ADVERTISEMENT

So, what other Duke forums have you been on/are you on?

What other Duke forums are you on?

• Total voters

TheDude1

Cameron Crazy
Apr 15, 2010
Just curious... I think many people here are only on this one, but I might be wrong? So, who either has posted or does post on other Duke basketball forums?

I’ve posted on all four.

DBR was in the early 2000’s as dukiej and TDD was probably mid-2000’s. I’m not sure why, but I just lost interest in both. Until probably three or four years ago I still read DBR semi-regularly. I know a few people who post there....including my uncle.

I was a part of BDN during its initial heyday and posted there quite a bit. Once Chris Collins left Duke the content took a major hit. That was Mark’s main contact in the basketball department. He had some pretty big scoops over the years. I was impressed.

I’ve always like it here better. Pretty good group of regular posters, and Brian does a great job running the site. Throw in Clint’s info on the premium side (as well as some others who are plugged in) and I think this is the best of both worlds. JMO.

I’ve posted on all four.

DBR was in the early 2000’s as dukiej and TDD was probably mid-2000’s. I’m not sure why, but I just lost interest in both. Until probably three or four years ago I still read DBR semi-regularly. I know a few people who post there....including my uncle.

I was a part of BDN during its initial heyday and posted there quite a bit. Once Chris Collins left Duke the content took a major hit. That was Mark’s main contact in the basketball department. He had some pretty big scoops over the years. I was impressed.

I’ve always like it here better. Pretty good group of regular posters, and Brian does a great job running the site. Throw in Clint’s info on the premium side (as well as some others who are plugged in) and I think this is the best of both worlds. JMO.

You Duke basketball forum hussy:)

Just this one. Though I do occasionally peruse the college basketball subreddit. It’s like if THR and RR had a baby. It’s horrible but full of the absolute dumbest and funniest people alive.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
This is the only Duke board that I’ve ever posted on but there was a time when I used to read the Duke forum on wral’s website a lot but the Basketball forums on their website were crazy because it seemed like their forums for each team were 95% filled with opposing fans just trolling the other teams forums.

I’ve posted on all four.

I always wondered why it went downhill so fast. It seemed like Mark was having some health issues, and burnout issues, but he did an awesome job before we start getting almost everyone we were after! It was really spot on info, for a good while, at the beginning. Then we started getting everyone, and I just didn’t find it as pressing, so I am just here now.

I only post here. I will randomly check other sites for info when something big happens but I haven’t done that in a while.

DI is it for me. After lurking for awhile I joined (back in '09) because of Sky, Heyman, DJ, Show and a couple more posters on here. I love Duke basketball, but these posters and many others that I've grown fond of over the years make it a community that I want to be a part of. I think the world of my many friends on DI. This is home.

OFC

My main internet stopping place for Duke basketball (and college basketball in general) is Reddit.

I posted on DBR for a while. Great board but just a different group of Duke fans.We seem to be a looser group here that enjoys going off topic every now and then. I can't put my finger on it but it's more like we are a bunch of Duke fans if we all lived close to each other we would hang out. The good natured ribbing we give one another is refreshing. I like dirt used to lurk but because of posters like K-ville aka peckerhead, dj Heyman25 and others I began posting which was awkward at 1st. Since then there have been so many of you that has joined the group that I have enjoyed. We support each other in times of sickness and trials. One of my favorite posters is my son who eventually joined. I think we are thr only father/son on the board. He 1st started out as skysdadsson but somehow his account got messed up and he now post under DukeSky85. I know our players have the brotherhood but I feel we have a brotherhood of our own here. Great board and it's free. OFC

I'm on Devil's Den as well, but this is absolutely the more mature and level headed group.
Ain't this the truth. I was part of the premium board before coming here. After being here for about a month, I cancelled my subscription and haven't looked back.

I posted on DBR for a while. Great board but just a different group of Duke fans.We seem to be a looser group here that enjoys going off topic every now and then. I can't put my finger on it but it's more like we are a bunch of Duke fans if we all lived close to each other we would hang out. The good natured ribbing we give one another is refreshing. I like dirt used to lurk but because of posters like K-ville aka peckerhead, dj Heyman25 and others I began posting which was awkward at 1st. Since then there have been so many of you that has joined the group that I have enjoyed. We support each other in times of sickness and trials. One of my favorite posters is my son who eventually joined. I think we are thr only father/son on the board. He 1st started out as skysdadsson but somehow his account got messed up and he now post under DukeSky85. I know our players have the brotherhood but I feel we have a brotherhood of our own here. Great board and it's free. OFC
Awesome post sky! Had no idea DukeSky85 is your son.

Reactions: skysdad
I go on DBR but don't post there. Speaking of which, someone on DBR noticed that Jack had a thumb brace on while he was on the bench. Which should solve that mystery.

Reactions: denverexpat
Just this one. However, when a forum starts to eat its own due to differences of opinion on every thread, it makes reasonable discussion impossible. Forums are for discussion, which means you will hear things you dont agree with...its ok, debate the merits and try not to question the intelligence, parentage or DNA of the other posters. When most threads devolve into an personal internet slagging match is when I usually decide to move on and try to find another place.

DI is it for me. After lurking for awhile I joined (back in '09) because of Sky, Heyman, DJ, Show and a couple more posters on here. I love Duke basketball, but these posters and many others that I've grown fond of over the years make it a community that I want to be a part of. I think the world of my many friends on DI. This is home.

OFC
Kind of like @Fourteen44 and I.

I used to only be TDD until probably 10 or so years ago.

TDD was nothing but an argument, Duke fans arguing with Duke fans name calling and all.

It was a disgrace.

Haven't been back since.

Reactions: skysdad
I used to post at ACCboards.com I think it was, the mod there was Mama Duke. We fought daily with the Terp fans there. Any of y’all post there?

I must say I've been on several teams' message boards, both in football and basketball, and it always gets ugly when the team loses a few. Every single time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT