ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

I just read he is a 2/3 and a good shooter. I am glad we are reaching out but sad we may have more departures

Last edited:
Me too but that’s to be expected I would think . I’ve heard nothing on Power but it’s still early .
Power looks like a perfect 4 yr guy who will end up being a very good player if he gets playing time. Good size, good shot etc...i think we will regret it if he decides to move on. Depends on JS's philosophy and if the past 2 yrs have changed it

Power looks like a perfect 4 yr guy who will end up being a very good player if he gets playing time. Good size, good shot etc...i think we will regret it if he decides to move on. Depends on JS's philosophy and if the past 2 yrs have changed it
Given the current class and lack of use. I’d be surprised if he stayed at Duke !

Watched some Tyson highlights from Belmont, 6-7, good 3 point shooter, solid build. Has 2 more years of eligibility. 46% from 3 and 85% and from the line can finish inside. Shot nearly 50% from the field. Averaged 16 and 6 as a soph. Not sure of our interest level, but this kid can play. Would be an upgrade over Power if Power is moving on; at least next year. Indiana and Wisconsin really want him.Kentucky, UNC, Notre Dame. Sounds like we are casting a wider portal net this year. Hope this doesn't mean Mitchell is gone. Seems similar to Kon but more physical. Looks like a classic small forward. Should be a 4 year guy.
If we are shopping for SGs, Roddy Gayle from Ohio State. Averaged 13ppg as a soph, former top 50 guy, OSU just fired their coach. 6-4, athletic. I'd rather keep our guards, but who knows what will happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Guys want to play. Reeves never got meaningful minutes in 2 years, even though we sorely needed a center. I know he was injured the second semester. But last year when Lively was hurt Reeves did not get in at all, which I imagine is frustrating. Wish him the best seems like a nice guy. When he did get in real games he looked a little lost, so maybe he needs to go to a smaller school so he can develop and play. He has talent, but is much slower than Lively/Williams/Carey, etc., which makes a difference at this level. Young was slow too but was very fundamentally sound. Being healthy helps as well, esp. with raw big men who need reps.

Last edited:
I had high hopes for Reeves. He looked good in scrimmages and the Blue White game. But then when he got some real time in the Arizona game, he was lost and pushed around easily. He was pulled quickly and it was obvious that Coach did not have confidence in him.

I had high hopes for Reeves. He looked good in scrimmages and the Blue White game. But then when he got some real time in the Arizona game, he was lost and pushed around easily. He was pulled quickly and it was obvious that Coach did not have confidence in him.
Its the hardest thing to do...come off the bench and be good...especially when you know the coach has a quick hook and low tolerance for mistakes. You dont play freely, you play nervous..which amplifies the issues and every mistake. Thats why its crucial to give the new players more run in the beginning of the season...not just a few mins. Its also frustrating to see players get mins despite making the same mistakes or not contributing...thats demotivating...having experienced all of the above in a different sport i can attest first hand!

Darren Harris on fire with 16 points in the 3rd quarter. Still got couple minutes left in the quarter

Idk why people are saying Harris isn't a SG... that's the exact position he would play. What he will play in any system. The hard thing is, does the kid trust the process of being behind upperclassmen, not playing major minutes, and what comes with returning players... I think I would hate to lose him MORE than I hated looking Mckenzie last year to Indiana. WAY WAY MORE... wish it was the old days, were freshman knew that it took time, and you worked and earned your way into a playing spot. And if it didn't happen right away, Sophomore year, you would Blossum from all the hard work you put in... But I don't want to lose Harris or Evans. Heck none of the incoming freshman... Or Stewart or Power... Hate the new way of college athletics.

No one was guarding him in that clip . He will be guarded in college . It took Power what two games before the minute he hit the court they were on him like white on rice.
I do agree though he is a big sg at the college level and hope he comes to Duke with a chip on his shoulder .

I think we need at least two in the portal:

1) A pure 4 with game (someone in the 6'7-6'9 range who is physical and can rebound, akin to what Harrison Ingram brought to UNC last year). He can rotate with the young big men. We have to have physicality to handle these 3-4-5 year players that teams throw at us - especially in the tourney.

And
2) we need shooters. I'm not impressed with our two high rated freshmen as far as shooting. Adding at least one quality 3 point shooter - say a combo guard who can hit 38-42% consistently and be a threat will be big. Even if we retain Proctor and Foster, we still need a veteran who can shoot and play ball (not just a scared freshman off the bench). I don't expect a Knecht-level talent, but someone with that kind of makeup.
We’ve supposedly reached out to Cade Tyson at Belmont and offered him a spot but UNC, UK, and TN are all involved as well.

Reactions: christophero
I just read he is a 2/3 and a good shooter. I am glad we are reaching out but sad we may have more departures
Will be a fight to get him with several blue blood programs after him. Hate to say it, but we need our current players to make their decisions ASAP. Otherwise, we will miss out on the opportunity to go after some guys and may still lose our current players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT