ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Masters

dukiejay

Mar 2, 2005
Minneapolis
I know a lot of people always call the three weeks of the NCAAT the best three weeks in sports, and while I'm with them, I've always stretched it out to four weeks so that The Master is included.

My office is playing The Masters App on my iPad, Surface and iPhone right now. I can't get enough.

It looks like Spieth is off to another hot start with two birdies in four holes today. He now has a five-shot lead. Can anybody beat him this weekend? I thought Day would have a chance and maybe still does....but his disastrous triple on 16 yesterday --- piggybacked by two bogeys --- essentially took away a great 14-hole start to his tournament.

Someone will pop up tomorrow, but Speith looks real good right now. Day was within one yesterday and really messed up that hole.

Quick question.. Why do some threads start with "OT:" like this one? My best guess is "Off Topic"??

Yes, OT = Off Topic

Speith doubled 5. Birdied 8 in what appears to be a rough day at Augusta. 5 stroke lead still though.

Reactions: LetsGoDukies
Quick question about Speith. I am not sure of his world ranking and too lazy to look it up but do you feel he is the best player in golf currently?
I know I enjoyed watching him last year but always wonder how long a player with a hot game will last. It appears he is in for the long haul with greatness.

Huge day today. Can't wait for Rory and Jordan to be paired together. Hope the same happens tomorrow and that Jason Day is in the second to last group.

Gotta be honest I can't sit and watch golf because it is almost as boring to me as watching soccer...all i do care about in golf is Tiger failing.....not because i'm a fan of any other golfer but tiger is a low-life piece of garbage scumbag as a human being

The Masters is so awesome. What a beautiful golf course. I don't play golf anymore but I am a fan. Watching the Masters gives me a thrill. I also enjoy the triple crown of horse racing even though I don't no diddly squat about it. It is just exciting. Another thing that I like is The Daytona 500. Not a big fan of NASCAR but know enough to know who the great drivers were and are Have to admit I have never watched a race from start to finish but always try to catch the end. And now Spieth seems to be taking command. Going to be hard to catch tomorrow. OFC

The winds are suppose to lay down tomorrow so it could be a shoot out. The two double bogeys on the back nine by Spieth kept a lot of players in the mix. Dustin Johnson would be in the lead if he could make a putt.

Last edited:
Gotta be honest I can't sit and watch golf because it is almost as boring to me as watching soccer...all i do care about in golf is Tiger failing.....not because i'm a fan of any other golfer but tiger is a low-life piece of garbage scumbag as a human being
I wouldn't watch golf while woods was playing. Now that he is no longer relevant, I'll watch the majors.

OFC

The winds are suppose to lay down tomorrow so it could be a shoot out. The two double bogeys on the back nine by Spieth kept a lot of players in the mix. Dustin Johnson would be in the lead if he could make a put.

Yeah, tomorrow should be fun. Spieth kind of let some guys hang around and now he'll have his hands full. I still think he wins, though.

But as you said....if only Dustin could make a putt. And McIlroy had some opportunities today too but just couldn't get one to drop. His first round in a major without a birdie since 2010. That's a long time.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Yeah, tomorrow should be fun. Spieth kind of let some guys hang around and now he'll have his hands full. I still think he wins, though.

But as you said....if only Dustin could make a putt. And McIlroy had some opportunities today too but just couldn't get one to drop. His first round in a major without a birdie since 2010. That's a long time.

Looking forward to tomorrow.
I think Spieth wins also because he is unreal with the putter

If you get a chance to go....DON'T PASS IT UP! I went Thursday for the first time and Augusta National exceeded all expectations....truly one of the most beautiful places on earth!!!

Reactions: youngman42
I hope Spieth can come back. It's hard to see a melt down like this. OFC

i am a huge Speith fan. Hard to believe he let #12 bite him like that. the kid is amazing though.

in 3 masters starts he has finished what 2nd, 1st and 2nd.

Also finished 1 or 2 in last 5 majors.

i have to believe he fixes this and becomes better.

i am a huge Speith fan. Hard to believe he let #12 bite him like that. the kid is amazing though.

in 3 masters starts he has finished what 2nd, 1st and 2nd.

Also finished 1 or 2 in last 5 majors.

i have to believe he fixes this and becomes better.
I would like to borrow that putting stroke for about a month. Make some spending money

Spieth will rebound without a hitch. It may not be next week or the next but he is the net big thing. I like this next generation of golfers. OFC

Killer loss for Jordan. Haunting. He is the best long putter of this era - maybe all-time, if he keeps it up. Really hoping he bounces back mentally. Would love to see him win a major this year to ease that loss - or see him cranking on all gears next year and win the Masters. That would be a fantastic comeback!

But, he needs to work on his game. Particularly his swing. Kermit Zarley (former PGA Tour player and now a teacher), noted his swing has flaws that cause a number of block rights - on Saturday, before Sunday's meltdown on the back nine - and that's been his achilles. His swing has a number of good elements to it but he needs to adjust to get it to hold up better. He can get away with some bad swings b/c he putts so well and for the most part his game is solid. But, there were some clear breakdowns throughout the week, actually, and all very similar to the swings on 10, 11, and 12 (like 18 on Saturday).

no doubt his miss is a block or a 'wipe" to the right. but i love his swing. very different from the traditional pga tour pro stock swing.

if i had finished 1 or 2 in the last 5 majors - i wouldn't be changing a whole lot....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT