ADVERTISEMENT

Proctor returning

This is huge in my opinion. By the end of the season I felt Proctor was playing like a junior. He was tougher and stronger and more assured with the ball. And he's a great defender. What a leader for next year's team.

If this bothers one of the incoming freshmen, then they need to get over themselves. There is no guarantee that a freshman rated around #20 or so is going to have a major impact, especially with the game trending older.

I have a good feeling about Mitchell returning which would give us another solid defender whose offensive game will hopefully improve.

I'm confident that Jon will figure out who should play inside for us once the Flip situation clears up and Jon decides what he thinks he can get out of Reeves next year. Jon has seen Reeves practice every day against Lively so he must have a pretty good idea how far away Reeves is from playing major minutes.

"this bothers one of the incoming freshmen, then they need to get over themselves. There is no guarantee that a freshman rated around #20 or so is going to have a major impact, especially with the game trending older."

You're right @Liftee. We've got to take those returnees, and let the chips fall where they may. I cannot wait to see Proctor with a year already under his belt. I will bet @christophero is firing up the hot dog grill, and popping a Coor's light!!! OFC

"this bothers one of the incoming freshmen, then they need to get over themselves. There is no guarantee that a freshman rated around #20 or so is going to have a major impact, especially with the game trending older."

You're right @Liftee. We've got to take those returnees, and let the chips fall where they may. I cannot wait to see Proctor with a year already under his belt. I will bet @christophero is firing up the hot dog grill, and popping a Coor's light!!! OFC
Already got his Tums on stand by to send to him.

Excellent. If this bothers any incoming freshman then they should go elsewhere. And do so immediately. Nobody got time for that.

Reactions: christophero
If this bothers one of the incoming freshmen, then they need to get over themselves. There is no guarantee that a freshman rated around #20 or so is going to have a major impact, especially with the game trending older.
the coaches and fans need to get over this too. There are no STUD FRESHMAN in the final 4. We need a good blend between young and old talent. Who cares if someone asks out if you get returning talent that GETS BETTER over the summer. Shoot a sophomore flip is better than almost everyone in next years class. Kid averaged a double double. His defense will improve

Where is all of this freshman decommiting stuff coming from? There has not been one whisper of any of that nonsense. But I get it, as Duke fans, having a 5 star freshman who started all season return for a sophomore season is like seeing a unicorn.

I think we should put all the decomitting stuff to bed for now. However if Roach were to return to school, than things could get very interesting…

Where is all of this freshman decommiting stuff coming from? There has not been one whisper of any of that nonsense. But I get it, as Duke fans, having a 5 star freshman who started all season return for a sophomore season is like seeing a unicorn.

I think we should put all the decomitting stuff to bed for now. However if Roach were to return to school, than things could get very interesting…
Just roll with it. This, and then the long posts with granular details of playing time per player next year…..

the coaches and fans need to get over this too. There are no STUD FRESHMAN in the final 4. We need a good blend between young and old talent. Who cares if someone asks out if you get returning talent that GETS BETTER over the summer. Shoot a sophomore flip is better than almost everyone in next years class. Kid averaged a double double. His defense will improve

Yep. I think 80% of fans get it. The good thing is Jon does too

I look forward to actually knowing who the hell most of our players are in the first scrimmage. Well at least half of them. This is exciting.

Reactions: KDSTONE
More important than any other player returning

I agree "NIL is a blessing". Competitive schools are able to persuade players on the fence with competitive funds.

If Roach comes back that is a crowded backcourt. I doubt we have that problem.
The decisions made this time of year really make a difference for next year. Nothing is guaranteed, but getting one or two or even 3 of these pieces back really increase our odds of a serious run next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
If Roach comes back that is a crowded backcourt. I doubt we have that problem.
The decisions made this time of year really make a difference for next year. Nothing is guaranteed, but getting one or two or even 3 of these pieces back really increase our odds of a serious run next year.
No way Duke will be able to compete with Gonzaga next year. The Zags are awesome. :eek:

Reactions: christophero
Shoot that easy . Life time supply of Jameson XL,lol.

Chris had made a joke about me saying Blakes wouldn’t transfer for those that might not have seen the thread and I was sticking to my guns on it but I just don’t see it should Roach return . I don’t think he’s scared of the competition that’s just a lot of guards .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT