ADVERTISEMENT

Other ACC Basketball 2018-19

I know it’s not ACC, but is RR in full meltdown?

5WJb2CE.jpg

Reactions: SoCal_Dukie3
Not saying Clemson wins, but as good as the Holes have been playing, they’re only a 4 point favorite.
I know QC doesn’t like Clemson, but I’m sure he’s pulling for them here in a minute.

Reactions: PixelDevil
Big Fluke Maye MIA. Waiting for his teammates to feed him wide open under the basket not working. Forced to create his own shots today.

Got-dam, UNC has shooters. I can tell them, from brutal personal experience, that their team's season will end short of the elite 8 at the hands of some midmajor that can shoot and score all over the court on a night when the jumpers won't fall for UNC, but UNC can absolutely make shots.

Them Duke boys were making shots today.

Yup. But UNC has made jumpers consistently all year long. Their offense is very good. Their D isn't, but too many teams can't exploit their D enough to beat them. You can't lose contact with UNC. If they get up 7-8 with under 5, they are tough to beat.
Their season will end much like the game vs UL did, when the other team buries UNC early on a night when UNC's O isn't hitting. UNC has the offense to come back on anyone, but when they get down by 10ish, their D gets disinterested and they are done.

With the high salaries these coaches make, you would think they could call a timeout and set up something. Instead they just let them play and end up forcing a crap shot on a 1 vs 2 play.

Reactions: PixelDevil
With the high salaries these coaches make, you would think they could call a timeout and set up something. Instead they just let them play and end up forcing a crap shot on a 1 vs 2 play.
I don't freaking understand that at all. If you have some transcendent player, then sure, let him play it out. But they should call a timeout so something like, dribbling into two players with nothing but a prayer, doesn't happen.

I would foul Salt every time he went up to shoot. His FT shooting ranks up there with Shaq.

Virginia was outstanding tonight. This is the best team they’ve ever had under Bennett.
They tied the school record with 18 made 3’a tonight. I thought they were going to set a new record until they played stall ball for the last 3-4 minutes of the game.

Jay and Seth on the UNC train full bore.

They made a good point pre-game. Duke is a bad matchup for UVA in Duke's favor. Tre's on ball defense disrupts the UVA game plan which is to put the ball into the hand of a singular ball handler and let that guy run the entire O. Tre disrupts that. Further, UVA wants to encourage "hero" ball, in the assumption that the other team can't score enough points to win that way. Zion and RJ can effectively beat UVA playing Hero ball.
Conversely, UVA likes seeing UNC. UVA's shooting, and methodical O, limits UNC's leakouts and breaks. UNC has shooters, but UVA has a couple of guys that can make UNC's best players live's miserable.
More conversely, UNC isn't a great match for Duke, from Duke's POV. UNC uses decentralized ball handling and team running, which limits Tre's effectiveness. UNC can spread out Duke's D by going small, which basically makes K sub in an offensively limited player, while limiting Duke's rebounding, which just lets UNC run out on the break even more. Obviously, Zion changes our D, but UNC matches up as well vs Duke as anybody outside of the Zags.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT