ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

If USC can land a transfer big they will be loaded. I forgot about their top 10 guard. That is a good backcourt.
Girard to Clemson!

Last edited:
He played at Utah Valley . This is the ACC in case some have forgotten . Lively was physical as well but took half the season to catch on . The competition will be different then he is used to as well .
Can’t tell if this is serious. Defense translates. Seth curry played in the big south and he did pretty well at Duke.

So the transfer window for a big is looking sketchy. Where are the rich alumns pitching in for NIL deals?

And GTHC.

And UK too #104103

Sean Stewart is up to #12 in Rival's rankings. Maybe the staff are super high on him making an impact right away. Watched some highlights he's pretty solidly built; a legit 230 and really attacks the basket. He's definitely going to be in the rotation. He looks impressive. A lot of kids get labeled a power forward but this kid really is one. Reminds me of Henry Coleman a bit, but higher rated.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamsession3
Sean Stewart is up to #12 in Rival's rankings. Maybe the staff are super high on him making an impact right away. Watched some highlights he's pretty solidly built; a legit 230 and really attacks the basket. He's definitely going to be in the rotation. He looks impressive. A lot of kids get labeled a power forward but this kid really is one. Reminds me of Henry Coleman a bit, but higher rated.
Don't mention Henry Coleman. I liked that kid. DAMN YOU COVID! Henry was a 4 year guy. I don't think we would've gotten certain recruits if he stayed.

Reactions: christophero
Coleman is a solid player, but has developed very little perimeter game. That said, we really could have used him against Tennessee. He's a good rebounder and defender. Probably could have given us more than Theo and Young, but he didn't want to come off the bench. I don't think Coleman left because we signed Theo; I think we signed Theo because we knew Coleman was leaving.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamsession3
Can’t tell if this is serious. Defense translates. Seth curry played in the big south and he did pretty well at Duke.
Seth was an ok defender who sat out a year and had time to learn the system .

Coleman is a solid player, but has developed very little perimeter game. That said, we really could have used him against Tennessee. He's a good rebounder and defender. Probably could have given us more than Theo and Young, but he didn't want to come off the bench. I don't think Coleman left because we signed Theo; I think we signed Theo because we knew Coleman was leaving.
Coleman was unhappy at the Christmas break with his lack of playing time and him and his family had discussed him leaving then. I hated to see Coleman leave but that was one of those things where IMO the kid wasn’t scared to compete he simply wasn’t getting any minutes and in his situation he did what was best for him .

Really shows how spoiled we are with the talent we obtain when a guy like Coleman gets buried on the bench at Duke but goes on to be a really solid starter on another Power Conference team (Texas A&M).

Also am I the only one who can't remember hardly anything from that 2020-21 team? I remember Jalen Johnson's dunk on PJ Hall and I sort of remember big Mark getting hot at the end of the year, but that's really it. Oh, and Carlik Jones on Louisville torching us

Really shows how spoiled we are with the talent we obtain when a guy like Coleman gets buried on the bench at Duke but goes on to be a really solid starter on another Power Conference team (Texas A&M).

Also am I the only one who can't remember hardly anything from that 2020-21 team? I remember Jalen Johnson's dunk on PJ Hall and I sort of remember big Mark getting hot at the end of the year, but that's really it. Oh, and Carlik Jones on Louisville torching us
I don't think you're the only one who remembers very little about that season. I do remember Jalen Johnson having a great first game, I remember Matthew Hurt having some really strong shooting nights and then I remember the season abruptly ending because of Covid.

It was a bad year. Covid ending our season, everyone bolting, the Johnson nonsense. The head scratching Steward decision. Hurt leaving and not getting drafted. (He was cut by the Rockets and is in the G League) The next year was better. This last year was better too, and we finally got some guys to come back. I don't think Roach returns, but there is still hope. He seems intent on moving on but maybe he changes his mind. He may find it hard standing out in the G League. maybe he goes to Europe. Still, getting Proctor, Mitchell and Flip back was great news. If Roach returns I think we have plenty of firepower. If not, I'd like us to add one more piece. But it's been awfully quiet on the portal front.

Last edited:
If you do not hate Ohio State, there is something wrong. That fan base takes delusional to another level. If you are from Ohio, and not a rabid fan, regardless of the reason, they are OFFENDED. You could have the idiots radio guys doing the tv broadcast and they would swear up and down the announcers were anti OSU
O-H 🤷🏻‍♂️

It was a bad year. Covid ending our season, everyone bolting, the Johnson nonsense. The head scratching Steward decision. Hurt leaving and not getting drafted. (He was cut by the Rockets and is in the G League) The next year was better. This last year was better too, and we finally got some guys to come back. I don't think Roach returns, but there is still hope. He seems intent on moving on but maybe he changes his mind. He may find it hard standing out in the G League. maybe he goes to Europe. Still, getting Proctor, Mitchell and Flip back was great news. If Roach returns I think we have plenty of firepower. If not, I'd like us to add one more piece. But it's been awfully quiet on the portal front.
Steward was always leaving regardless of how his season went . The final indication for me about him and Hurt came when they were the only two to comment on Johnson page after he announced he was leaving .

My biggest memory of the COVID season was the champions classic game in Cameron against a not great MSU team (who lost in the First Four game of the NCAAs).

We got up like 10-2, MSU then went on what felt like a 20-0 run. We never could get it under 8. Seemed that way all season. Terrible defensive team until Mark Williams became Mark Williams.

My biggest memory of the COVID season was the champions classic game in Cameron against a not great MSU team (who lost in the First Four game of the NCAAs).

We got up like 10-2, MSU then went on what felt like a 20-0 run. We never could get it under 8. Seemed that way all season. Terrible defensive team until Mark Williams became Mark Williams.
Horrible Chemisty.

Sounds like Kansas to me. Bill Self made some room on the roster and opened up another scholarship when a player was basically told to transfer. Self is getting it done in the portal.
Sounds about right...

Kansas losing Jalen Wilson and Gradey will be massive. A lot of turnover on that roster.

Welcome Neal, practice depth. 6’9 230 junior but not much playing time at Stanford. Not bad if a walk on.

Welcome. Gotta get that team GPA up. Good guy to help in practice.

Last edited:
Notable Portal Entries this afternoon

Creighton 6'7" Sophomore Forward Arthur Kaluma 11.8/6.0/1.6

Tennessee 6'8" Freshman Forward Julian Phillips 8.3/4.7/1.4

Both are future NBA guys and aren't for sure even returning to school. Andrew Slater also mentioned that Phillips isn't going to be the last former McDonalds All-American to enter the portal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT