ADVERTISEMENT

TJ Power is Announcing Commitment

Could be why the other big guy recruits backed off us if he commits.

If he does commit to Duke, it has to be that Scheyer has convinced him that he (Jon) will be playing more people. Which is all good.
Yup. I do think that Stewart could play more of a small ball 5 as he's up to 6'9 now. Great at cleaning the glass, protecting the rim and can score around the rim. I bring that up because I think that let's TJ and Mackenzie be true wings because both can score at a high clip.

Either way, getting TJ makes the '23 class an elite one.

Reactions: hart2chesson
If Power is 1/4 of what Kyle Singler was, we will be very lucky to get him. Singler was an incredible competitor who played any position the Coach needed him to play.

I tend to think Power is more of a wing than Kyle was. Kyle liked to mix it up.

Reactions: hart2chesson
If Duke is lucky enough to pickup TJ I think he will play mostly the 3 spot with a little time at the 4 spot. There should be plenty of time available in the front court. Stewart more than likely will play 4/5 depending on if Flip and Young comes back next season. Next year roster is really taking shape nicely. This looks like a nice lineup even if Flip leaves: Foster, Proctor, Power, Mgbako and Young. Bench: Blakes, McCain, Schutt, Stewart and Reeves.

Last edited:
If Duke is lucky enough to pickup TJ I think he will play mostly the 3 spot with a little time at the 4 spot. There should be plenty of time available in the front court. Stewart more than likely will play 4/5 depending on if Flip and Young comes back next season. Next year roster is really taking shape nicely. This looks like a nice lineup even if Flip leaves: Foster, Proctor, Powers, Mgbako and Young. Bench: Blakes, McCain, Schutt, Stewart and Reeves.
I'd say a much better chance we have a soph Flip than a soph Proctor. Regardless, I like the depth and versatility of what should be the 23-24 Duke squad.

Last edited:
The first class was good but there was a lot of post coach K momentum there. This gives me hope he can sustain it. I like that he is going after some guys outside the top 20, as they may actually be here for more than one season.

Reactions: Devilinside
All 5 stars recruits though. This class is well balanced and a great class. Could be a starting five with the players in this class. But hopefully we won’t have to start all 5.
I need one of those 6'8 guys to grow two inches before we say starting five.

Reactions: christophero
Young gonna start, unless Flip returns.
Don’t forget Reeves is on the bench this season all Duke needs with the players coming in is a good rebounder and rim protector . Lets wait to see young in games before thinking he’s a starter. I can recall a lot of players impressing the coaches in practice and scrimmages but it never translates to the court during games .

Borderline 4/5 star who may be here a few years. Yes please, but remember to play him.
According to the TOS national guys, TJ told them that he committed to Duke with the plan laid out of him being a multi year kid. Neither TJ or the staff see him as a OAD. Hopefully, TJ is an All American Junior leading the Boozer twins and Cooper Flagg to a championship.

According to the TOS national guys, TJ told them that he committed to Duke with the plan laid out of him being a multi year kid. Neither TJ or the staff see him as a OAD. Hopefully, TJ is an All American Junior leading the Boozer twins and Cooper Flagg to a championship.
To go along with this , TJ also wants to add more strength and mix it up on the inside more which he is continuing to improve at but with that said it is also another year before he hits campus so a lot can change .

I like the idea of having Young, Schutt, Blakes and Reeves to mix in with the freshman. Plus 2 role players from the portal and that's decent experience. If Roach returns even better.

I like the idea of having Young, Schutt, Blakes and Reeves to mix in with the freshman. Plus 2 role players from the portal and that's decent experience. If Roach returns even better.
If Young, Schutt and Blakes return I don’t see Duke looking at the portal with what they have coming in .

Yeah I don’t see a big need for the portal unless players transfer out of nowhere. The projected roster looks loaded if we retain some of the players. Time will tell.

Reactions: sheyduke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT