ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

Skyy Clark transfers from Louisville to UCLA.
Ain’t missing nothing there. His entire family sucks. There is a reason why most teams wanted nothing to do with him. His dad made Wendell Carter’s mom look like a saint.

I cannot believe what has happened to Lousiville. What a dumpster fire of a program.
Louisville showed their lack of leadership and any form of a moral compass when they rehired Petino and Petrino. Reaping what they've sown.

That said, they are one offseason of shelling out huge NIL away from being relevant again.

Reactions: christophero
Xiavian Lee from Princeton hit the portal. If we only get one guard back we should go after this kid he can ball. He would be a media sensation if he played for Duke. 6-3 guard.

Xiavian Lee from Princeton hit the portal. If we only get one guard back we should go after this kid he can ball. He would be a media sensation if he played for Duke. 6-3 guard.
Did he enter portal or merely declare for draft?

Reactions: christophero
He did both. He's not a first round pick so my guess is he returns to school.

Duke needs get stud point guard, don't have anyone right now that can beat their man off the dribble
lol no team in the final four has a pg that can beat their man off the dribble !

I’ve been very impressed with the Sears kid. If he was about 3 inches taller he would be a beast. I hate to say it, but I don’t see PURDUE beating them. UCONN has more weapons and is more physical. If Bama can speed up the pace and hit more 3’s, that’s the only way I see UConn not cutting down the nets. Purdue will not beat UConn, bank it.

Reactions: Mac9192
If U Conn had a guy named Roebuck Dickie V would have a field day. Sears and Rosbuck baby!

Mitchell is a 5 star and 2 year starter. Not sure anyone but Cooper would start ahead of him. If guys commit so be it
But he played like a 3 star and has no skills. He doesn’t rebound. And can’t shoot. And hasn’t developed muscle / strength in two years in the program. I’d rather go in a different direction. We need 3s that can shoot and play D and also play smart basketball. Which Mitchell also has not proven capable.

There are several other players I think we could use in the portal.

Cade Tyson, 6’7 jr from Belmont who can shoot the lights out (45%) and rebound well enough. He can be a 2/3 wing. Yes, Cooper is coming in but he’s not a shooter.

Trey Townsend, 6’8, 230 3/4 was a star for Oakland this year.

Johnell Davis, 6’4 sr combo guard with explosive scoring, defense and rebounding ability.

I’d take any two of those. We need shooters and more physical players. A PF and a 2/3 type who can also handle the rock like Davis would be ideal. And then use the bench to play 8-9. And we need to keep Foster as the 1.

The only freshmen I think we can rely on are Flagg and Muach. I don’t think Evans has the strength yet to be effective at D1 ball. He’s not ready. We might get some run with Ngonba as backup C or Harris as a reserve PG. but I think we need a deep bench that Jon will actually use.

What happened with Calipari and his failure to make runs in the NCAA with the same philosophy as Duke should be a wake up call for Jon.

If you’re bored, go check out his games against nova and WVU. That guy is very physical, an elite defender within 15 feet, really good passer and runs the floor. Almost seems like he is underrated on offense since Drexel has no clue how to get him the ball in the post. Love that Jon is going after him (if really true) and would be a massive get but I’d be shocked as hell if he considered anything other than a starting role somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT