ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal thread

Lively looked great at seasons end. But his slow development/injuries did cost us a better seed. I like him but he is not irraplaceable.

Reactions: hart2chesson
"received interest from" might be "I went on Duke's website and filled out an application form and they acknowledged receipt". Who knows. We haven't heard about a visit being scheduled yet, have we?

I'm getting the feeling that Duke is playing poker and will stand on what they have unless somebody really good (Bona or similar) withdraws from declaring for the NBA.

"received interest from" might be "I went on Duke's website and filled out an application form and they acknowledged receipt". Who knows. We haven't heard about a visit being scheduled yet, have we?

I'm getting the feeling that Duke is playing poker and will stand on what they have unless somebody really good (Bona or similar) withdraws from declaring for the NBA.
Lift (AS ALWAYS), you make a good point.I am sure research will be done as well to see if NCAA makes Bandaogo sit out a year:

OFC

NDSU big man entered the portal. 6-11 230 averaged 18 and 9. Grant Nelson. Looks pretty skilled. He is 75th on the NBA draft board. Kind of wiry like Singler.

Last edited:
NDSU big man entered the portal. 6-11 230 averaged 18 and 9. Grant Nelson. Looks pretty skilled. He is 75th on the NBA draft board. Kind of wiry like Singler.
Just watched him some.. I’d take him. He’s not what we seem to be after but he would pair nicely with flip in the post

Reactions: christophero
I think if the staff had real interest in any of the names being mentioned it would have already been known .

Just watched some Grant Nelson highlights. Holy cow this kid can ball. A year at a bigger school and he could be a first round pick.He is borderline second round right now. Arkansas really wants him. He went to a small school but he is hitting 3s, spinning and dunking over people. I get it's a highlight video but he looks like a 6-11 Gordon Hayward. He looks like a guy who could really impress at the combine. Might need a year against better comp. and some weight training.

Last edited:
A bunch of schools have reached out to Nelson but not us. He does look more of a 4 than a 5. Arkansas, Kentucky, St John's and Gonzaga have reached out.

Did some digging yesterday, and learned from ID, Duke is very serious about landing Utah Valley's Aziz Bandaogo. The 7 footer has similar skills to Derek Lively with perhaps more offensive punch. There is a fresh article about Duke and the Senegal native by Duke beat writer Steve Wiseman today in the Raleigh News and Observer. I will try to get the link....

OFC

Did some digging yesterday, and learned from ID, Duke is very serious about landing Utah Valley's Aziz Bandaogo. The 7 footer has similar skills to Derek Lively with perhaps more offensive punch. There is a fresh article about Duke and the Senegal native by Duke beat writer Steve Wiseman today in the Raleigh News and Observer. I will try to get the link....

OFC
I hope we get him. Was watching some highlights and he reminded me of Mark Williams.

He would be a very nice get. Other teams are loading up in the portal, so should we. Plus we always have injuries. Hunter to Kansas. They may get our decommit. RR is hoping this means Oscar comes back.

Last edited:
Not sure but Reid might have to sit out. CBS has Kansas number one with Hunter. We are number 5, but they are assuming Roach returns.

Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT