ADVERTISEMENT

Predicting the 2022 Roster

acc hoops

Cameron Crazy
Mar 24, 2004
Home for the afternoon and probably have too much time on my hands.
Would love to see a starting lineup next year of
Roach PG
Moore SG
Whitehead SF
Filipowski PF
Lively C
Bench. Baker [I know he probaly won’t return but if Moore’s does…]
Schutt
Blakes
Transfer portal. Get another Theo John type player [and another SF if Baker moves on]

I doubt Moore is back if he keeps this up. Moore and Keels are gone if they keep playing well.

I agree with Moore. He's having a breakout year and if he continues he should go. Whether or not he's ready we won't know till then but his stock won't be much higher than it is now if he continues playing the way he is.

The thing about Moore is his stock can get higher. He’s just now scratching his potential and showing glimpses of why they had him as a early first round pick his freshman year. I also think if he knows he’s a second round pick this year it will still be the same or better next year.

roach/Blake -pg
Moore sg
Whitehead Sg ( don’t even know if Baker gets an extra year thought that was only for the seniors that one year).
Flip
Lively
Two reclasses and some transfers.

Reactions: christophero
Just looking at it from the outside, I would say Moore goes and Keels stays. I see almost no evidence of Keels being a good shooter at this level despite everyone saying it. He has a great build but will not be able to drive at will in the NBA. Stick around, work on your shot, and go next year. Keels would be a monster next year. But he probably goes too due to his build and athleticism. AJ is a mystery. I imagine he goes, but his game needs to come around or he is going to drop like a stone in the draft. AJ could use another year too. He looks really, really far behind at this point. But with his talent he can come back in a hurry. Unless he is still dealing with injuries he appears to be in the doghouse. I think the pre Christmas games are very important to him. If he isn't ready to go in January that bench will tighten to 7. I agree that with him contributing we can become much better. Baker and Theo are nice bench guys, 4-5 ppg guys who give effort. But we could really use a scorer off the bench. My preference would be a senior Moore or Keels.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanInNJ
I believe Baker gets another year but he has indicated this is his last year. Hope he changes his mind

My crystal ball has a senior leader in Moore and a LOT of freshman. I think everyone else is gone including Keels, AJ and Joey. It will be a real test for Jon. You just can't argue that these highly ranked guys coming into CBB are "not ready" to declare, it just doesn't hold water. It seems these players have other visions. Many here have said it before, and I agree.....a lot of these guys have no interest in staying in college for more than 8 months whether they are "ready" for the NBA or not.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Moore isnt coming back and after tomorrow you can add Mitchell into your projection
Moore is the only one I can see returning and Mitchel doesn’t play the same position as Moore so I don’t see how he’s a factor with his decision. Moore would have effected Whitehead more.

Moore is the only one I can see returning and Mitchel doesn’t play the same position as Moore so I don’t see how he’s a factor with his decision. Moore would have effected Whitehead more.
What I’m saying is Wendell will leave. IMO he can’t boost his stock any higher coming back for a 4th year. That does not have anything to do with Mitchell commitment

AJ Griffin, and Moore return. KEELS leaves, Baker graduates. Mark Mitchell commits, and we do add a grad center/transfer center or 2.

Home for the afternoon and probably have too much time on my hands.
Would love to see a starting lineup next year of
Roach PG
Moore SG
Whitehead SF
Filipowski PF
Lively C
Bench. Baker [I know he probaly won’t return but if Moore’s does…]
Schutt
Blakes
Transfer portal. Get another Theo John type player [and another SF if Baker moves on]
That wouldn’t be good at all. The post would be thin, inexperienced and no depth at all.

Now that we have Mitchell. Roach, Blakes and the 5 recruits. Add a few transfers like Theo for experience.

What I’m saying is Wendell will leave. IMO he can’t boost his stock any higher coming back for a 4th year. That does not have anything to do with Mitchell commitment
Yes he can. He can show a consistent shot from three and the compatibility to be a combo two guard. Moore isn’t a small forward in the nba he is a sg period . Yes it does because Moore plays more at the sg spot then Sf . Sg is his natural position.

Now that we have Mitchell. Roach, Blakes and the 5 recruits. Add a few transfers like Theo for experience.
If Blake’s stays. If A 2023 reclassify I look for Blake’s to transfer. Duke only has one possible reclass committed and the other two could decide to stay in 2023. Nothing is solid in college basketball any more.

Duke isn’t winning number six unless they develop a bench and can stretch the defense that much is evident!

I'd like to see Blakes get some more PT, but if AJ gets more time I just don't see it. Hope the kid is patient. If he hasn't played in the big games he probably won't play much in ACC games. He does have a chance in Dec. to get some time.

Reactions: skysdad
Well, if some of the ACC teams are as weak as they appear to be, we should have a bunch of blowouts where Blakes can get some playing time.

I'd like to see Blakes get some more PT, but if AJ gets more time I just don't see it. Hope the kid is patient. If he hasn't played in the big games he probably won't play much in ACC games. He does have a chance in Dec. to get some time.

I'd love to see Blakes and Jones get more pt but like always they know the deal when they come to Duke. OFC

Roach,Moore(imo),AJ Griffin, Whitehead, Blakes, Lively, Flip, Mitchell, Jaden, the 3-5 walk-ons/earned scholarship players... I think Duke gets 2 bigs in the transfer portal also, because duke will be VERY limited in the beef/muscle department at the center position... and I just have a feeling that Moore will want that 4 year Duke/Grayson Allen senior home going year. Plus the leadership that him will bring to a VERY VERY YOUNG and new roster. I think Jon will lean heavy for it to happen. Would be great for that team.

Wish Theo had one more year but hopefully Duke can get an experienced C/PF player in portal to go with Flip,Lively and Mitchell up front. Blakes seems out of control in the few minutes of PT he has played. Hopefully the game will slow down for him and he will get 12-15 minutes of PT next year. Unless Moore returns I think Duke should sign one more combo guard from the portal .

Moore is the only one I see returning. Griffin isn’t coming back and I’d put twenty on it and I don’t even bet .
Yup AJ is still mid to late first round on mock drafts. He will probably creep back up if he continues to improve, and top 20 guys don't come back. Keels is a bit more of a question mark, but I'm not gonna hope that he shoots bad just so he comes back. Right now I'd guess late first round, early 2nd. Moore or Keels back is our best hope, maybe one in 3 chance each comes back? I'm hoping for one back. I'd put Moore around late first, early second round as well.

Last edited:
I just watched some video of Christian Reeves, the 7 footer we signed. Grain of salt and everything as it was a highlight video and summer league. But this kid looks like he can play. He's thin, but very bouncy and fairly skilled. he's not Lively, but he's not exactly a project. This kid can definitely help us down the road. He could end up being a 7 foot version of Goldwire, if that makes sense.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
I just watched some video of Christian Reeves, the 7 footer we signed. Grain of salt and everything as it was a highlight video and summer league. But this kid looks like he can play. He's thin, but very bouncy and fairly skilled. he's not Lively, but he's not exactly a project. This kid can definitely help us down the road. He could end up being a 7 foot version of Goldwire, if that makes sense.
Think it's a great pickup. He will redshirt and by the time hes a Junior- should give us good minutes. Plus, he's a Oak Hill kid and that's an elite HS program.

Rail thin is a good comparison. Once he adds weight and mass and works on his shot some more he will contribute.

He’s got a lot to work with as far as physical tools. A year with Amile and the strength & conditioning program and he could be a contributor

His build and bounce remind me a little bit of Jeter. No where near as highly rated. Although in hindsight Jeter probably should have been a 4 star. The redshirt year will do him good. And he can be used in case of injury.

Last edited:
His build and bounce remind me a little bit of Jeter. No where near as highly rated. Although in hindsight Jeter probably should have been a 4 star. The redshirt year will do him good. And he can be used in case of injury.
I have completely forgot about Jeter. What ever happened to him? OFC

Jeter went to Arizona. He started his senior year and was averaging around 10 a game when he re injured his back.

Reactions: skysdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT