ADVERTISEMENT

The Athletic

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
I was curious to know how many of you have subscriptions to The Athletic? Last May for my birthday, my wife got me a year's subscription, and I can't believe how much I enjoy it. So much so, in fact, that I gifted memberships to a few relatives this year.

For one, the writing is great. So many of the best writers around the country have left some of the top print factories and hopped on board with The Athletic. Second, I'm able to tailor the articles I see on my news feed. For example, I hate hockey.....so there's never a single hockey story that pops up. I can follow college hoops closely, the NBA, MLB and the NFL and college football....even cater it to my specific teams. If you love sports and enjoy reading as much as I do, you will love it. I promise.

Has anyone else hopped on The Athletic bandwagon?

Reactions: crazyduke3
I was curious to know how many of you have subscriptions to The Athletic? Last May for my birthday, my wife got me a year's subscription, and I can't believe how much I enjoy it. So much so, in fact, that I gifted memberships to a few relatives this year.

For one, the writing is great. So many of the best writers around the country have left some of the top print factories and hopped on board with The Athletic. Second, I'm able to tailor the articles I see on my news feed. For example, I hate hockey.....so there's never a single hockey story that pops up. I can follow college hoops closely, the NBA, MLB and the NFL and college football....even cater it to my specific teams. If you love sports and enjoy reading as much as I do, you will love it. I promise.

Has anyone else hopped on The Athletic bandwagon?
The Athletic? I assume they don’t cover Luke Maye.

Teasing big Luke aside, I have never heard of this. I will look for a free trial. Thanks.

I joined and couldn’t be happier- for all reasons you mentioned.

The Wi footballl coverage (Jesss Temple) seems to be more constant then any Duke basketball stuff- but maybe that will be changing. All around it’s been great though

I joined and couldn’t be happier- for all reasons you mentioned.

The Wi footballl coverage (Jesss Temple) seems to be more constant then any Duke basketball stuff- but maybe that will be changing. All around it’s been great though

I think it's partly because it was started in Chicago and seems to be branching out in the Midwest first. I can pretty much find out anything I want to know regarding the Twins, Vikings and Wolves. Plus, I just love the long-form writing and special individual pieces.

How's the CBB coverage? How's the Duke coverage?
I considered subscribing but the app gives you 7 free articles a month which typically seems to cover all of the Duke ones I want to read. Agree that the writing is top-notch.

How's the CBB coverage? How's the Duke coverage?

The college basketball coverage is really good. Ken Pomeroy actually writes for them and published his most recent article in the past few days.

They don’t really cover recruiting. The job Brian and Clint do for Rivals here is still the best by quite a bit, IMO.

For NBA fans I think the coverage is best. And not just your specific team or teams. For example, in just the past month, I’ve read great articles on Harry Giles, Jabari Parker, Jayson Tatum and more former Duke players.

I’ve given in some thoughts but I’m just not convicted enough to go for it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT