ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday Thread- Game 3 Duke vs Kansas

Whatever we did in the last 2 minutes, don't do that. Jon said likely no Whitehead Friday.
It’s not because he don’t want to play. It’s only the fourth game against nobody. Look for him possibly next week. Even if he comes on dominant the rest still need to help .

YES!!!! I actually liked what we saw against Kansas.. first half sucked, ref’s sucked, but Jon has shown early on he makes halftime adjustments, we’ve been quite a bit better every second half of the year so far.. these young guys don’t quit either and play D!! You can just see our potential and how we can (will) improve over this season.. I guarantee you in one month if we had to play Kansas again we’d win.. nobody looks impressive so far this year, including the teams that returned EVERYBODY. We’re in a good spot with one (good) loss even though I hate saying any L is good, but one to the defending champ in Nov won’t carry much weight when it comes to seeding. The ACC looks like trash and is there for the taking. Let’s do it GO DUKE
Stop, you’re just happy that your man-crush of Brady Manek was replaced with Gradey Dick!!

• Haha
Reactions: pisgah101
Not for the actual Knicks though, right?
Oh man you're right haha. It was the G League Knicks team. I was going to say, I didn't think he was THAT good.
Coach K was on Dan Patrick today. Surprised to hear he gives Jon notes after every game. Also heard a story that Jon kicked Flip out of practice last month for not playing good/hard. It seems to have worked.

Last edited:
Oh man you're right haha. It was the G League Knicks team. I was going to say, I didn't think he was THAT good.
Coach K was on Dan Patrick today. Surprised to hear he gives Jon notes after every game. Also heard a story that Jon kicked Flip out of practice last month for not playing good/hard. It seems to have worked.
Or Jon is being to relaxed in practice and just now realizing it . Giavony said when he went to watch them practice it was one of the most relaxed atmosphere’s in a practice he had ever saw . What helped flip was Scheyers half time speech about not being finesse when they attack the basket .
Funny thing to me . Reeves didn’t see the floor at all and Young was getting beat by athletic bigs . The red shirt pulling is starting to remind me of Baker’s

Reeves looked a step behind the action in the first two games. I don't think he could have helped vs. Kansas. Maybe get him in tonight for a few minutes.
As for tonight; we need consistency. Flip and Roach have been consistent, everyone else, no. Freshman are inconsistent, unless you're a stud like Banchero or Flip. We talk about this every year. That's why we need steadiness from guys like Grandison. Roach has been steady, but seems to make very poor decisions at times. I'd like to see a little more assertiveness from Proctor and Lively. This should come with time.

Last edited:
I’d like to see Grandison just be able to play against better competition. He didn’t play well on the Houston scrimmage or against Kansas. Roach was just trying to win so I don’t think his play at the end was all that bad . Duke as a whole barely had any assist .

So , we are back to my initial thought on Reeves which is this going to be a Baker situation where there was really no reason to yank his red shirt . All we needed him to do is stay infront of Wilson didn’t need him to score. I’m not the coach though .

Reactions: KDSTONE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT