ADVERTISEMENT

Top hobbies

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like he's kind of soft to me. Never saw him play though. He could have been a firm rim protecter. OFC

I have two jobs and work 6 days a week. When I am not working I like to:

- I spent three years turning a barn into my cabin. I live in it now and am still working on it - Building a deck and patio this summer.

- Build furniture - Mostly upcycle with old parts and materials. Examples: Made a Media cart with salvage materials and old nehi soda crates. Turned an old red wagon and some galvanized pipe into two bathroom shelves with towel racks. Stuff like that.

- I cook every night and rarely make the same thing twice.

- Collect, repair and rebuild old watches. Just finished a 1977 Tudor Submariner and am working on a Seiko Turtle from the 1960's. (In the watch vein, I have long thought about printing some Custom dials and custom building Duke dive watches. Cannot find a Duke watch of any quality that is not quartz).

Some individuals have a lot of hobbies, while others only have a few. It doesn't matter how many you have or how much time you can commit to them as long as you enjoy what you do in your spare time. Ignore those who suggest you need the newest and greatest product to properly enjoy mountain biking; it doesn't matter if you have an 11-year-old bike or a carbon frame; you ride and thus are a member of the community. This applies to every community; there will always be some who claim you need the next new item, but as long as you're having fun, that's all that matters.

Reactions: geddoughton23
Some individuals have a lot of hobbies, while others only have a few. It doesn't matter how many you have or how much time you can commit to them as long as you enjoy what you do in your spare time. Ignore those who suggest you need the newest and greatest product to properly enjoy mountain biking; it doesn't matter if you have an 11-year-old bike or a carbon frame; you ride and thus are a member of the community. This applies to every community; there will always be some who claim you need the next new item, but as long as you're having fun, that's all that matters.
Very well said. I bumped into my old golfing pal. Didn't realize how much I missed him. I gave up golf, and don't miss playing, but this fellow was great fun, and the best amateur psychologist I've ever known

Reactions: ReddEyes
I like to hike, watch movies and play classic videogames. mainly NES, SNES and Playstation one. And I like the Neo Geo fighting games.

Does drinking qualify as a hobby? If so I’m a world class expert

I play a lot of golf. I’m not that good but I’ll mess up every now and then and hit a good shot and play it off like I meant to. Other than that I’ll hop on the PS4 every now and then and play Red Dead Redemption 2. Makes me feel like a badass from back in the old Wild West.

Just got my second hip replacement due to 25 + years of playing tennis tournaments. Being from Kentucky I have discovered my love of EH Taylor,Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare Bourbon . Started playing golf and really enjoy a few rounds each month. Used to coach basketball, tennis, chess team and baseball. Spend a lot of time with the dog at the park. My only kid is a cross country runner at MIT and I love going to cross country races. Used to chase women but now I spend my time drinking good bourbon, following Duke basketball, golfing, sports betting and running my dog . Life is good.

Reactions: skysdad
These days I collect knives and shot glasses. Some would say I have an addiction to collecting knives. I added 9 knives to my collection when I went to a gun and knife show back in November. I believe I have 105 knives in my collection now. I’m not sure how many shot glasses I have in my shot glass collection because I haven’t counted them but if I had to guess, I’d guess that I probably have at least 60-80 shot glasses in my collection.

These days I collect knives and shot glasses. Some would say I have an addiction to collecting knives. I added 9 knives to my collection when I went to a gun and knife show back in November. I believe I have 105 knives in my collection now. I’m not sure how many shot glasses I have in my shot glass collection because I haven’t counted them but if I had to guess, I’d guess that I probably have at least 60-80 shot glasses in my collection.

I kind of got away from my shot glass collection... don't really know why. I've probably got two or three hundred. They're boxed up... I've been meaning to get them out but I'm not sure how I want to display them.

I kind of got away from my shot glass collection... don't really know why. I've probably got two or three hundred. They're boxed up... I've been meaning to get them out but I'm not sure how I want to display them.
My shot glass collection is stacked up in the bottom of a cabinet but I eventually plan to get shelves added to the cabinet so that I can display both my knife collection and my shot glass collection but I’m not sure if I’ll have enough room to display both collections.

Reactions: KDSTONE
My shot glass collection is stacked up in the bottom of a cabinet but I eventually plan to get shelves added to the cabinet so that I can display both my knife collection and my shot glass collection but I’m not sure if I’ll have enough room to display both collections.
I’ve got a bunch of commemorative sports bottles on display Most of you have probably seen the 82 unc bottle and the 91 duke bottle. The most bitchin are the larger Pepsi and 7 up bottles from the 70s. UCLA Indiana redskins cowboys Texas Oklahoma Dr Pepper. Got countless Star Wars and lor action figures but no place to display them. I need an extra couple of rooms really. Inherited hartland figures of hank Aaron and Eddie matthews that the previous owners of our former cabin left. One of my favorites as well as Kobe rookie cards Eventually I’m gonna get a signed jersey or ball with 92 team signatures on it hopefully 2010 as well

Since Covid I walk... a lot. I try to get 20K steps a day.
I do a lot of DIY stuff -- rough and finish carpentry, landscaping, fixing stuff.
I collect and sell comics (on eBay). I also press comics to bump up the grades.
Mentor undergraduate and graduate students in entrepreneurship at Texas State and Texas A&M.
Find myself able to binge watch most anything (not calling that a hobby).
Boy Scouts, until a few years ago -- hiking, camping, mountain biking, etc.

In short, what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career.

I play tons of golf. I’m halfway decent. I play basketball and exercise regularly. I like smoke and grill meat. I also like to bang hot chicks

Reactions: Dave Vass
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT