ADVERTISEMENT

OT concerts

The Boss at the Woodlands Pavilion. Bad Company was good there too opening for Skynard. Simon and Garfunkel in 03 with my dad in Phoenix. Good times

seen bruce a bunch and he never fails. fleetwood mac is a great live show. freshman year in college drove down to fayetville and saw def leopard open up for ozzy on the blizzard of ozz tour. randy rhoads was still alive and was GREAT. def played a few of their new songs off the soon to be released pyromania.
best bar shows both in gboro. butthole surfers opened for jason and the scorchers. wow. then after bruce played at the coliseum on born in the usa tour we went downtown to the rhino to see the del fuegos and dammed if bruce and nils didnt show up and play the rest of the night with them.
worst show by far was the cars

Ah man, I just remembered my worst, I guess I had tried to erase it from memory. My first wifes brother took us all to a concert in Chicago to see Stanley Jordan, it was pretty cool, but the opener was this dude on an electric violin called Jean-Luc Ponty. Ear torture. PURE ear torture.

Best was Walk the Moon, Fitz and the Tantrums, and Moon Taxi at Red Rocks last fall. Saw Walk the Moon again in KC. Bleachers put on a good show too. Imagine Dragons is really good live.

Don't have a worst, at least not yet.

I've done a lot of festivals, they are fun. We've done Bonnaroo, DelFest, Telluride Bluegrass Festival, Red Wing Roots and Music, FarmAid (though that is just one day), among others. We are looking into going to Woodstock in August, their lineup is incredible.

Going to see live music was one of my family's favorite things in my youth, and one of my wife and I's favorite things now. I was a Virginia kid in my teens in the 90's, so I've always been a big Dave Matthews Band fan (they hail from Charlottesville in the 90s). I've seen them at least 30 times since about 1998. Over the years I've seen the Rolling Stones, the Allman Brothers, the Band, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Vampire Weekend, Tom Petty, the Avett Brothers, Jack White, and so many others. God knows how much money I've spent!

The stuff I've enjoyed going to see the most lately are the alt-country singer/songwriters, most of whom come from Texas, that are great and that you can see in medium-size venues where it is a little more intimate. Guys like Ryan Bingham, Robert Earl Keen, Hayes Carll, and the Turnpike Troubadours. They are a lot of fun and some great songwriting chops.

Last edited:
Reactions: pisgah101
Best was Walk the Moon, Fitz and the Tantrums, and Moon Taxi at Red Rocks last fall. Saw Walk the Moon again in KC. Bleachers put on a good show too. Imagine Dragons is really good live.

Don't have a worst, at least not yet.
Okay mo.st, I’m gonna be honest and say I have never heard of any of those bands Hahahaha

I think I did see imagine dragons on tv on New Year’s Eve Show.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT