ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions??? Duke-Va Tech

This has trap game written all over it. I hope I'm wrong, but I think we lose this one by 3.

I HOPE IM WRONG

It is harder to play a team the second game - at their house no less. However, I am confident Duke continues its roll.

This is a different Duke than lost to BC, NC State and St. Johns. I think Duke more than covers with a 10 pt game never in serious jeopardy after the first 10 minutes.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Tough to win on the road, over a good team, and when you always get everyone's best shot. But we are playing well right now. I think we squeak out the win.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Buzz Williams said his team was caught off guard with Duke playing zone the entire game. He said they've prepared for it. They are a great 3 point shooting team. They also rank 29th in offense, which is the best we've played against since beating them two weeks ago. And they're at home, where they actually just lost to Louisville. IIRC, this is their senior night

Reactions: hart2chesson
The line ONLY being at 5.5 has me worried, Vegas must know something. I would have guessed at least 7.5.

This has trap game written all over it, but I still think we pull this out. I actually think it will be nice for a team to challenge our zone, as weird as this sounds, it may be nice for a team to rain a bunch of 3's against us to better prepare for the tournament. We have been eating teams alive with our zone recently.

Duke 74
VT 68

The line ONLY being at 5.5 has me worried, Vegas must know something. I would have guessed at least 7.5.

This has trap game written all over it, but I still think we pull this out. I actually think it will be nice for a team to challenge our zone, as weird as this sounds, it may be nice for a team to rain a bunch of 3's against us to better prepare for the tournament. We have been eating teams alive with our zone recently.

Duke 74
VT 68

5.5 WITH Bagley back. Hmmmm

Tough team, tough venue (even though 4-4 at home in ACC), senior night, coming off loss at home, waiting for their 2nd crack at Duke, and for Duke...the game before our hated rival. Yeah, sounds like we've got our hands full. Don't think this game will be for the faint of heart. Hope we can generate a little better offense than we had against Cuse, and that our zone continues to improve. We got some deflections and steals with it against the Orange, and closed out well on 3 point shooters (for the most part). I think we'll get it done, but it won't be easy.

K-ville...you need to get on the ball buddy!:)

OFC

Last edited:
I think VTech could win this. Both VTech, NC State and Clemson are tough road places to win

Limit turnovers and close out on the shooters. Jack and Javin should get more time in this one in lieu of playing Bags/Carter too much together. I think we'd be better off against this team with a more mobile lineup without sacrificing rebounds. That means Gary needs to get his nose dirty on the boards tonight and be that 3 and D guy a la Matt Jones or Nate James.

Duke 82
Tech 76

Tough team, tough venue (even though 4-4 at home in ACC), senior night, coming off loss at home, waiting for their 2nd crack at Duke, and for Duke...the game before our hated rival. Yeah, sounds like we've got our hands full. Don't think this game will be for the faint of heart. Hope we can generate a little better offense than we had against Cuse, and that our zone continues to improve. We got some deflections and steals with it against the Orange, and closed out well on 3 point shooters (for the most part). I think we'll get it done, but it won't be easy.

K-ville...you need to get on the ball buddy!:)

OFC
I think he's in the bouncy house down at Disney.

Reactions: GillJET
I do not think we can shut their shooters down again like we did at Cameron and I question if VT will miss as many open looks. I think this is a trap game and VT wins as they go crazy from the 3 point line. VT 81 Duke 74

I agree with those who say Va Tech will make shots from 3. I disagree that Duke will lose. I think our defense will extend out and slow down if not stop the 3 while Duke's offense goes back to scoring at least 80 pts. Duke 81 Va Tech 78

Low lines always concern me.....they are usually low for a reason. Defense is playing better and I suspect Grayson shoots better (hopefully). Their place will be jumping.

Duke 77
Hokies 72

Yeah, we have actually gotten pretty good at extending the zone to contest shooters. Now, that has opened the inside, but honestly most teams don't have the ability to throw it in the middle and make a living vs our big boys

These jokie fans are annoying as hell so we HAVE to win tonight for my sake lol

They are already complaining about how the refs will screw them somehow....I just want to shut them up...Because last year's game was just awful up in BBurg

This would be a hell of a win against a good Tournament team if we can beat them at home. All bullshit aside, I think VT is a damn good team.

I'm afraid to guess. VT coming off a loss, and Duke looking to UNC has me worried. If we don't shoot better than we did Saturday then we definitely lose.

I really have no idea. Scary game. I've only been able to watch in bits and pieces the last two games, so I don't have the greatest feel. IMO, we're going to need Grayson to be his best. If he has a subpar night then I think the Hokies probably celebrate a senior night win.

Reactions: HonkeyT
I'm not too sure what to expect here. We have been playing great of late, and Bags coming back seamlessly obviously helps us. But we just played Saturday, it's on the road, and VT is the one team in the ACC that might expose our zone. I think it's a good test for us, now that we have proven we can be elite defensively.

There's no way we shoot as bad as we did against Cuse, hopefully Grayson and Gary can hit a few early to grow their confidence. Teams must be scared of our bigs. They are like the monstars out there from time to time. I think we spoil their senior night and win by double digits.

Duke - 81
VT - 66

These jokie fans are annoying as hell so we HAVE to win tonight for my sake lol

They are already complaining about how the refs will screw them somehow....I just want to shut them up...Because last year's game was just awful up in BBurg

Yep already hearing the same bud

Is this the official game day thread or should we give pecker head a little more time? OFC

Wait has there been official game day threads all year? Where? I haven’t seen any on this board and I miss these things! I feel so left out

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT