ADVERTISEMENT

Other games

I say UNC has at least one or two more losses before they face us @UNC. I gotta believe if they lose two before facing us, if we beat them at their place we knock them out of the tourney for certain barring an epic run by them in the ACC tourney. I know I’m speculating a lot and we should be taking care of our own path but that would be pretty cool to take them down and out.

His MO seems to be to go on a board after a big loss and say the coach is bad.
That is one reason that I think that he is actually a kittycat fan. Cal bashing has become a tradition on RR. Projection is real with quite a few folks. I hope their mod lets him stay over there and stir the pot.

He said Dean Smith would roll over in his grave if he new Hubert was coaching like this
Just how talented this roster actually is can be debated but whose roster in the country would you rather have? They may hit rock bottom next yr

Reactions: pisgah101
Yea, I would project them as having a losing record next year. It's going to get very hot over there. I am assuming some of their current players move on, of course.

Maybe so but they are once again going to have everyone back except black. OFC

Reactions: 9dukejames
I am not sure skysdad. I think that an argument could be made either way. Both the Cheats and Duke are going to have an interesting May.

Reactions: skysdad
Where else are they gonna go and make the kind of money they are making now from the NIL. Not the NBA for sure. Not the G-league. Not over seas. Does davis and love get a covid year? If so they will be back for two more years. Now they may all transfer to Elon, UNCG, UNCW, UNCA or evrn a small division school but there goes the NIL. OFC

Reactions: Devilinside
Those guards are gone. They hate each other. the space alien in the paint might come back because he’ll make more money at Carolina then anywhere else but they should struggle mightily next year with little to no talent coming in

Reactions: KDSTONE
Those guards are gone. They hate each other. the space alien in the paint might come back because he’ll make more money at Carolina then anywhere else but they should struggle mightily next year with little to no talent coming in
True. This nil stuff baffles me I mean if you’ve got a car dealership and you want to drum up some traffic pay em to hang out for a while I get that but some of these deals seem questionable to me just from a business standpoint

Reactions: pisgah101
Thoughts on chapel hill college.

1. There was literally zero carryover in quality from their runner up team that got hot down the stretch to the pre-season #1 team that returned four starters. Nada. Nothing. It’s as if they lost their entire starting 5 from 2021/2022.

2. Brady Manek was incredibly good and he was the matchup problem for opponents because of his height/shooting. You couldn’t dare focus more on Bacot and relax off him.

3. Back to point #1, it’s still surprising that they are this bad. As Duke fans we have plenty of our own examples where a successful team returns a lot of starters and yet that team not live up to what people thought. 1978/79 pre-season #1 Duke hot off their ACC Championship and NCAA Runner-Up. 1984/1985 Duke. 1984 was the breakout year for Dawkins and Co. so 1985 was expected to be even better and it was good but not great. Great would come the following year. 1992/1993 Duke, pre-season top 5 with Hill, Hill, Hurley, Lang and Parks. (Injuries though really damaged that team but you can’t lose a player like Laettner and be exactly the same). 2001-2002 Duke, pre-season #1. You certainly can’t lose a player like Battier and Be exactly the same.

Just a few examples, but what do they not have in common with Carolina? They all had good seasons and made the NCAA’s despite not meeting the expectation. 1979 won the regular season and finished 22-8. (First round loss on the infamous “Black Sunday” as it’s been described for decades. Unc and Duke both lost in the first round of the NCAA’s playing in NC). 1985 finished 23-8. (L 2nd round of NCAA’s) 1993 won the Maui invitational and finished 24-8. (Rd of 32) 2002 won the Maui Invitational and the ACC Championship and went 31-4. (Sweet 16)

Like I said it’s as if Carolina lost all their starters last year. Nothing good has come for them in returning four starters. I won’t bury them just yet but the undertaker is about finished with the grave. It’s now or never for them and it doesn’t get any easier. I think State, (even though they bend over every time they see a Carolina jersey) will be ready for them in Raleigh, Duke has already proven they can beat them and Duke usually plays well in Chapel Hill. The Heels host UVA (eek) that leaves the two easiest games remaining on their schedule being both on the road. @ ND and FSU

Last edited:
Reactions: KDSTONE
Based on unc’s class next year they must have a good idea that some are coming back. They’ll definitely hit the portal too

Thoughts on chapel hill college.

1. There was literally zero carryover in quality from their runner up team that got hot down the stretch to the pre-season #1 team that returned four starters. Nada. Nothing. It’s as if they lost their entire starting 5 from 2021/2022.

2. Brady Manek was incredibly good and he was the matchup problem for opponents because of his height/shooting. You couldn’t dare focus more on Bacot and relax off him.

3. Back to point #1, it’s still surprising that they are this bad. As Duke fans we have plenty of our own examples where a successful team returns a lot of starters and yet that team not live up to what people thought. 1978/79 pre-season #1 Duke hot off their ACC Championship and NCAA Runner-Up. 1984/1985 Duke. 1984 was the breakout year for Dawkins and Co. so 1985 was expected to be even better and it was good but not great. Great would come the following year. 1992/1993 Duke, pre-season top 5 with Hill, Hill, Hurley, Lang and Parks. (Injuries though really damaged that team but you can’t lose a player like Laettner and be exactly the same). 2001-2002 Duke, pre-season #1. You certainly can’t lose a player like Battier and Be exactly the same.

Just a few examples, but what do they not have in common with Carolina? They all had good seasons and made the NCAA’s despite not meeting the expectation. 1979 won the regular season and finished 22-8. (First round loss on the infamous “Black Sunday” as it’s been described for decades. Unc and Duke both lost in the first round of the NCAA’s playing in NC). 1985 finished 23-8. (L 2nd round of NCAA’s) 1993 won the Maui invitational and finished 24-8. (Rd of 32) 2002 won the Maui Invitational and the ACC Championship and went 31-4. (Sweet 16)

Like I said it’s as if Carolina lost all their starters last year. Nothing good has come for them in returning four starters. I won’t bury them just yet but the undertaker is about finished with the grave. It’s now or never for them and it doesn’t get any easier. I think State, (even though they bend over every time they see a Carolina jersey) will be ready for them in Raleigh, Duke has already proven they can beat them and Duke usually plays well in Chapel Hill. The Heels host UVA (eek) that leaves the two easiest games remaining on their schedule being both on the road. @ ND and FSU
That 93 team lost Brian Davis as well so I’m not sure I’d put them in there with 02 and 79

They come with subliminal "stay in school 4 years" messages for Duke players.
Another advantage "my refs don't tire." (That is a really obscure reference)

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
#12 Kansas State lost to an Oklahoma team tonight that was 2-10 in league play going into the game.

Interesting seeing Lunardi’s take on the three Blue Blood schools (chapel hill, Duke and UK) on where they are right now on their post-season outlook. He has UK out as they have no quad 1 wins and have a quad 4 loss. He has Duke an 8 seed and thinks maybe with the ACC Tournament they could achieve a 6 or 7. That Virginia debacle was an even bigger sting given the resume booster it would have been. He kind of talks out of both sides of his mouth on curlina. On one hand he suggests they’re out but then sort of reels it back a bit.

Last edited:
#12 Kansas State lost to an Oklahoma team tonight that was 2-10 in league play going into the game.

Interesting seeing Lunardi’s take on the three Blue Blood schools (chapel hill, Duke and UK) on where they are right now on their post-season outlook. He has UK out as they have no quad 1 wins and have a quad 4 loss. He has Duke an 8 seed and thinks maybe with the ACC Tournament they could achieve a 6 or 7. That Virginia debacle was an even bigger sting given the resume booster it would have been. He kind of talks out of both sides of his mouth on curlina. On one hand he suggests they’re out but then sort of reels it back a bit.
This is why I will take an ugly win over an ugly loss any day of the week.

Louisville played their best game of the year and took UVA to the limit. Winning games in this conference on the road are challenging. I don't care what the other team's record is. UVA is a team that could get to a FF. So Louisville could have easily rolled over, but they made a great effort tonight.

Reactions: christophero
I don't think any of our remaining games are gimmes. Saturday concerns me Syracuse is on a bit of a roll. And other than Virginia and GT we have been a hot mess on the road. Time to take a step forward.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I peeked at the Syracuse board and they seem to think they can win. The game is not yet a sellout, but could be by gametime. Attendance definitely down since the K years. Estiminated crowd of 25K. A definite vibe that we are down this year, decent but not that good. I think Coach K was a big box office draw.

Last edited:
At this point, all that I want is for Duke to make the tournament and for the Cheats and the Kittycats to stay at home. I don't think that is too much to ask for. I would be more than happy for even a sweet 16 given the injuries and strange ref calls that Duke has suffered this year. They still need to win a few more games to be comfortable.

I see your point. It is a game we are supposed to win, and if we lose that we will have lost 3 out of our last 4. I predict the spread will be about even. We'd be favored if was a home game. Syracuse is certainly better than Notre Dame.
Kentucky can probably punch their ticket if they beat Tennessee Saturday. Kansas can get back in the 1 seed discussion if they beat Baylor.

Last edited:
Reactions: hart2chesson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT