ADVERTISEMENT

Take away 3, add two, who you got.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Currently there are 15 teams in the ACC basketball conference. !st of all I just don't care for the odd #. If you could get rid of 3 teams but add 2 what would your choices be. Here's mine.

Gone
N.D. Main reason if they don't want to play football in conference they shouldn't be in the conference.

U.L. Just don't want them here. Is there anyway they could play in the S.E. where they could be legit rivals with U.K.

Syracuse. Should have stayed in the Big East. Just can't get used to them being in the ACC.

In.
South Carolina. One of the original teams in the ACC. They could compete. The main thing would be to piss off unCHEAT fans because South Carolina fans refer to the Gamecocks as Carolina. They could just move UL into the S.E.C. and South Carolina back into the ACC which would create one great rivalry in basketball with Clemson.

I thought about ECU but they would be another in state North Carolina team and can't compete in basketball. I went with W.F.U not to be confused with current member W.F.U. Gamecocks. West Va. is fairly close to the Atlantic coast. Closer than U.L. anyway and once again have another in state rivalry with U.V.A and Va. Tech. OFC

Reactions: DukeDenver
Get rid of

BC- offer nothing and when they came in the league acted like they would destroy Duke and be the king of the conference

ND- should be a full member as you said. They really don't bother me but geographically it's a weird sore thumb

Cuse- Yankees and haven't done anything since they joined up

Add-

Kentucky- all day and twice on Sunday. This addition would solidify us as the best basketball conference and I would love to play them yearly

Maryland- bring back the terps, they always played us tough and made for can't miss games

Currently there are 15 teams in the ACC basketball conference. !st of all I just don't care for the odd #. If you could get rid of 3 teams but add 2 what would your choices be. Here's mine.

Gone
N.D. Main reason if they don't want to play football in conference they shouldn't be in the conference.

U.L. Just don't want them here. Is there anyway they could play in the S.E. where they could be legit rivals with U.K.

Syracuse. Should have stayed in the Big East. Just can't get used to them being in the ACC.

In.
South Carolina. One of the original teams in the ACC. They could compete. The main thing would be to piss off unCHEAT fans because South Carolina fans refer to the Gamecocks as Carolina. They could just move UL into the S.E.C. and South Carolina back into the ACC which would create one great rivalry in basketball with Clemson.

I thought about ECU but they would be another in state North Carolina team and can't compete in basketball. I went with W.F.U not to be confused with current member W.F.U. Gamecocks. West Va. is fairly close to the Atlantic coast. Closer than U.L. anyway and once again have another in state rivalry with U.V.A and Va. Tech. OFC
Agree with ya Sky on 3 out the door. I also am finding myself having little use for Mike Brey. Maybe it's just me but something about how he acts when playing Duke annoys me.
I'd bring in South Carolina and Maryland. I miss the rivalry with the Terps.

Can i get rid of 5?

If its only 3 then i'd like to get rid of Notre Dame (don't fit geography and no football), BC (pretty terrible at bb and fb generally and don't fit geography) and Louisville (so many scandals, terrible academically)

I'd throw out Pitt and Syracuse next since i don't think really fit either.

Personally I'd like Florida and Georgia (take all the good teams out of florida and georgia) and be done and really own the coast.

I'd be happy to take south carolina and maryland back too, if 14 was the goal.

Reactions: BLUDVLZ91

Gone

In.

In defense of ND Football, if you were a profitable business owner would you take on 11 partners and split the proceeds?

Out: BC, Clemson, UL

Add: Florida, West Virginia

In defense of ND Football, if you were a profitable business owner would you take on 11 partners and split the proceeds?

I don't care. They should have never been allowed to play ACC basketball then. Are they getting ACC basketball money. That's one on swofford. OFC

I don't care. They should have never been allowed to play ACC basketball then. Are they getting ACC basketball money. That's one on swofford. OFC
Disagree. You want the ND brand however you can get it. Especially if there is an eventual shift in which ND has no choice but to join a conference. It was forward thinking for the ACC. They require ND to play i want to say at least 6 games a year against ACC teams. That’s big money.

Reactions: Duke1783
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT