ADVERTISEMENT

OT- Story

LetsGoDuke301

Cameron Crazy
Apr 4, 2009
Wilmington, NC
So on April 15th two young women leave their house to go to the store. They don't return home. All of their essential belongings are still at home. Their roommate doesn't report them missing. After not hearing from her, one of the girl's family starts to worry and after finding out from the roommate that she and her fiance had gone to the store and didn't come home, they contacted the police department.

So after weeks of not getting any leads on these girls' location or their wellbeing, there were lots of different speculations about what happened to them. Including them being victims of a hate crime due to them being gay. Did they just run away? Why did they leave their phones behind? No bank account activity? There was no reason for them to want to leave according to everyone around them. The FBI was involved and it sadly became apparent that something sinister had happened to these women.

Fast forward to this past Monday. Local news reports an active investigation in the woods off of River Road. It later gets leaked to the press that two bodies were found at that location. Anyone familiar with River Road in southern New Hanover county over the years knows that it has been a place where finding bodies was not terribly uncommon. A few well known stories in the national media of girls going missing from bars have tragically ended with their remains being found in the woods off of River Road. This is not as common nowadays due to rapid development. But anyways, hard not to imagine the two alleged bodies being that of these women. And hard not to imagine a terrible thing happening to them at the hands of a vicious killer. We later find out that the bodies were found in a Dodge Dart. Belonging to one of the missing girls. So it became very hard not to assume that these were indeed the two women who were missing.

Rewind to April 15th. The night the two women were last seen as they left to go to the store. Just before midnight while traveling down River Road a driver witnessed a car traveling very fast and out of control going in the opposite direction when they noticed in their rearview mirror that the car had appeared to crash into the woods. This witness called 911 and reported it. Fire and rescue, EMT as well as Wilmington PD responded to the scene and determined that there had not been an accident and left.

So as it turns out, there was nothing sinister, they did not skip town and they were not victims of a hate crime. They were involved in a single car accident. We will never know if they were alive after contact, or DOA. Could they have been alive stuck in their car for hours, days and could have been saved if the officers hadn't decided to assume there was no accident because in the dark of night they didn't see evidence of one? Just a terrible thing to think about. These girls deserved better IMO. But hindsight is a bitch, as they say.

Here are the girls BTW. Very pretty.
ey-Jpd-SI6-Ij-Y3-Mj-M3-NTU5-Mz-I1-Nzkw-Yj-Y0-ZTM4-Y2-Vl-MWQ0-Nz-Q0-OTdh-ZDE5-ZGEw-Yz-Rl-MWY1-NDVm-NWNh-MTdl-OTJi-ODI1-Mj-My-MDci-LCJ3.jpg

that is sad.
Read the story but in the one I read the vehicle was parked in the woods and the bodies had been there awhile. Also the thing that clues them on on the two women was the vehicle was registered to one of them.

The question will remain did the person who called 911 stand by and wait for police officers if they crashed to help officers identify where the vehicle went in at?

I’m not familiar with that road but is it grown up of weeds or dense forestry? If so a path of a vehicle would be easy to see considering the pushing down or brush if no impact on the vehicle that leave one to wonder foul play.

Like I said, just in the article I read it said nothing about the vehicle being wrecked rather parked and a civilian saw the decaying bodies and notified police.

That’s where the question of the wreck comes in, if no head on collision with anything, no signs of a vehicle flipping leaving parts everywhere and one would think if it ran off the road an impact would be seen until the lights went out of the vehicle. If none of those occurred or an entry point leaving the road and no off road entry point kinda hard to determine a wreck.

Reactions: christophero
The article you read was prematurely written and misleading, as are a lot of articles today. This area where the car was found is off the road in a completely wooded space. There is no driving or parking a car there. And though it is not documented to this point, I can tell you that it was not a civilian who found the car. The bodies had been there a while. From April 15th to May 4th.

I don't believe that the people who called 911 were there when the first responders arrived. That certainly would have helped, though. But my biggest issue is that they didn't take it serious enough. They showed up, looked around and left. One of two things could have (should have) happened. The night of, they could have dispatched the helicopter with infrared cameras. This would have been the best way to potentially save their lives. Or, at the very least, send a secondary search team at the first light of day. We will never know if either would have saved their lives, but we know that them leaving without further investigation may have cost them their lives. It is a sad thing any way you cut it.

Anyways, here is the latest article. Our local media does a piss poor job of informing the public, but portcitydaily.com is a pretty decent source.

https://portcitydaily.com/local-new...ocity-crash-the-night-of-their-disappearance/

Reactions: christophero
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT