ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Baseball

Willcampbell

Cameron Crazy
Oct 20, 2004
I know it's early, but it's my sport, so indulge me please. We're off to a 5-1 start. Not ranked as yet, but I think that will change. 5 games against lesser foes before a big 3-game set vs Carolina. IMO Carolina took our spot in the NCAAs last year despite the fact we swept them. Looking for a better outcome this time around. GO DEVILS!
OFC

^^^ Looking forward to conversations as the season goes on. Right now, you're right....Pitching!
OFC

Hoping we can follow our baseball team all year. I like to call myself a complete Duke fan. I want to win in every sport. I really want to sweep UNC. That would be great considering how good their baseball program is. I hope they don't even get a base hit all year much less score. Yeah I know I'm a sick Duke fan. OFC

Why would UNC series being first week in March when season runs through mid May?

Had no idea the baseball team is good. When I was in school, they were bad, and didn't seem to care.

Duke sports better than UNC overall.

Forecast high for today's game against Greensboro: 32 degrees. How would you like to hit a fastball with an aluminum bat in that weather?
OFC

We'll try again today, against NC Central, whom we have never lost to. 44 degrees is doable.

Smashmouth: You say something about pitching? With today's 11 inning 1-0 shutout of Rider, team ERA is now 1.73. Might want to get the boys in the batting cage, though.
OFC

9-1 and still no votes in the polls. Gotta beat Liberty (they're real good) and then it's on to Carolina. 3 out of 4 should get us respect.
OFC

Originally posted by Willcampbell:
9-1 and still no votes in the polls. Gotta beat Liberty (they're real good) and then it's on to Carolina. 3 out of 4 should get us respect.
OFC
It's going to take a while for that to happen. We just need to keep winning and beat some elite teams. OFC

Big 3-game series with Carolina starts tomorrow. I'd love another sweep, but would be happy with 2 of 3.
OFC

Smashmouth: You say something about pitching? With today's 11 inning 1-0 shutout of Rider, team ERA is now 1.73. Might want to get the boys in the batting cage, though.
OFC
Would love to see a little more juice in the bats...but I do love the old adage, good pitching beats good hitting.

Not a baseball fan at all, but will make it up to Durham for a game this season to support Pollard. We played high school ball together. That guy is just a winner.

We salvaged the third game of the series against Carolina. Not the greatest weekend, but it could have been worse.
By the way, I won't bother posting anymore about baseball. I'm talking to myself, clearly. And, as a mental health professional I know what happens when you talk to yourself in public. You get sent to the Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program. So, Go Duke, and have a nice day.
OFC

We salvaged the third game of the series against Carolina. Not the greatest weekend, but it could have been worse.
By the way, I won't bother posting anymore about baseball. I'm talking to myself, clearly. And, as a mental health professional I know what happens when you talk to yourself in public. You get sent to the Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program. So, Go Duke, and have a nice day.
OFC
Duke took all three from the Scar Heels last year, but when it came to selection time you see what it got them. OFC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT