ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Tape

Anyone have some tape on him?

i’ll see myself out

I googled him saw some tape. Looks pretty agile and has some bulk. Mostly dunks but agressive dunks. Did step out and hit a mid range jumper with good form. Didn't seem to mind contact but once again it's not the ACC but he's 21 and probably a very heady player. Better off with him than without him . Right now I think he's a positive. Sorry I don't have the skills to post it here. Worst thing I saw is the color of his Columbia uniform but I can't hold that against him.

Last edited:
All right! A new person to bash now that Javin is gone! Hope he averages 15pts 11 rebounds and 3 blocks a game or bless his heart!

I kid of course.
I’m excited we landed another big but honestly he fouls a lot like Javin. Hopefully he gets that under control. I will be thrilled if we just get a little bit more out of him than we did Javin. But yeah I’m not setting my expectations too high. He did just take a year off so he may have improved his game a lot. I’m not sure what to expect.

Playing in the Ivy League and averaging 11 points and 6 rebounds doesn’t sound that impressive to me. We will see. I’m not knocking him but those Ivy League stats will be cut in half in the ACC in my opinion

Reactions: germantondevil
Playing in the Ivy League and averaging 11 points and 6 rebounds doesn’t sound that impressive to me. We will see. I’m not knocking him but those Ivy League stats will be cut in half in the ACC in my opinion
For sure. Unless he improved a lot during this past season that he took off.

Reactions: DukefanKY
Tape gives us much needed depth. Sure, he’s not going to average a ton of points , but he’s a big body who can give Mark Williams a breather.

Last edited:
Huge get. Fills a much needed void and also should help provide some veteran experience for our young bulls.

We only need Tape to be Marshall Plumlee circa 2015. Give us 10-15 quality minutes of being big, setting hard screens, and playing physical.

I think Williams, Tape, and Coleman will get the job done. If Hurt comes back, he can play the 4 and 5 as well. If Duke returns Moore and Hurt, this will be a dangerous team come March. By chance, Stanley returns, Duke is a top 3 team.

I see what you are saying, I am hoping that him being older will make a difference. He should be physically mature and hopefully that with his experience will calculate into a solid player in the paint. We need it.

There is a youtube video of Tape, I know they only show his best plays, but he seems to have really good hands and reacts very nicely around the basket. He appears to be a very heady player in the paint and uses both hands well. We will see. I'm excited about his potential.

We are not asking for 18ppg and 12rpg . We just need him to be able to be solid in his role. OFC

Kind of reminds me of Robinson with his body type. If he's willing to work hard I think he can be a great asset next season.

Reactions: skysdad
K has had a great record of bringing in transfers. That being said, I don’t think they are expecting him to be a star. Just what all of us ever wants from role players. A guy who plays hard, plays defense, and plays his role well.

K has had a great record of bringing in transfers. That being said, I don’t think they are expecting him to be a star. Just what all of us ever wants from role players. A guy who plays hard, plays defense, and plays his role well.

He's exactly what Duke needs, an experienced Center who's going to battle in the trenches and provides depth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT