ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Tape

I hope so. I hope he makes me eat 10lbs of crow

There's nothing wrong with setting minimal expectations for the guy. I'm not sure any of us expect him to become a double-double guy. On paper, he fills a need. If he's able to become something of a Marshall Plumlee guy in 2015, then this was a very nice get. At minimum, he gives us size and depth at a position many of us were questioning.

There's nothing wrong with setting minimal expectations for the guy. I'm not sure any of us expect him to become a double-double guy. On paper, he fills a need. If he's able to become something of a Marshall Plumlee guy in 2015, then this was a very nice get. At minimum, he gives us size and depth at a position many of us were questioning.

He adds another true center that is much needed. I love this move, however, I don't expect him to produce huge numbers.

New poster here , long time reader decided to get an account today. Been a Duke fan since I was 10 and I am 40 now , first became a fan when Duke lost to UNLV in the tittle game in 1990, been a die hard ever since
After watching film on Patrick Tape , I am more excited for him than what I originally thought , I am optimistic that he can be more than just a role player next year and really contribute quality minutes.
Any way just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to the board , have always enjoyed reading.

Btw, I’m seeing on Columbia’s site, that it’s Patrick Tapé. Does anyone know if that’s right?

Regardless, I think you guys should tapér your expectations.
giphy.gif

Reactions: dbav and Hurley22
Btw, I’m seeing on Columbia’s site, that it’s Patrick Tapé. Does anyone know if that’s right?

Regardless, I think you guys should tapér your expectations.
giphy.gif
It’s pronounce tuh-pay

New poster here , long time reader decided to get an account today. Been a Duke fan since I was 10 and I am 40 now , first became a fan when Duke lost to UNLV in the tittle game in 1990, been a die hard ever since
After watching film on Patrick Tape , I am more excited for him than what I originally thought , I am optimistic that he can be more than just a role player next year and really contribute quality minutes.
Any way just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to the board , have always enjoyed reading.

Welcome to the board and have fun. OFC

Welcome aboard

Kid could be talented enough to start from day 1...K likes experience and Mark will probably start eventually but I wouldn’t be surprised if both have their fair shares of Starts at C this season. Good get by the staff!

An average veteran center on a team that otherwise would have to rely on 2 freshman rated outside the top 30 is probably a huge get.

ummm don’t have access to read, but what’s going on
I don't have access either, there is NOTHING else on twitter that goes into detail about this.
Could he have second thoughts if he knows Hurt is coming back??
Apparently there is a rumor that the NCAA is gonna allow any athlete to transfer (grad or not) and not have to sit out a year, it just hasn't been announced what year that goes into effect, maybe that has something to do with this??

Reactions: Laettner15
I don't have access either, there is NOTHING else on twitter that goes into detail about this.
Could he have second thoughts if he knows Hurt is coming back??
Apparently there is a rumor that the NCAA is gonna allow any athlete to transfer (grad or not) and not have to sit out a year, it just hasn't been announced what year that goes into effect, maybe that has something to do with this??

No no exactly.. not trying to be a fire starter and it could be nothing.. just think from the title it’s interesting to read and there has to be a reason why.. he would get minutes here unless something is happening behind the scenes

Athletic reporting academic issue that he didn’t know duke didn’t have his major or something. Still listed as committed they said.

Lots of questions...
Hurt coming back?... possibly
Carey coming back? ... doubtful
Coleman & Williams are adequate at the 5? ... maybe

One answer... Tape' won't be at Duke

It would be great if Kuminga would come to Duke, but there are no insiders that feel that Duke is even a player right now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT