best. Stanford seems like a very good fit. OFC

Last edited:

Pay the players, they cried.
Hey . Fans want border line NBA picks to stay in college. Now they will . Just to the highest bidder . I’m not mad at the kid . If you’re not a first round pick and a two way contract ( especially if you never see the NBA floor ) is only 560,000 yet a college team is willing to pay you 2 million for a year . Take it .

Reactions: bullcity gamer
I don’t fault the athletes who are not going to play in the nba to max out their collegiate earnings. The NCAA, universities, tv stations, all make a lot of money off these young men. If boosters and others have the money and want to pay the kids to play for their favorite team then they can have at it. I for one don’t have the money to give to the young men to play for Duke otherwise I would be haha.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT