ADVERTISEMENT

Seeding predictions

FearTheBeard

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 28, 2010
Just for fun, post your predictions for the top 4 seeds in each region.

East
1. Nova
2. UNC
3. Michigan
4. West Virginia

South
1. UVA
2. Purdue
3. Tennessee
4. Texas Tech

Midwest
1. KU
2. Mich St
3. Cincinnati
4. Wichita St.

West
1. Xavier
2. Duke
3. Arizona
4. Gonzaga

Just had a thought. As far as "tough regions" go, do we as fans have a tendency to put more stock into a team's reputation? I know I do. I'd rather play Texas Tech than say, West Virginia, even though I haven't seen either team play this season. I think we are a 2 in the Midwest with Kansas.

Just for fun, post your predictions for the top 4 seeds in each region.

East
1. Nova
2. UNC
3. Michigan
4. West Virginia

South
1. UVA
2. Purdue
3. Tennessee
4. Texas Tech

Midwest
1. KU
2. Mich St
3. Cincinnati
4. Wichita St.

West
1. Xavier
2. Duke
3. Arizona
4. Gonzaga

We aren't going west. We will be the #2 2 seed so we will be closer to home

Reactions: christophero
Just had a thought. As far as "tough regions" go, do we as fans have a tendency to put more stock into a team's reputation? I know I do. I'd rather play Texas Tech than say, West Virginia, even though I haven't seen either team play this season. I think we are a 2 in the Midwest with Kansas.
I think so. For some reason I dread seeing Texas and Florida again

Cincinnati looks like a tough matchup for us. Or anyone. Lots of physical bigs, experienced guards. Wouldn't want to see them in our bracket.

We aren't going west. We will be the #2 2 seed so we will be closer to home
With the pod system a 2 seed is guaranteed the first weekend closer to home. They can get the 2 seed in the west, and still would play the first weekend in either Charlotte or Nashville.

MSU as a 3 seed makes no sense to me. They've been in the top 8 all year it seems. They only have 4 losses. Have they slumped that bad recently?

Reactions: Mac9192
MSU as a 3 seed makes no sense to me. They've been in the top 8 all year it seems. They only have 4 losses. Have they slumped that bad recently?
MSU - 4 losses, blew out UNC...3 seed.
UNC - 10 losses, got destroyed by MSU...2 seed.

This whole “quadrant wins” thing is stupid. MSU is getting killed because they don’t have a lot of Quadrant- 1 wins. It is due to their Big10 schedule, which yes was terrible. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to analyze that MSU should be a 1 or 2 seed...

You're not the only one it doesn't make sense to. Them, Duke and Arizona were preseason final 4 favorites. Most analysts still say that's very possible. Them as a possible 3 with 4 losses and Carolina as a 2 with 10 losses is asinine.

MSU should probably be a 1 seed or at worse a 2 seed imo. Their 4 losses: Michigan twice, Ohio State, and Duke. They lost to Michigan in their conference tournament and before that loss it was January 13. They've strung together 14 wins in a row and then 13 in a row after their January 13th loss. I know their conference is weak, but still they k ow how to win games.

MSU should probably be a 1 seed or at worse a 2 seed imo. Their 4 losses: Michigan twice, Ohio State, and Duke. They lost to Michigan in their conference tournament and before that loss it was January 13. They've strung together 14 wins in a row and then 13 in a row after their January 13th loss. I know their conference is weak, but still they k ow how to win games.

Big Ten being weak really hurt them

Another head scratcher for me is how the heck they think Oklahoma deserves to be in the tournament. Their last 18 games they are 6-12 and only won 2 games in a row during that stretch. I'd give ND a bid before the Sooners. I guess that's what happens when the media hypes up a player.

Another head scratcher for me is how the heck they think Oklahoma deserves to be in the tournament. Their last 18 games they are 6-12 and only won 2 games in a row during that stretch. I'd give ND a bid before the Sooners. I guess that's what happens when the media hypes up a player.
They will get in because Young will put on a show. Not saying it’s right but it is what it is

Young will boost attendance. And if he gets hot they could go on a run. 15 more minutes and the wait is over!

MSU - 4 losses, blew out UNC...3 seed.
UNC - 10 losses, got destroyed by MSU...2 seed.

This whole “quadrant wins” thing is stupid. MSU is getting killed because they don’t have a lot of Quadrant- 1 wins. It is due to their Big10 schedule, which yes was terrible. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to analyze that MSU should be a 1 or 2 seed...
If you want to play transitive property;”:

MSU lost to OSU, Mich twice, and Duke.

UNC handily best Mich and OSU and best Duke 2 out of 3.

Oklahoma in at all, let alone a 10 seed is ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT