ADVERTISEMENT

Positionless basketball and..

1156jack

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Jun 25, 2003
Chet Holmgren, a 7 footer who reportedly can play guard. I looked at Holmgren's college suitors and Duke is not on the list. Coach K has long championed position less basketball, something you would think would be of mutual interest.

What gives?

Last edited:
Reactions: christophero
Chet Holmgren, a 7 footer who reportedly can play guard. I looked at Holmgren's college suitors and Duke is not on the list. Coach K has long championed position less basketball, something you would think would be of mutual interest.

What gives?

Think during the exploration Phase early on it was established there wasn’t interest.

I'm not sure but I read somewhere that he just wasn't interested in us so it never really got off the ground.

Don't know the extent to which it's true.

Reactions: timo0402
This kid is so skinny he makes Mark Williams look like Shaq. I know he's good; but I'd rather have a soph. Williams. And as hard as it is to believe, some people don't like Duke. :) He never even had us on his list. That said he looks very long and very skilled.

Last edited:
Positionless Basketball sounds good until the deficits are clearly exposed.

Isn’t he unsure about college ? I think there was an article where he’s interested in the gleague .

I have been pretty vocal against us stockpling one and dones but after watching this video a frontcourt of Williams, Chet and Banchero would be unbeatable ha. Not gonna happen though, nor should we try. If Williams leaves we will need a big but he will probably stay. Still if just Hurt leaves and Keels comes we're set.

Last edited:
Reactions: youngman42
Wow he has a smooth game but if he plays against adults in the G League he will get manhandled underneath. Maybe that's what he wants/needs.

I see him spending 6 months at Gonzaga.

Reactions: christophero
If Chet goes to Gonzaga they will be scary good. They lead but he may go to the G league. Kid is skinny but plays like Durant. And he's played well against other elite bigs this year. he looks like a guy who could average 20 a game. his crazy length probably makes up for his lack of weight. He looks more like a 4 and can shoot the 3. Small sample size but he does not seem to shy away from contact.

Last edited:
I was skeptical due to his weight (def. a weakness) but the more video I watch the more impressed I am. He's now the number one recruit and projected number one pick next year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT