ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

If You Are Not a Liberal When You Are Young, You
Have No Heart, and If You Are Not a Conservative
When Old, You Have No Brain’
Churchill i believe

Yet voting for the party that is eroding your paycheck, limiting your job opportunies by shrinking the econony and curtailing your chances at home ownership by raising interest rates - all of which they voted for seems to be against their self interest wouldnt you say? I concede that the youth vote emotionally ( abortion, democracy...whatever that means) and are lead by the messaging of the left unfortunately...our electorate isnt getting smarter, its going the other direction.

On the GOP, I agree change is needed. Too many long standing party members who are feckless and are just establishment hacks at this point...I'd vote for term limits in a heartbeat. We need younger leaders - on both sides, ones that are in touch with the generations that understand where we should be as a nation...that can appeal to the youth about their future, the old for their health and saftey and to everyone for economic opportunity, security and well being. I hope 2024 ushers in new more vibrant leaders on both sides
I wouldn’t say any of those things are actually the party platform.

I agree that youth is needed in both parties. The Dems got it right with President Obama, then treated the nom like an entitlement in ‘16 & ‘20. Generally speaking, the next generation is getting more liberal on both sides.

I wouldn’t say any of those things are actually the party platform.

I agree that youth is needed in both parties. The Dems got it right with President Obama, then treated the nom like an entitlement in ‘16 & ‘20. Generally speaking, the next generation is getting more liberal on both sides.

But they are consequences of party decisions....if we are getting more liberal then we are in for more tough times...see previous quote...we should be trying to get back to the middle...

Reactions: pisgah101
But they are consequences of party decisions....if we are getting more liberal then we are in for more tough times...see previous quote...we should be trying to get back to the middle...
Yes, subjectively, and party decisions are often influenced/compromised by circumstances, not ideals.

Getting back to the middle would mean moving left in my book.

You have to be joking.Going further left would put us on the Atlantic Ocean
Correct. Datt just engaged in a time honored liberal con where even when liberals get their way like the past 2 yrs they pretend like they’re centrists. If things are deemed a success they should have gone farther. If things are an epic fail ( see Joe Biden) they claim he didn’t go far enough

Reactions: Fourteen44

The left and their racist ways. Thinking that people of color and monkeys go together. Par for the course.
Addressing an historic racist trope isn’t being racist.

I do find the new name kinda funny and eye-rolly in the same way that “Taco Tuesday” is supposed to be significant diversity.

I do find the new name kinda funny and eye-rolly in the same way that “Taco Tuesday” is supposed to be significant diversity.
And here I thought people had Taco Day because it’s a cheap easy food to prepare and people like to eat it. Should we not be eating tacos?

But that's just it. As the rest of the world tries to move on from these things, the left just can't do it. It eliminates the first chapter of the left's political playbook.

But that's just it. As the rest of the world tries to move on from these things, the left just can't do it. It eliminates the first chapter of the left's political playbook.
I don’t know how you figure “the rest of the world.”

The way to move on from something is to finish dealing with it. There are still people in the workforce — let alone alive — who experienced segregation (which may be the last time in history we have clear agreement that racism existed). You don’t move on by acting as if something hurtful just isn’t anymore, and what real harm does it do to change the name?

• Haha
It’s also not for people who weren’t affected by a thing to tell those who were when it’s time to move on. Y’all know that’s true when it comes to grief: there’s no set timeline and no set means of grieving. Why would you expect that to be different when it comes to the effects of hundreds of years of institutional racism, especially when there are some from multiple living generations that experienced it directly?

• Haha
It’s also not for people who weren’t affected by a thing to tell those who were when it’s time to move on. Y’all know that’s true when it comes to grief: there’s no set timeline and no set means of grieving. Why would you expect that to be different when it comes to the effects of hundreds of years of institutional racism, especially when there are some from multiple living generations that experienced it directly?
I agree with some of what you’re saying. Like grief and healing. But then there’s some, like racism, that many use to profit off of, and many use it to stay as “victims.”

This is pure fact. But you don’t want to admit it.

I don’t know how you figure “the rest of the world.”

The way to move on from something is to finish dealing with it. There are still people in the workforce — let alone alive — who experienced segregation (which may be the last time in history we have clear agreement that racism existed). You don’t move on by acting as if something hurtful just isn’t anymore, and what real harm does it do to change the name?
So what would you call Taco Day?

If I were a person of color I would be concerned about the past as well as current injustices. I would hope, however, that I wouldn’t become so obsessed that paranoia and a sense of victimhood would overshadow reality I notice you’ve been silent about discrimination against Asian Americans in college admissions. So for some reason the system isn’t stacked against them Interesting

I agree with some of what you’re saying. Like grief and healing. But then there’s some, like racism, that many use to profit off of, and many use it to stay as “victims.”

Kind of like how BLM disappeared after the 2020 election

Sure, I’ll admit it. Those aren’t the exact words I’d use, but yeah, okay. The question is how much of that there is relative to how much genuine racism still impacts people today. I suspect I disagree very much with most of y’all about that amount.

And I have no interest in discussing this further if you’re not also able to recognize that genuine institutional racism has been something white people have profited off of so much and for so long that it explains a lot of race-based disparity that still exists.

Last edited:
  • Haha
If I were a person of color I would be concerned about the past as well as current injustices. I would hope, however, that I wouldn’t become so obsessed that paranoia and a sense of victimhood would overshadow reality I notice you’ve been silent about discrimination against Asian Americans in college admissions. So for some reason the system isn’t stacked against them Interesting
Again, that whole idea about “paranoia and a sense of victimhood” is continuing to judge how people who’ve been through something you haven’t ought to respond. If you’re starting a sentence with “If I were…” followed by something you aren’t, you should pause.

I’m not really sure what you’re referring to when you mention “current injustices,” because that’s one of the things I catch the most flack about here when I bring them up. It seems pretty contradictory to what you just said about moving on, the way I’m seeing it.

And yes, there should be more attention paid to racism against Asian-Americans. It’s not a competition. “What-about-ism” is a logical fallacy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Almost as if BLM and Antifa were paid before mush brain became Potato in Chief.
Here’s a link to BLM’s news tab. I found a reference to “President-ELECT Biden” on page 11, so there are 10 or so pages of media announcements that cover the <2 years of President Biden’s tenure.

Antifa isn’t an actual, organized group. It’s more of an ideology. There’ve been rumors about their starting the Oregon wildfires in 2021 and essentially doxing SCOTUS Justices in 2022.

Last edited:
Here’s a link to BLM’s news tab. I found a reference to “President-ELECT Biden” on page 11, so there are 10 or so pages of media announcements that cover the <2 years of President Biden’s tenure.

Antifa isn’t an actual, organized group. It’s more of an ideology. There’ve been rumors about their starting the Oregon wildfires in 2021 and essentially doxing SCOTUS Justices in 2022.
Didn’t mean to imply that BLM literally ceased to exist. I figured they still have a website and an office but they’re not in the public eye anymore. After Biden was elected they’d served their purpose. They’ll get the band back together if Trump runs

Last edited:
I

It absolutely is an organized group - you’re too moronic to see it though 😊

• Haha
Reactions: Crest is Garbage
Didn’t mean to imply that BLM literally ceased to exist. I figured they still have a website and an office but they’re not in the public eye anymore. After Biden was elected they’d served their purpose. They’ll get the band back together if Trump runs
Why is it surprising that groups on the left would be more vocal under a Republican administration and groups from the right would be more vocal during a Democratic administration?

Why is it surprising that groups on the left would be more vocal under a Republican administration and groups from the right would be more vocal during a Democratic administration?
How many cities have burned because of the right?

You won’t answer me directly though, you’re afraid of me…..ever since I embarrassed you over sars CoV 2😉

BLM took a series of incidents, some of which were known to be racial hoaxes ( inc Muchael Brown and the Wendy’s drive in incident when the “victim” actually tazed the officer) and with the help of the ever complicit media incited acts of destruction the likes of which this country has never seen. This was not a reaction to Republican policies as you suggested in your response but rather a targeted effort to get the Black vote to the polls in order to defeat Trump. If their primary goal is “reform” it shouldn’t matter who’s in the Oval Office

Reactions: Mac9192
BLM took a series of incidents, some of which were known to be racial hoaxes ( inc Muchael Brown and the Wendy’s drive in incident when the “victim” actually tazed the officer) and with the help of the ever complicit media incited acts of destruction the likes of which this country has never seen. This was not a reaction to Republican policies as you suggested in your response but rather a targeted effort to get the Black vote to the polls in order to defeat Trump. If their primary goal is “reform” it shouldn’t matter who’s in the Oval Office
Yeah anyone with any common sense knows BLM and Antifa were organized efforts to make things look more chaotic under Trump. Media turns a blind eye. Which also says they’re in on it.
If the current Potato in Chief was a Republican, he wouldn’t be allowed anywhere near DC.

Last edited:
Datt will probably chime in so I want h
Yeah anyone with any common sense knows BLM and Antifa were organized efforts to make things look more chaotic under Trump. Media turns a blind eye. Which also says they’re in on it.
Very evil things that went on while Trump was in, and if the current Potato in Chief was a Republican, he wouldn’t be allowed anywhere near D
Yup the Ferguson incident happened Obama’s last year in office and BLM would have died on the vine if Crooked had won in 2016. It would have never spread across the US without the medias practically begging for it

That’s the spirit.
No, really: I don’t even agree with your alleged “racial hoaxes” or Mac’s claim about BLM and Antifa’s origins. Those are in the first sentences of each of your posts. How do we get past that and have any productive, constructive discussion?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT