ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

This is more real than people think. That's why it needs to be too big to rig.
It's more real than what @dukesince91 posted. I like that interviewer guy. He made Jordan Peterson seem decent and reasonable. While I disagree, I respect what the guy sad in a one minute clip.

Both parties are pretty centrist in many ways. It's always comical when Democrats are painted as some kind of extreme liberals when they're in bed with big business, big war business, and maintain systemic racism just as much as Republicans at times.

They say this shit as if we don't know.

Uhh... that's a 22 second clip and Rep Pelosi is speaking for about the last 8 seconds. That's a ridiculously small clip to use to claim what the Tweet claimed, as ridiculous as the "very fine people" framing. Is this what qualifies as news for you? I don't remember the last time you posted a link to a peer-reviewed or well-sourced or properly vetted and cited article on some topic. It's all just Tweets telling you what to think.
I was about to post a reply w/o watching the video, admitting it was a straight-up lie if that's what she actually said. I only stopped and watched it because I was qualifying my reply so much. Then I deleted it all and this is what you get instead. IOW, I almost did what you did: read the text of the Tweet and trusted it as accurate.

It's more real than what @dukesince91 posted. I like that interviewer guy. He made Jordan Peterson seem decent and reasonable. While I disagree, I respect what the guy sad in a one minute clip.

Both parties are pretty centrist in many ways. It's always comical when Democrats are painted as some kind of extreme liberals when they're in bed with big business, big war business, and maintain systemic racism just as much as Republicans at times.

Uhh... that's a 22 second clip and Rep Pelosi is speaking for about the last 8 seconds. That's a ridiculously small clip to use to claim what the Tweet claimed, as ridiculous as the "very fine people" framing. Is this what qualifies as news for you? I don't remember the last time you posted a link to a peer-reviewed or well-sourced or properly vetted and cited article on some topic. It's all just Tweets telling you what to think.
I was about to post a reply w/o watching the video, admitting it was a straight-up lie if that's what she actually said. I only stopped and watched it because I was qualifying my reply so much. Then I deleted it all and this is what you get instead. IOW, I almost did what you did: read the text of the Tweet and trusted it as accurate.
Is that not what she said? Not sure why you would need a peer-reviewed article for a single line that you can hear for yourself in that clip. What context could possibly change what she said from a lie to the truth? You are a ridiculous person.

Hell, your party believes everything the MSM spouts out daily.
Oooh! Ya zinged me!

Seriously: where’s the line between parody and impersonating someone or making up something deliberately or stochastically deceptive? It’s a nonpartisan question.

It’s all well and good to think the people who believed the War of the Worlds broadcast were an anomaly, but AI makes the prospect of a repeat pretty daunting.

Is that not what she said? Not sure why you would need a peer-reviewed article for a single line that you can hear for yourself in that clip. What context could possibly change what she said from a lie to the truth? You are a ridiculous person.
I don’t mean peer-reviewing this; I mean ever.

Is “open primary” an officially defined term? Or is it one we can use more loosely, or based on technicalities?

Rep Pelosi said of VP Harris, “…she won it [because] no one else got in the race.” In that sense, it’s not much different from complaining about an uncontested primary where the rebuttal is “we had a primary, you didn’t enter anyone.” You don’t technically have a primary if there’s only one candidate, but there’s context.

It’s absolutely a manipulative, political statement. It’s not “straight-up lying.” She’s not trying to convince anyone that hundreds of thousands of people voted for Harris after President Biden’s withdrawal.

I don’t consider it a straightforward, transparent statement. It’s evasive and — as I said — manipulative and political.

But using an 8-second soundbite that then gets interpreted for you through a tweet, that you then reshare and parrot… it’s part of the problem.

I mean, would Pelosi have gotten any credit at all if she’d said, “Technically, sure, she didn’t win the nom through the people’s vote, but…”? Or would another one of your tweetmasters have cut off the “but…” and used it to invalidate Harris’ candidacy? Like the left did with “very fine people”?

I don’t mean peer-reviewing this; I mean ever.

Is “open primary” an officially defined term? Or is it one we can use more loosely, or based on technicalities?

Rep Pelosi said of VP Harris, “…she won it [because] no one else got in the race.” In that sense, it’s not much different from complaining about an uncontested primary where the rebuttal is “we had a primary, you didn’t enter anyone.” You don’t technically have a primary if there’s only one candidate, but there’s context.

It’s absolutely a manipulative, political statement. It’s not “straight-up lying.” She’s not trying to convince anyone that hundreds of thousands of people voted for Harris after President Biden’s withdrawal.

I don’t consider it a straightforward, transparent statement. It’s evasive and — as I said — manipulative and political.

But using an 8-second soundbite that then gets interpreted for you through a tweet, that you then reshare and parrot… it’s part of the problem.

I mean, would Pelosi have gotten any credit at all if she’d said, “Technically, sure, she didn’t win the nom through the people’s vote, but…”? Or would another one of your tweetmasters have cut off the “but…” and used it to invalidate Harris’ candidacy? Like the left did with “very fine people”?
Like I said. You are a ridiculous person.

Oooh! Ya zinged me!

Seriously: where’s the line between parody and impersonating someone or making up something deliberately or stochastically deceptive? It’s a nonpartisan question.

It’s all well and good to think the people who believed the War of the Worlds broadcast were an anomaly, but AI makes the prospect of a repeat pretty daunting.
The line should be where it is an actual attempt to deceive people into believing something that has actual consequences. Mocking or altering words while openly advertising it as satire or parody is protected speech. Even if it hurts feelings.

The line should be where it is an actual attempt to deceive people into believing something that has actual consequences. Mocking or altering words while openly advertising it as satire or parody is protected speech. Even if it hurts feelings.
Eh. The closer to the line you get, the greater the gray area.

I'll get accused of tokenizing this man. But this is just me sharing the voice of a Chicago citizen speaking out against the policies that have allowed an already struggling minority community, to be so negatively affected by thousands of unvetted immigrants being dumped in their neighborhoods.

I'll get accused of tokenizing this man. But this is just me sharing the voice of a Chicago citizen speaking out against the policies that have allowed an already struggling minority community, to be so negatively affected by thousands of unvetted immigrants being dumped in their neighborhoods.

Oh, if only he was an NC resident! You'd have your emergency replacement gubernatorial candidate.

I'm proud of you for pausing to consider whether you're tokenizing this man. It shows growth and the beginning of self-awareness.

qtuqzy10r8g61.jpg

Let me know if you need to be walked through the relevance.

Oh, if only he was an NC resident! You'd have your emergency replacement gubernatorial candidate.

I'm proud of you for pausing to consider whether you're tokenizing this man. It shows growth and the beginning of self-awareness.

qtuqzy10r8g61.jpg

Let me know if you need to be walked through the relevance.
So nothing to say about the actual topic, huh?

*Sigh*. So I do need to explain the cartoon to you, because it is in and of itself a response to your intentions with the video.
The guy on the left -- the "foreigner" -- represents immigrants, or "illegal aliens," as you like to call them.
The guy in the middle represents the guy Nathan Clark fantasizes about murdering his son.
The guy on the right represents the speaker in your video.

The guy in your video has fallen for the trick of blaming immigrants for problems those in power have helped create. You're once again using Twitter as a means of supporting President Trump, a guy whose very entrance into the political sphere was centered on immigration problems he said were destroying the country. In 2015. 9 years later, including 4 years of his own Presidency, he has so bamboozled the dude at the mic that the dude is claiming President Biden is responsible for all of it, in a little over 3 1/2 years. And the "all of it" is entirely focused on the presence of immigrants as a bad thing.

I'm neither conceding nor denying President Biden's role in this, but the idea that any one person or political party is entirely to blame for a problem that has been talked about since at least 1937 is ignorant. The speaker in your video is speaking from a place of ignorance.

And that is how that cartoon was a response to your video from the very beginning, not a deflection in any way. You're just not smart enough to see it.

Now go ahead and pretend you wouldn't love everything I just said if @Mac9192 had said it, because that's exactly what he would say if he was who he says he is (but isn't).

Last edited:
*Sigh*. So I do need to explain the cartoon to you, because it is in and of itself a response to your intentions with the video.
The guy on the left -- the "foreigner" -- represents immigrants, or "illegal aliens," as you like to call them.
The guy in the middle represents the guy Nathan Clark fantasizes about murdering his son.
The guy on the right represents the speaker in your video.

The guy in your video has fallen for the trick of blaming immigrants for problems those in power have helped create. You're once again using Twitter as a means of supporting President Trump, a guy whose very entrance into the political sphere was centered on immigration problems he said were destroying the country. In 2015. 9 years later, including 4 years of his own Presidency, he has so bamboozled the dude at the mic that the dude is claiming President Biden is responsible for all of it, in a little over 3 1/2 years. And the "all of it" is entirely focused on the presence of immigrants as a bad thing.

I'm neither conceding nor denying President Biden's role in this, but the idea that any one person or political party is entirely to blame for a problem that has been talked about since at least 1937 is ignorant. The speaker in your video is speaking from a place of ignorance.

And that is how that cartoon was a response to your video from the very beginning, not a deflection in any way. You're just not smart enough to see it.

Now go ahead and pretend you wouldn't love everything I just said if @Mac9192 had said it, because that's exactly what he would say if he was who he says he is (but isn't).
Why would I love what you said if anyone else said it? That is such a dumb prediction. If Mac said it, it would be just as wrong as it is with you saying it. If you want to say that it isn't just the democrats that are at fault for what is happening, that's one thing. But you're denying that what the man is saying is really happening when it is absolutely happening. I can't imagine you actually watched the video and listened to what he said, because he is clearly blaming the people in power. You know, the guy in your brilliant cartoon that you don't think I am smart enough to figure out. You fcking idiot. He didn't once put the blame on immigrants. It is you, not him, that is speaking from a place of ignorance. And I posted the video from a Twitter link. I am not using Twitter as a means of supporting Donald Trump. Ignore the source of the video and pay attention to the content. This is an issue regardless of who the GOP candidate would be. I didn't bring Trump up at all to support him. I support this man's fact based opinions on what is happening in his community as well as hundreds of other communities across the country. Because of the people in power, not just because of the immigrants themselves. So like you, your cartoon is useless and doesn't provide anything profound.

Why would I love what you said if anyone else said it? That is such a dumb prediction. If Mac said it, it would be just as wrong as it is with you saying it. If you want to say that it isn't just the democrats that are at fault for what is happening, that's one thing. But you're denying that what the man is saying is really happening when it is absolutely happening. I can't imagine you actually watched the video and listened to what he said, because he is clearly blaming the people in power. You know, the guy in your brilliant cartoon that you don't think I am smart enough to figure out. You fcking idiot. He didn't once put the blame on immigrants. It is you, not him, that is speaking from a place of ignorance. And I posted the video from a Twitter link. I am not using Twitter as a means of supporting Donald Trump. Ignore the source of the video and pay attention to the content. This is an issue regardless of who the GOP candidate would be. I didn't bring Trump up at all to support him. I support this man's fact based opinions on what is happening in his community as well as hundreds of other communities across the country. Because of the people in power, not just because of the immigrants themselves. So like you, your cartoon is useless and doesn't provide anything profound.
If Mac went off on how all political parties are corrupt and he doesn't trust any of them and that's why he's an indpenendent who thinks for himself and makes his own rules (which he would only do in the face of an undeniable Republican scandal), y'all would be falling all over yourself to nominate him for NC Governor.

I have not remotely denied that a huge influx of immigrants or refugees into a finite area strains resources. The guy in the video is blaming politicians... for what? It ain't a shortage of yogurt flavors at Kroger. It's iiiiiiiiiimmigraaaaaaaaants, immigrants, immigrants. Why? Because they're taking jobs and school funding and tax dollars. Who is? It's iiiiiiiiimmigraaaaaaaaants, immigrants, immigrants.

A week ago you were digging your heels in about immigrants snatching up pets in Springfield based on a Facebook post and a community meeting comment. Now you're once again using Twitter -- your favorite news source -- to promote the "fact-based opinion" of someone you already agreed with and therefore coronate as an authority despite not knowing anything else about him or the context of the comments. Meanwhile, I'm acknowledging the strain he's clearly under as a result of overwhelmed infrastructure despite disagreeing with how his comments are being abused by political hacks on Twitter and re-baaaaaaahed by sheep like you.

Last edited:
If Mac went off on how all political parties are corrupt and he doesn't trust any of them and that's why he's an indpenendent who thinks for himself and makes his own rules (which he would only do in the face of an undeniable Republican scandal), y'all would be falling all over yourself to nominate him for NC Governor.

I have not remotely denied that a huge influx of immigrants or refugees into a finite area strains resources. The guy in the video is blaming politicians... for what? It ain't a shortage of yogurt flavors at Kroger. It's iiiiiiiiiimmigraaaaaaaaants, immigrants, immigrants. Why? Because they're taking jobs and school funding and tax dollars. Who is? It's iiiiiiiiimmigraaaaaaaaants, immigrants, immigrants.

A week ago you were digging your heels in about immigrants snatching up pets in Springfield based on a Facebook post and a community meeting comment. Now you're once again using Twitter -- your favorite news source -- to promote the "fact-based opinion" of someone you already agreed with and therefore coronate as an authority despite not knowing anything else about him or the context of the comments. Meanwhile, I'm acknowledging the strain he's clearly under as a result of overwhelmed infrastructure despite disagreeing with how his comments are being abused by political hacks on Twitter and re-baaaaaaahed by sheep like you.
Full of lies. I never dug my heels in on that shit and you know it. And why are the resources being taken up by iiiiiiiiimmigraaaaants? Because politicians are shipping them into communities by the thousands without providing the communities with anything to help them absorb the strain. Again, he is putting the blame exactly where it belongs. But either way, I am done responding to you. Not sure why I ever bothered. If you want to take that as some kind of victory, have it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT