ADVERTISEMENT

So we just got a crystal ball for...

I mean, if your a crystal ball picker, why wouldn't you choose Duke? We get whoever we want, if we want Montgomery, he will probably come.

My question is...He is a 6'9 PF (capable of playing center), we already have Zion coming in, and Reddish has the length to play stretch-4. Does this signal something about Bolden or Javin? What if Trent comes back? We gonna start Zion at the 5? So many questions.

I mean, if your a crystal ball picker, why wouldn't you choose Duke? We get whoever we want, if we want Montgomery, he will probably come.

My question is...He is a 6'9 PF (capable of playing center), we already have Zion coming in, and Reddish has the length to play stretch-4. Does this signal something about Bolden or Javin? What if Trent comes back? We gonna start Zion at the 5? So many questions.
Nice problems to have.

Coach K and Coach Capel are cheating.

Just ask the FBI. But they're probably cowards and afraid of Coach K just like the NCAA.

I wouldn't expect Trent to be back. Pretty sure the staff doesn't, either.

I would imagine both Bolden and Javin are firmly in the fold for next season.

Can never hurt to have depth....dont really know much about the kid but I'd rock with:

Tre/Rj/Cam/Zion/Bolden

Alex/Javin/JGold/EJ/Vrank/Jack/Robo....some of these dudes would start for about 90% of other college teams

I'm cool with just having Jack as a wing backup too though....wont bother me one bit if we miss on this kid unless the staff know something is up with one of Dukes other players already.

I think it's going to happened. At least I hope it does, IC is already salty about Duke getting involved! lol Montgomery had 39 points and 15 rebounds the other night, he would fit in great at Duke. He's actually listed at 6'10 now, never hurts to add size.

Reactions: hart2chesson
His high school is 10 miles from Wendell Carter's and they bring similar game. That doesn't hurt. Jordan Tucker transferred to Wheeler for his senior year too. I wonder what Tucker is telling EJ about Duke.

^ why do you say that? It's not a sure thing he comes to Duke.

Nothing is a sure thing, but I wouldn' trade places with no other team right now for EJ. I'll leave it at that. Time will tell soon enough.

I did hear thst this recruitment won't linger.

There has to be a sell by Duke with all the returning bigs OR there's other info about Bolden... But how soon?

I did hear thst this recruitment won't linger.

There has to be a sell by Duke with all the returning bigs OR there's other info about Bolden... But how soon?
Personally i don’t think they’d let info about a current player out there like that. I think the sell is easy though. I don’t think they have to sell hard here. Come join the best recruiting class ever. You don’t want to be left out.

Reactions: dbav
Exactly timo. Add that with how well Duke is liked here in the Atlanta and surrounding areas. Don' take long living here in the area, to start hearing things and then see cb picks match up from Slater. EJ knows he's not a one and done right now, but why not come work with the best incoming class.

I don't think Duke would say but they could say they don't know what the roster will look like especially the bigs

If we land him and he moves up at least 1 more spot that will give us 5 of the top 10 players in next year’s class but even he doesn’t move up and we stillland him that will give us 5 out of the top 10 players in next year’s class. As much as we’re already hated, the hate level against Duke will reach even higher levels if we add another top 10-15 player

Last edited:
Personally i don’t think they’d let info about a current player out there like that. I think the sell is easy though. I don’t think they have to sell hard here. Come join the best recruiting class ever. You don’t want to be left out.
I don’t even think they need to push anything. What Duke is doing right now is what all these kids want. A chance to win with other great players on a really big stage, and a clear plan to get them making a living ASAP.

I'm sure the sell is having watch Bagley and Carter giving him the freedom to play inside and out like them. If you're Duke you could easily sell how Zion and him could be next year's Carter/Bagley

This year’s team is about option. Bagley, Carter, Grayson, and now Trent can play without having to:
1. Bear all the pressure of being “the guy”.
2. Not be the sole target of our opponents defense.

Not sure how Coach K and staff explains it to the recruits, but that seems like a little logical pitch to me.

Come to Duke:
1. Get excellent coaching
2. Get gobs if media coverage.
3. Win a lot of games.
4. Potentially win a championship

See how it goes and if you want to leave we can help and if you want to stay we’d be happy for you to come back. I think most any recruit is going like that story.

I'm sure the sell is having watch Bagley and Carter giving him the freedom to play inside and out like them. If you're Duke you could easily sell how Zion and him could be next year's Carter/Bagley
Except those two aren’t carter and Bagely. They have different games and would play much different than those two. The offense wouldn’t go through Zion and EJ like it does carter and Bagely. I think it would be more of a freedom and spacing game with a ton of ball movement like the Olympic squad.

I don’t even think they need to push anything. What Duke is doing right now is what all these kids want. A chance to win with other great players on a really big stage, and a clear plan to get them making a living ASAP.
I have never thought to myself “this could not be more simple.” About recruiting. I think our pitch is right down the middle. Do you want in?

9How many posters said Duke had no chance with Zion?
15da4cb71eee10e8e11bd63c32957242.gif

99.9% of recruiting-related posts are not inside info. How many posters said Duke had no chance with Zion?
I saw with my own eyes two years ago at the Skillet before CTC. Show reeled Zion in. It was a done deal.

Reactions: DukeDenver
Ablity/impact wise, who would you guys compare EJ to? I watched one video. He looked quick and mobile, pretty agile/smooth, to have a decent touch shooting the ball, and a good feel for the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT