ADVERTISEMENT

The New Lounge

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes…. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”
– Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria), 1774-1776
Still holds true.

Reactions: smashmouth5
".The gun crime in "Democrat-run" cities is a red herring only the right thinks is relevant at all. Poverty in high-density populations leads to higher crime rates. Fix that. That's not a gun problem; that's a poverty problem. Those cities are "Democrat-run" b/c Democrats at least express empathy for the circumstances and give lip service to social programs. All the GOP does is talk about getting tough on crime, which people who are actually IN cities know doesn't fix anything -- it just locks more people up and tears more families apart. But rural constituents eat that "tough on crime" junk up as the cure-all for somewhere they don't live or understand, so the right sticks with that message."

Stop and frisk certainly had a positive impact on crime. No cash bail certainly had a negative impact on crime. I guess this is the same argument that these poor folks can't find a way to get an ID. So we shouldn't lock up people for crimes huh. That will certainly deter them. Wouldn't it be a better idea to go in and clean up these cities so companies are comfortable moving business into those areas? Wait AOC didn't see any reason to bring in 1000's of jobs to the people she represents. Poverty is a major issue in high crime areas, but that will never change as long as money is kept being pumped in to remove all motivation to change. Teach a man to fish. WE ARE TEARING THE FAMILIES APART! What do you think has happened with the assault on the nuclear family?

Reactions: Mac9192
I know some will think that because it's Fox it's in some way biased...however, I encourage people to watch with an open mind because the message is one that is worth hearing.

Today the president referred to a 9mm as a high caliber bullet. Said that a .22 can be removed from your body and your life can be saved. Then rambled about not needing a high caliber weapon to hunt. This is why the right will not give an inch. Because the left will continue to redefine what a high caliber weapon is until you cannot legally own an air rifle. The 2nd ammendment has nothing to do with hunting...

Today the president referred to a 9mm as a high caliber bullet. Said that a .22 can be removed from your body and your life can be saved. Then rambled about not needing a high caliber weapon to hunt. This is why the right will not give an inch. Because the left will continue to redefine what a high caliber weapon is until you cannot legally own an air rifle. The 2nd ammendment has nothing to do with hunting...
Did he use his patented Kevlar vest bs?

Government implies the power of making laws. It is essential to the idea of a law, that it be attended with a sanction; or, in other words, a penalty or punishment for disobedience. If there be no penalty annexed to disobedience, the resolutions or commands which pretend to be laws will, in fact, amount to nothing more than advice or recommendation

Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers

Let's enforce the laws on the books and we will be amazed at the outcome.

We watched as Canada took away free speech and assembly when they violently cracked down on peaceful protesters. We saw them arrest and abuse reporters who reported negatively against the government's response to the peaceful protests. We saw them freeze assets from anyone who supported or served protesters, cops who refused to enforce the violent crackdowns and tow companies who refused to tow at the government's order. Now we are seeing them stop the sale of handguns or any toy the resembles a gun. (Lol) Next phase is total disarming of their citizens.

It already happened in Australia. Now Canada. Anyone who doesn't think it is happening here is a fool. We've let them write this off as fear mongering and a right wing boogieman for too long. If we keep electing democrats, this is the road we will go down.

We watched as Canada took away free speech and assembly when they violently cracked down on peaceful protesters. We saw them arrest and abuse reporters who reported negatively against the government's response to the peaceful protests. We saw them freeze assets from anyone who supported or served protesters, cops who refused to enforce the violent crackdowns and tow companies who refused to tow at the government's order. Now we are seeing them stop the sale of handguns or any toy the resembles a gun. (Lol) Next phase is total disarming of their citizens.

It already happened in Australia. Now Canada. Anyone who doesn't think it is happening here is a fool. We've let them write this off as fear mongering and a right wing boogieman for too long. If we keep electing democrats, this is the road we will go down.
After the 2020 debacle, they now know they can cheat in elections. That was the tipping point. They put everything into beating Trump, and there’s not a damn thing we can do about it.

If the fat lady isn’t singing, she’s for sure warming up the vocals.

So the President doesn't think we should make it tougher to get into schools.

Let's think...
Abortion any time.
Schools with easy access to monsters.
Empty shelves that should have baby formula.
Etc etc etc

What does Sloppy Joe value?

With 300+ million people, we are going to have our wackos. It is impossible to prevent everyone from going on some sort of a rampage. It is impossible to keep everyone from obtaining weapons to carry out mindless attacks whether it be a gun or a hammer. It is possible to protect the public by securing the schools and other soft targets. We just won't because we don't think people are the problem. We think guns are. When they blatantly refuse to protect our children, why doesn't the public ask why? Could it be that they don't care about protecting the children? Sure feels that way. The left is everything they accuse you of being. Only worse.

In the last week, 5 children under 10, including a 3 year old, have been shot in Baltimore. But those aren't gun problems. Those are poverty issues. Fix the poverty, fix the senseless shootings.

How many children are shot across the country by people looking for bread every day, I wonder. Well. The cdc has a five year average of 22 children (ages 1-17) shot daily. With 5 of those 22 being fatal. That would be 96 of the texas school shooting events (Deaths) per year. But @Dattier Is right. We have a military grade weapon problem in this country. Once those weapons are illegal, we can cut the average child deaths by gun from 4.99/day to 4.93/day.

Nothing before Trump, and now after him, is about the betterment of the country. The longer we go after his time in office, the more obvious it is.

I don’t know what our future holds, but the bulb is getting dimmer by the day.

I miss Trump. We all should. He really tried, and proved the swamp is deeper and wider than any of us thought. Overall, I’m ashamed of the party I’m registered to.

We have the border fiasco, the whole covid shit show, the election sham, to the now food shortages and massive inflation. The msm would love to forget the Hunter Biden and his family's dealings. If his last name was Trump? He would already be in prison. Nothing to see with the handling of the Afghanistan pullout either. Instead, we get non stop coverage on Johnny Depp's divorce.

You need help if you aren't outraged at what our leaders are doing to our country.

Seattle will no longer assign detectives to cases of rape with adults. Forget crimes that actually harm people. We need the guns of law abiding citizens.

Saw a video where a guy walked up to a woman, stabbed her in the back and walked away. Shouldn't we ban all knives after this act of violence.

Sloppy Joe's party...the party for a safer America.

As Faucci said on challenging the masks mandate. You need to do it so agency's are able to declare these things in a state of emergency.

The things the left are pushing is all about the maintaining of power.

We are we not looking at how society has continued to slide. I saw where at the Cannes film festival they gave a standing ovation to a movie with grotesque body horror that some people had to get up and leave in the first 5 minutes. Somebody is making a horror movie using Winnie the Pooh. HBO Max is making a new "adult themed" Scooby Doo. I wonder if children will see this because parents are not paying attention. Kids on playgrounds are now pretending to play games that are seen on Squid Games. Did we not think this would have an impact on the psyche of American society? We are normalizing terrible things and shocked when it creeps into everyday life. So little value is placed on life that an unhinged individual has no problem taking one.

Reactions: Mac9192 and KDSTONE
...your post talking about thoughts and prayers for "actual living children" demonstrates and evil and twisted view on abortions. Let's not pretend that that was simply satire.

... I'm not following the firat ammendment part though.

...what a convenient way of brushing the problem off by blaming it on poverty. We're not talking about people stealing bread here, Mrs A.O.C. We're talking about brazen criminals who have zero value for human life. They're not victims of poverty. They are degenerates fighting over territory and drug money. If it is not a gun problem when a drug dealer uses a gun to kill people, then it isn't a gun problem when a messed up teenager with social issues uses a gun to kill people. That makes sense, right? It further proves my point that the left only cares about gun violence when the killer fits a narrative and uses a type of gun. And I will just ignore the empathy part because that's hogwash.

Either way, I agree with some of your points. But others are not very reasonable. Kind of the looks good on paper type deal. It's certainly a better look for you to lay it out whether people agree with you or not than to just snootily say 'thoughts and prays'.
My thoughts & prayers post was mocking right-wing hypocrisy: caring only about unborn children while doing nothing on gun control, school funding, food stamps, healthcare, etc, for actual living children. I consider that evil & twisted.

The ACLU decided a few years back that it would not defend people based on peaceful assembly if they are carrying weapons. The threat detracts from the peaceful part.

Most of the guns you're talking about in inner city crime are already illegal, so their availability is an issue. It is short-sighted to think targeting poverty is brushing anything off. The "degenerates" you refer to can largely be traced back to innocent little kids with potential who made desperate choices due to poverty. Mass shootings, otoh, have been carried out almost exclusively with legally purchased weapons. It's kind of like how the left also care more about police brutality than so-called "Black-on-Black" crime: We expect crime in impoverished, primarily BIPOC neighborhoods and when they're caught, they're punished. We expect better of our LEO and when they fall short and get caught, they too often get away with it.

If the empathy part is hogwash, PROVE IT by demonstrating some here.

Thanks for a thoughtful and reasonable reply.

So now they want an investigation into the border patrol agents that took out the shooter. You can't make this sh-- up.

So now they want an investigation into the border patrol agents that took out the shooter. You can't make this sh-- up.
Unfortunately, we can’t make this stuff up. We are being gas lighted so bad. @KDSTONE said it best a while back, and it’s spot on: the foxes are the ones guarding the hen houses.

Reactions: smashmouth5
My thoughts & prayers post was mocking right-wing hypocrisy: caring only about unborn children while doing nothing on gun control, school funding, food stamps, healthcare, etc, for actual living children. I consider that evil & twisted.

The ACLU decided a few years back that it would not defend people based on peaceful assembly if they are carrying weapons. The threat detracts from the peaceful part.

Most of the guns you're talking about in inner city crime are already illegal, so their availability is an issue. It is short-sighted to think targeting poverty is brushing anything off. The "degenerates" you refer to can largely be traced back to innocent little kids with potential who made desperate choices due to poverty. Mass shootings, otoh, have been carried out almost exclusively with legally purchased weapons. It's kind of like how the left also care more about police brutality than so-called "Black-on-Black" crime: We expect crime in impoverished, primarily BIPOC neighborhoods and when they're caught, they're punished. We expect better of our LEO and when they fall short and get caught, they too often get away with it.

If the empathy part is hogwash, PROVE IT by demonstrating some here.

Thanks for a thoughtful and reasonable reply.
Again the "actual living children" is a twisted way of looking at abortion. Whether it is a child being murdered in school or an unborn child being terminated, it is still a human life that was taken away by no reason of their own doing. By removing the fact that a baby in the womb is a living human being, you are removing any moral obligation to treat it as such. It's not hypocritical at all for the right to want to protect the unborn but not do anything about gun control. They are not the same at all. But either way, we can move on from the abortion comparison as it was stupid from the start.

You're furthering my point about inner city gun use and how they are illegal. That is why gun control is not the leading solution. Better security is. You're using poverty as an excuse for murderous behavior. That's ridiculous. No matter what the reason for someone shooting someone else, there's always a reason. One doesn't excuse the action more than the other. If the reason excuses the action, then it isn't a gun issue regardless of what kind of gun is used at all. It's mental health, or poverty, right? And your comment on mass shootings is far from true. The mass shootings that the left love and the media obsesses over, maybe. But the vast majority of mass shootings are done with illegal weapons. We just like to define a mass shooting as one done with an AR15. There were 4 mass shootings in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend. Just not the type that gets us excited to talk about. And let's be straight about it. These people are degenerates. We all start off as innocent children. Some of us choose to try hard in school and work on a bright future. Some of us get involved in mischievous habits. These aren't desperate choices, these are choices made by people before they have anything to be desperate for, in most cases. And they're responsible for their own choices whatever their reasons are regardless. Again, the type of guns the democrats are trying to criminalize are responsible for less than 3% of gun deaths. And yet it somehow means you lack empathy if you think it is useless to make those guns illegal. It's just political blabber. While the left laughs at the idea of better protecting schools. It's crazy.

Reactions: QC Dukie
Again the "actual living children" is a twisted way of looking at abortion. Whether it is a child being murdered in school or an unborn child being terminated, it is still a human life that was taken away by no reason of their own doing. By removing the fact that a baby in the womb is a living human being, you are removing any moral obligation to treat it as such. It's not hypocritical at all for the right to want to protect the unborn but not do anything about gun control. They are not the same at all. But either way, we can move on from the abortion comparison as it was stupid from the start.

You're furthering my point about inner city gun use and how they are illegal. That is why gun control is not the leading solution. Better security is. You're using poverty as an excuse for murderous behavior. That's ridiculous. No matter what the reason for someone shooting someone else, there's always a reason. One doesn't excuse the action more than the other. If the reason excuses the action, then it isn't a gun issue regardless of what kind of gun is used at all. It's mental health, or poverty, right? And your comment on mass shootings is far from true. The mass shootings that the left love and the media obsesses over, maybe. But the vast majority of mass shootings are done with illegal weapons. We just like to define a mass shooting as one done with an AR15. There were 4 mass shootings in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend. Just not the type that gets us excited to talk about. And let's be straight about it. These people are degenerates. We all start off as innocent children. Some of us choose to try hard in school and work on a bright future. Some of us get involved in mischievous habits. These aren't desperate choices, these are choices made by people before they have anything to be desperate for, in most cases. And they're responsible for their own choices whatever their reasons are regardless. Again, the type of guns the democrats are trying to criminalize are responsible for less than 3% of gun deaths. And yet it somehow means you lack empathy if you think it is useless to make those guns illegal. It's just political blabber. While the left laughs at the idea of better protecting schools. It's crazy.
I do not accept that life begins at conception. It’s not a person yet.
The right is pro-birth, not pro-life.

I’m not excusing anything. I clearly stated that when we catch criminals, they are punished. I’d rather prevent crime than punish it, though, and you don’t do that without understanding why it happens.

“Try hard.” “Bootstraps.” :rolleyes:
This is going south fast.

I do not accept that life begins at conception. It’s not a person yet.
The right is pro-birth, not pro-life.

I’m not excusing anything. I clearly stated that when we catch criminals, they are punished. I’d rather prevent crime than punish it, though, and you don’t do that without understanding why it happens.

“Try hard.” “Bootstraps.” :rolleyes:
This is going south fast.
You’re reprobate mindset will be set straight one day.. hopefully before eternity

• Haha
Reactions: Dattier and Mac9192
Just watched the Senior Advisor to Biden, Gene Sperling, on Fox News.

Talk about delusional. This guy has to be on some hard drugs.

Just watched the Senior Advisor to Biden, Gene Sperling, on Fox News.

Talk about delusional. This guy has to be on some hard drugs.
Incompetence can no longer explain this sh show. They’re living in Fantasy Land the likes of which would make Lewis Carroll say no way . Whether it’s induced by drugs or psychosis is any ones guess

Reactions: Mac9192
YES! Sloppy Joe's administration has figured it out. He's going to be on Jimmy Kimmel. All problems solved.

Reactions: QC Dukie
So Pizza Hut is now supporting a book for their reading program for Kindergarten about kids being dressed in drag. Saw an interview where they had a drag event that included children placing dollars in the pants of scantily clad individuals. They asked why are conservative parents so afraid of this. One of them said they hope they can convince more children to dress in drag. All the while, this interview is being conducted in front of a sign that says, "it's not gonna lick itself".

Nope, no grooming going on here.

A very prominent video meeting platform asked employees to post/change their name in a meeting to their drag name....not sure what corporations are thinking these days nor if this meets the regulatory standards of what is and isnt acceptable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT