ADVERTISEMENT

OT Prayers needed once again for the wife and I.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
I know we lost a tough game tonight and did it in a bad way but I'm asking for prayers once again for my wife. We put her 99 year old mother in the Hospice Home today. We cannot take care of her anymore. She hasn't eaten since Sat. and yesterday only took a sip of water that she didn't swallow. Please pray for my wife Debbie that she will have the strength to let her mother go. Please pray for me that I will be strong for my wife during these last days and those that will follow as she will surely miss her. Please pray for my son DukeSky85 who spent about 14 years of his life with his grandmother as she lived with us for many years. He lives across the country and hasn't been home for a while so I know he needs your prayers and if for some reason you don't pray just wish our family well. Yes we lost tonight but I take it in stride knowing that it's just a basketball game we have lost. Many, many more important things in life. Believe me when I say this. I love all of you even though I have only met just a handful of you in person. Talking Duke basketball and football with a few of you certainly has been a stress release for me. Thanks for 10 plus years of Duke fan support that I did not have before joining. As my dear late friend Tommy Spoon always said. " Every things gonna be alright. " Skysdad. OFC

I'm new to this board and have ruffled feathers but I am a good person. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....touching post, definitely puts things in perspective. Go Duke!

Prayers sent to you and the family Sky! I know I haven't been on the board very long but i do know that even though everyone doesn't agree all the time this board truly feels like a family and community... we are all here for you and you son sky!

Reactions: skysdad
Prayers sent. Hope you all find the strength and comfort you need. It's always tough losing someone no matter their age. May the Lord bless you and your family Sky.

I know we lost a tough game tonight and did it in a bad way but I'm asking for prayers once again for my wife. We put her 99 year old mother in the Hospice Home today. We cannot take care of her anymore. She hasn't eaten since Sat. and yesterday only took a sip of water that she didn't swallow. Please pray for my wife Debbie that she will have the strength to let her mother go. Please pray for me that I will be strong for my wife during these last days and those that will follow as she will surely miss her. Please pray for my son DukeSky85 who spent about 14 years of his life with his grandmother as she lived with us for many years. He lives across the country and hasn't been home for a while so I know he needs your prayers and if for some reason you don't pray just wish our family well. Yes we lost tonight but I take it in stride knowing that it's just a basketball game we have lost. Many, many more important things in life. Believe me when I say this. I love all of you even though I have only met just a handful of you in person. Talking Duke basketball and football with a few of you certainly has been a stress release for me. Thanks for 10 plus years of Duke fan support that I did not have before joining. As my dear late friend Tommy Spoon always said. " Every things gonna be alright. " Skysdad. OFC

Sky, very sorry to hear what you and your wife are going thru, such a hard thing to watch a parent's health fade away. I can see this was not what you wanted but what you had no choice but to do. I will absolutely send my prayers up for you and your wife, your family. At 99 your wife's mom has had a good run and if it is nearing the time for her to be with the lord then may her journey be peaceful until her new journey begins.

At times like these, words from a movie struck me many years ago, this is not the end, this is not the beginning of the end, this is merely the end of the beginning.

Peace

Sky, very sorry to hear what you and your wife are going thru, such a hard thing to watch a parent's health fade away. I can see this was not what you wanted but what you had no choice but to do. I will absolutely send my prayers up for you and your wife, your family. At 99 your wife's mom has had a good run and if it is nearing the time for her to be with the lord then may her journey be peaceful until her new journey begins.

At times like these, words from a movie struck me many years ago, this is not the end, this is not the beginning of the end, this is merely the end of the beginning.

Peace

Thank you. OFC

Sky, unfortunately I've been thru this. Key is to talk about good memories. God Bless.

Definitely thinking and praying for you, your family and your mother-in-law during this difficult time. I know I'm not on here nearly as much as I used to be, but you all are friends (it's amazing how that can happen over a computer keyboard). I've met Skysdad in person - what an outstanding guy.

Hang in there Old Man ;)

PS - you can still call me Pecker Head lol

Prayers to you and your family. I will pray that god give you the strength to help you and your wife through this difficult time.

Prayers. Had similar experience as my wife and I took care of my grandmother until we were unable to provide the care she needed in the home. She was 97 when she went to Hospice. They were great! Now my father is developing Dementia. My mother is taking care of him now as it is early and he is not too tough yet (plus we are only a mile+ away).

Sky there is no doubt in our minds that you will have the strength, love and compassion to care for, console and show love as its needed for your wife, son and mother in law. I pray that God will continue his dominance in our lives and pray for you and your family.

Definitely thinking and praying for you, your family and your mother-in-law during this difficult time. I know I'm not on here nearly as much as I used to be, but you all are friends (it's amazing how that can happen over a computer keyboard). I've met Skysdad in person - what an outstanding guy.

Hang in there Old Man ;)

PS - you can still call me Pecker Head lol

Thanks Pecker Head. :) OFC

Sky, hope I get to meet you in person one day at Cameron. Prayers for you and your family sir!

OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT