ADVERTISEMENT

Should They Stay Or Should They Go Now?

Is roach last? And does it feel like he might be leaning anyway now
The fact we are even having a discussion about him possibly returning is amazing. As most know he was planning on this being his last year. But he maybe having some real grownup discussions on what is financially his best move. Logically that would be another year at Duke. I have no clue what he will do but my guess is he would test and possibly return after going through the process. But I’m sure Coach knows more.

Yea I think Roach might be a while. I think he’s researching all his professional options and my guess (strictly a guess) is that he ends up returning. Just don’t see any options that provide him more money or exposure than Duke.
Good stuff thanks. I’m the case that he comes back to you think and incoming players go elsewhere? Or is this jumping too far ahead

As long as it means number six yes but not at the expense of no returning players in 2024
Roach potentially returning has surprised me. If everything follows suit, Flip returns, Roach returns, and we add someone like Holmes, look out! How long has it been since we've had these many players return or even had these conversations? I'm so damn excited right now. But, I'm with you; if it gets us 6, I can live with it as much as I hate to lose Blakes. We're so used to everyone leaving; this is such a refreshing change of pace.

Only at Duke can we be thrilled with only losing 2 guys to the draft. Even if you don't get #6 I would take captain Roach over 2 years of Blakes in a heartbeat. I'd love to keep both but I'm not sure that's possible. Trying to temper my expectations; we could still go 0 for 3 this week. If Flip comes back we will be a 1-2 seed for sure. If Flip returns, get the bench players back and close the barn door.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Only at Duke can we be thrilled with only losing 2 guys to the draft. Even if you don't get #6 I would take captain Roach over 2 years of Blakes in a heartbeat. I'd love to keep both but I'm not sure that's possible. Trying to temper my expectations; we could still go 0 for 3 this week. If Flip comes back we will be a 1-2 seed for sure. If Flip returns, get the bench players back and close the barn door.
I would add that only at Duke is the news that some freshmen are coming back for their sophomore seasons equates to being experienced.

And yes, a Hendrix song keeps running through my.mind. :)

A note on numbers. Should Lively opt for the NBA but Filipowski and Roach return, Duke would be at the scholarship limit of 13. A transfer could only come in should Duke have attrition elsewhere.

Let’s me and you go over to DBB and start a riot…..
Lol. The moment I clicked on the site back in the day I was turned off by not even being able to peak at the board, without making an account . Gave me a feeling of a segregated entitled enforced authority type of feel. Idk. Even after, who ever is captaining the ship has to approve of you joining before you can look….na.

Last edited:
Lol. The moment I clicked on the site back in the day I was turned off by not even being able to peak at the board, without making an account . Gave me a feeling of a segregated entitled enforced authority type of feel. Idk. Even after, who ever is captaining the ship has to approve of you joining before you can look….na.
That’s a great call. I’d love to know who their mods are. Wonder if DukieJay is one.

That’s a great call. I’d love to know who their mods are. Wonder if DukieJay is one.
Idk. But if I remember correctly a bunch of posters that’ share the same opinion about everything started it. How boring . I bet that’s why Adam Schefter from their board is venturing on over to our board jumping all over bleed for sharing their high confidentiality information idkk🤷‍♀️😂

A guy or two decommitting because of returning starters is a good problem to have. I'm not convinced Roach is coming back so it probably won't be an issue.

A guy or two decommitting because of returning starters is a good problem to have. I'm not convinced Roach is coming back so it probably won't be an issue.
I don’t think we have to worry about Foster leaving . I think he will have a big chip on his shoulder since being snubbed from both the McDonalds game and Jordan Brand game .

I don’t think we have to worry about Foster leaving . I think he will have a big chip on his shoulder since being snubbed from both the McDonalds game and Jordan Brand game .
I'm beginning to doubt Flip is returning. The mock drafts have been updated. The kid is a first round pick. I can see Roach returning with three starters gone. No reason too.

It's time for a different plan.

Reactions: christophero
Have we ever had a guy who is solidly in the first round return? We've had some second rounders return, but I can't think of anyone since Singler or Mason Plumlee. Flip back would be incredible, but I will believe it when I see it. Maybe he has a good NIL deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT