ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

I’d expect one of Schutt or Blakes to transfer . There is simply not enough guard spots on the floor .

Reactions: christophero
We are not a complete team yet; so I think Jon is right in trying to get the best talent available. Udeh is going to be courted by everyone; so I'm not sure we will get him anyway. And Roach could try his luck in Europe. Hasn't the deadline for entering the portal come already? I guess you could transfer but sit out a year. I know if you graduated you can still enter the portal like Baker last year.

Last edited:
We are not a complete team yet; so I think Jon is right in trying to get the best talent available. Udeh is going to be courted by everyone; so I'm not sure we will get him anyway. And Roach could try his luck in Europe. Hasn't the deadline for entering the portal come already? I guess you could transfer but sit out a year. I know if you graduated you can still enter the portal like Baker last year.
Of if Roach graduates like many have said, then would he be a grad transfer? If he's a grad transfer, then the transfer portal date doesn't apply to him, or any grad transfers.

Yes. I don't think Roach would transfer but who knows. My guess it's play pro somewhere or Duke.

I am somewhat surprised Blakes didn’t transfer back to a Kentucky college . He would get 35 minutes a game for Western Ky and at least 25 at Louisville.

I haven't heard or seen anything indicating Duke is talking to Udah or the Utah Valley guy and most of the other big guys are off the table. Seems that the only way Duke signs a center is if one of the guys who is attending the Combine decides to come back and chooses Duke.

If that's the case, I hope more that Roach comes back because it's likely we'll use a 3 guard lineup at least part of the time, moving Mitchell to the 4 and letting McCain, Foster and Schutt play some of the 3.

I haven't heard anything on Udeh either. Everyone will be recruiting him. Which is why I wanted Shedrick. He reportedly wanted to come to Duke, and sometimes you have to go for the sure(er) thing instead of swinging for the fences. We could still land Udeh, but it seems doubtful at this point. Haven't seen a list of possible schools for him yet. Hopefully we are on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
Stewart is the wild card in this. If he is a day one stud we could play him and Flip up front and move Mitchell to the 3. We could start Young, but that is not ideal.

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything on Udeh either. Everyone will be recruiting him. Which is why I wanted Shedrick. He reportedly wanted to come to Duke, and sometimes you have to go for the sure(er) thing instead of swinging for the fences. We could still land Udeh, but it seems doubtful at this point. Haven't seen a list of possible schools for him yet. Hopefully we are on it.
We already had Shedrick on the team. His name is Ryan Young!!!

OFC

Apparently, The Athletic reported that the Shedrick to Duke connection ended when Duke realized Shedrick wanted to have a greater role at the offensive end than Duke could provide and therefore was not a good fit.

That makes sense. Udeh is a 5 star so he may want a more featured role as well. But we should reach out. The other x factor is if Mitchell makes a big jump that will help out up front. And Flip could improve as well.

Last edited:
Duke is on there; but they admit he may not get much playing time there. I think he could easily get 20-25 minutes, but he may be looking for more. The others listed are Miami, Arkansas, UCLA and Tennessee. This isn't his list but where the writer of the article thinks he may end up.

Duke really doesn’t need a high caliber center however Reeves and Flip will be coming off rehabbing at the start of the season so a center is back up .
Stewart and Powers will get burn at the four for Stewart and probably the 3/4 for Powers .

The only thing I can figure is Scheyer is happy with what he's got and we are way off thinking that Flip can't or won't play center.

I'm still holding out hope that Reeves is going to surprise us all.
If Flip is playing center it made no sense for MgBako to leave.

Reactions: Duke937
It seemed to coincide with Flip announcing. Same day or within a day. Maybe he didn't think he would start with Flip and Mitchell back. Flip back was somewhat of a surprise. In past years we may have even lost a guy like Mitchell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT