ADVERTISEMENT

Official ncaa tournament prediction thread

Interesting how certain websites have certain regions seen as hard or easy. Outkick says West is the hardest and East is the "weakest." I think the East is pretty loaded frankly.

Honestly, Duke got robbed.

I would not want Alabama in the sweet 16, but we had UVA beat on the road but for officials not knowing the rules. We’d have beaten them twice. And they get a 4?

We should beat Oral Roberts. They are good but not THAT good. We are playing great.
If we lose to them we will never, ever hear the end of it. They will be the new Mercer.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanInNJ
Honestly, Duke got robbed.

I would not want Alabama in the sweet 16, but we had UVA beat on the road but for officials not knowing the rules. We’d have beaten them twice. And they get a 4?
Straight seeds yes. But give me our spot over theirs...

We should beat Oral Roberts. They are good but not THAT good. We are playing great.
If we lose to them we will never, ever hear the end of it. They will be the new Mercer.
I stopped hearing about Mercer long ago... until just now.

I don't know. Yes, it seems like the 5 seed is higher than it should be. I am still very happy with the way we finished conference play. It literally doesn't get any better!

I understand that every team that makes the field is in it for a reason, but come on, are we really that worried about Oral Roberts? I am sure they can play the game, and anything can happen as we Duke fans well know, but going out to OR wouldn't be to far off from Mercer or Lehigh. I just cannot see that happening right now.

One game at a time........ win, and next. Keep it simple!

Let's go Duke!

So does Greenburg but I am eagerly awaiting to hear guru gary -7's predicton. 😊 OFC

Reactions: smashmouth5

General consensus is we were underseeded. Gottlieb says he is all in on Duke, and Hansblow gives Scheyer an A- coaching grade for the

I have a feeling Memphis will take down Purdue. Of course we need to handle our business ourselves. Can Providence beat Kentucky?

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I went on a Tennessee board and they’re convinced they’ll beat us lol must be nice to have hope. One guy said it’s a shame
K isn’t still at duke so they could have a K vs Barnes matchup… they seriously think Barnes is even capable of carrying Ks jock strap? Weird.

What’s also funny is a ton of Tennessee fans I know usually like duke too

Question. If the clock is stopped early on an out of bounds, can the refs take time off? Sure looked like the clock was stopped before the ball hit anything at the end of that game…

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Question. If the clock is stopped early on an out-of-bounds, can the refs take time off? It sure looked like the clock was stopped before the ball hit anything at the end of that game…
Good question; I'm not sure. It did look like it, though.

Jay Bilas' Bracket

Elite 8 - winner in bold
Arizona - Bama
Texas - Houston
Duke - Marquette
Uconn - Gonzaga

Arizona over Duke
Uconn over Texas

Arizona Champion

Last edited:
Reactions: 9dukejames
^That is close to the bracket that I would come up with save I would have Duke coming out as champion. Of course, I have my dark blue tinted glasses taped firmly on at this point. We are called fans for a reason and it's difficult to be totally objective at this time of the year.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
Greetings. Reporting as an ORU alumni and fan. This is the worse match up I could have imagined. When selection Sunday came down to the East and Duke was announced as the 5, I screamed at the TV 'NO'. Only chance was ORU to squeak out an 11 and avoid this matchup. Having said that, there is a pathway to ORU winning. I am a sports gambler and won $50k on the ORU, Ohio State match up 2 years ago. Ohio State was -17. ORU had 2 very hot guys in the conference tourney (Abmas and O'Bannor). No way they lose by 17. Put 5K on the spread and 3K on the +1500 win. A beautiful day.

Roll the clock forward to now. ORU is a much better and more balanced team. Abmas is used to drawing unique defensive schemes. Duke will have their way in the paint offensively. No doubt. ORU does not need Abmas to get 20+ to win. 10/10 can do it. Vanover (7'5") will not be able to score on cheap rebounds. It will be a very hard pathway. The only chance is tempo and 3s. ORU has a starting 5 plus first 2 off the bench who are all green lit for 3s. This will challenge Duke. Vanover is + from 3. I suspect Vanover for at least 5+ pick and pop 3s in the first half to draw out the Bigs. If he fails, we are done. If he succeeds, the game is open. I think ORU will shoot 25+ 3s. They are strong in transition. 6 seconds and an open 3. Even out of the net. I think they will press this strategy to no end because they have no chance in a 15-20 second shot clock. Duke will be challenged to get their big meat back on D. If ORU is within 8 at halftime I give them a 50/50. If Duke destroys them, as they might, in the first half and Vanover has 3 fouls, it's over.

I am $800 on the spread and $100 on the win. Would have been much more aggressive on any other 5/12 ORU match up. This is the worst. Hope for a good game.

I still think Clemson should have made the NCAA Tourney, but they're about to get upset on their home floor in the first round of the NIT after blowing a 15-point lead. PJ Hall has missed so many free throws.

Gosh. A 5 vs 12 matchup is drawing the most attention of any, and I mean ANY game in the first round. You think the committee didn’t plan this??? It’s just crazy. I feel like even non Duke haters are on the ORU band wagon. Click bait has us going down in flames.

Let’s just take care of business tomorrow. Come out strong and maintain the confidence. Maybe it will be tight down the stretch. Finish strong. Make foul shots. Tenacious defense. Win and advance. Let’s go Duke.

I have a commitment tomorrow from 7:00 to 9:00. I am confident I will come out to good news.

I'm just like you guys; I put my pants on one leg at a time. Except when I put mine on, I make gold records.

Clemson loses at home to Morehead State hahahahaha
We deserved to get in! We deserved...um never mind.
Arizona State blowing out Nevada.

Last edited:
Clemson loses at home to Morehead State hahahahaha
We deserved to get in! We deserved...um never mind.
Arizona State blowing out Nevada.
I still think they deserved to get in despite their loss tonight. If they're in any of the other power five conferences this year with that record, they're in.

Reactions: christophero
ACC has taken one on the chin tonight. Both Clemson and VA Tech lose in the first round of the NIT. So, I hope Johnny Dawkins and UCF can win it all. And as Chris said, Bobby Hurley has Arizona State playing wonderful basketball in the last 3 or 4 weeks. ASU is punking Steve Alford's Nevada team.

Capel, Hurley, and Dawkins all win in the last two days. K disciples are showing out strong. Let's hope Jon and Blakeney can keep it going tomorrow. I'd say, Blakeney and his team have their hands full taking on Kansas. Of course, so do Jon and Duke with ORU. I forgot Chris Collins at Northwestern too! How many former Cheat players are coaching in the postseason? Wes Miller and......

Greetings. Reporting as an ORU alumni and fan. This is the worse match up I could have imagined. When selection Sunday came down to the East and Duke was announced as the 5, I screamed at the TV 'NO'. Only chance was ORU to squeak out an 11 and avoid this matchup. Having said that, there is a pathway to ORU winning. I am a sports gambler and won $50k on the ORU, Ohio State match up 2 years ago. Ohio State was -17. ORU had 2 very hot guys in the conference tourney (Abmas and O'Bannor). No way they lose by 17. Put 5K on the spread and 3K on the +1500 win. A beautiful day.

Roll the clock forward to now. ORU is a much better and more balanced team. Abmas is used to drawing unique defensive schemes. Duke will have their way in the paint offensively. No doubt. ORU does not need Abmas to get 20+ to win. 10/10 can do it. Vanover (7'5") will not be able to score on cheap rebounds. It will be a very hard pathway. The only chance is tempo and 3s. ORU has a starting 5 plus first 2 off the bench who are all green lit for 3s. This will challenge Duke. Vanover is + from 3. I suspect Vanover for at least 5+ pick and pop 3s in the first half to draw out the Bigs. If he fails, we are done. If he succeeds, the game is open. I think ORU will shoot 25+ 3s. They are strong in transition. 6 seconds and an open 3. Even out of the net. I think they will press this strategy to no end because they have no chance in a 15-20 second shot clock. Duke will be challenged to get their big meat back on D. If ORU is within 8 at halftime I give them a 50/50. If Duke destroys them, as they might, in the first half and Vanover has 3 fouls, it's over.

I am $800 on the spread and $100 on the win. Would have been much more aggressive on any other 5/12 ORU match up. This is the worst. Hope for a good game.

Do you know Kenneth Copeland

• Haha
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT