ADVERTISEMENT

Official ncaa tournament prediction thread

They take into account our whole season. 5 goes with what we were ranked. I still thought we'd be a 4. If we both win out we could get Kentucky in the elite eight.

I’m bamboozled…. Ida bet my life we would have at least been a 4. Hey it don’t even matter to me now though. We got the acc championship . I’d love for us to run this table too, but I have a relaxed feeling going in. No pressure and disrespect. We are the acc regular season title co winners AND tournament champions. We’ve fought through adversity with a first year coach all year on top of that. Stuck the nail in UNCs coffin the last game. Sweeps.What a year and more to come. Fk everybody else. When’s the last time you’ve heard we’ve “OVERachieved”. Not laying down saying I don’t think we can make a run, I’m just saying fk the people idgaf, I’m already satisfied and nothing can ruin it .

Looking at Oral Robert's schedule. They are 30-4 but didn't beat anyone. They lost to Houston by 35 and St. Mary's by 8.
Their guards are tough, Chris. They score, quick, and defend. It will be a battle. We could easily get beat on Thursday. Also, I hate being in Orlando and playing on Thursday.

Reactions: christophero
Tennessee is not Tennessee the pg injury hampers them really bad. our second round game will be easier then Our first IMO. well beat Oral Roberts and get our revenge on Purdue tho.. final four is ours for the taking. We’re playing better then anyone in the country let’s ride!

I will say I’m pissed about a 5 seed and especially being in Purdues bracket. I was wanting to root for them to get to the final four but I think the committee wanted to attempt to make sure we have a rematch

Roll the ball out and let’s play. Anything could happen. 6 weeks ago just making the tourney was in question. We are coming off winning the ACC tourney and we are playing very well. Anything could happen, but I like our chances getting to the S16 and beyond that anything is possible. Let’s enjoy the ride. It’s certainly not an easy task but we have been playing well.

Oral Roberts. There was some joke about them in high school but I can't remember what it was. Please don't lose to a school with such an awful name.

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Their guards are tough, Chris. They score, quick, and defend. It will be a battle. We could easily get beat on Thursday. Also, I hate being in Orlando and playing on Thursday.

I disagree. I don't think it is going to be tough. I agree with Chris. They haven't beaten one team from a major conference. Duke on the other hand, just beat a Miami team that is probably better than most of the teams in our bracket, in my opinion. Duke is prepared for this game. Not sure Oral is.

ESPN is saying that ORU is better than the team that made the sweet 16 two years ago. They also have good guards.
How the hell did Michigan State get a 7 seed with that terrible record? Kentucky a 6. At least no North Carolina.

I thought Duke should have been a 4 seed. I’m sure they thought so too. I’m fine with the 5 seed, just more incentive to play with a chip on their shoulders. I can’t understand Clemson not getting in and NC ST does. Hell, Clemson beat them 3 times.

5 seed is a joke. The conference tournaments clearly don't matter. I will say, if the refs didn't screw us against UVA round 1, we would be a 3 seed for sure.

That said, I feel okay about where we are. We need to come up with a great game plan for guarding Max Abmas. As long as we do, we should be fine against Oral Roberts. Tennessee doesn't scare me. They are good defensive team but struggle offensively, and they haven't seen length like we have. And losing Zeigler was huge for them.

If we can get through, Purdue will be a huge challenge, but we will have a week to prepare and have a lot of big bodies to throw at Edey. We also have payback on our mind. They don't want to play us again.

I like having the chip on the shoulder. Let's do this boys

Last edited:
You guys are wrong about Oral Roberts. We are in for a tough one. If I am wrong, I'll be glad to see it, but I am worried.

Reactions: sheyduke
I disagree. I don't think it is going to be tough. I agree with Chris. They haven't beaten one team from a major conference. Duke on the other hand, just beat a Miami team that is probably better than most of the teams in our bracket, in my opinion. Duke is prepared for this game. Not sure Oral is.
So you're saying Duke is prepared for Oral?

We could see Memphis in the sweet sixteen if they knock off Purdue. If the seeds hold it would be ORU, Tenn, Purdue and Marquette.

Our second round matchup is very, very favorable but oral Robert's is tough. I did look at their schedule and that conference is pretty weak, and every bigger name school they played, they lost. Still that point guard they have is no joke

I know Tennessee has been shaky down the stretch but that was a top 10 team early on. We can get to the final four, but that is a tough road. Even Kentucky seems to have an easier path, although Providence in round one could be tough.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I know Tennessee has been shaky down the stretch but that was a top 10 team early on. We can get to the final four, but that is a tough road. Even Kentucky seems to have an easier path, although Providence in round one could be tough.
They were a top ten team earlier on. We were not. However, we are much better than earlier on. They are not. Perhaps there is a correlation with injuries. We didn't have a healthy team early on, once healthy, we have only lost once. On the flip side, Ziegler is out for them. They haven't been the same since. Sometimes, you just have to believe, that a team is who they are when they have who they have on the court.

What I don't get is Kansas St. getting the 3 seed in the East and playing in Greensboro. They have lost 7 out of their last 13 games and not beating any good teams since early in the year!! What am I missing here????

OFC

How can the committee hide behind injuries in one instance but ignore it in another with us (see Ryan Kelly’s senior year)? So going forward, a ref screw job accounts for nothing. We beat UVA twice!

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
I am not going to complain about the seed though I did think that it would be a 4. As of today, I believe Duke is playing as well as any team in the country. As with any year, just have to have some luck. I have seen truly dominant Duke teams fall in the tourney so I know how fickle a loss and you're out format can be. I am just going to enjoy the ride. It's already been a good year. Hey hole fans, how did that "the rivalry is over, and we won it" smack talk work out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT