ADVERTISEMENT

Poster ages

44. Fan since 85. Being a Duke fan has been one of the best rides of my life. Hopefully I got 44 more left in the tank and hope they are as good as the last part of my life.

The first time I ever cried tears of joy was when Laettner hit the shot, I was 18 and a senior in high school. The next was when my child was born 12 years ago. That is two pretty special moments to cry tears of joy :)

Typing the extra three letters would cause my rhuematis to kick in

Yeah, that's a little like being a ball player and getting all that extra wear and tear by being in the playoffs every year. I might have to cut back on my minutes.

OFC

Reactions: skysdad
33 my Dad worked at the Airport for rdu and was a Duke fan forever so the Hurley days for me. It was awesome when I got the Michael Jordan and James Worthy autographs honestly. But I was to young to care what teams they played for in college. I like to say the golden years of the NBA. Great times being a Duke fan. I have been spoiled with the greatest college program probably in history because of the greatest coach. Go Duke. Average of an hour spent researching Duke everyday even the off-season probably kicks to 10 hours while they are playing. Lol. Watch all wins twice. Guilty of only watching the loses once.

41. Or 42, I am honestly blanking. Okay, I think 42. First recognition of Duke wasn't basketball... when I was about 13 or so my moms best friend decided I should go to Duke. I said "Sure." Became aware of the basketball team shortly thereafter.

I'm 32, but I read like I'm 34. First game I remember watching was Michigan in December 1993. I was fan of the fab 5, so I was actually displeased when Duke defeated the Wolverines (I've repented since then).

I found myself rooting for Duke later on that season, in the 1994 NCAA Tournament (mostly because I was desperate to find a team that could take down Arkansas).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT