ADVERTISEMENT

Official Gameday thread- Duke Vs Pitt

Look at all that energy from Scheyer walking to the locker room….who wouldn’t want to play for that?

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Sorry I’ve got to agree nothing is changing with this team and they look tired. I’m about to jump on the ,” it’s half on Scheyers coaching !”
This Duke team also looks tired.

Reactions: Mac9192
I think Scheyer is embarrassing….just embarrassing….

Hope he gets better but as of know he’s just terrible….

Veterans with a plan vs inexperience with a rookie coach...complete mismatch. Zero adjustments in effort it seems...do we slap the floor on defense anymore? Roar after a bucket? Full court press to up the tempo? I'm afraid Scheyers playing demeanor of being low key is the same as his coaching demeanor..he just doesnt get them hyped up to play with the right amount of effort.

Sorry I’ve got to agree nothing is changing with this team and they look tired. I’m about to jump on the ,” it’s half on Scheyers coaching !”
This Duke team also looks tired.
It’s all Scheyers coaching….you could see it for weeks and weeks now.

Down double digits to Pitt at halftime. This is..not good.
This is at home and the players look really tired.
I keep thinking about what Giavonni said when he visited Dukes practice ,” most laid back atmosphere where players were walking around with head phones . Never remembered seeing a Duke practice laid back !”
Jon it’s showing now

I keep thinking about what Giavonni said when he visited Dukes practice ,” most laid back atmosphere where players were walking around with head phones . Never remembered seeing a Duke practice laid back !”
Jon it’s showing now
Don’t forget he often has is arms around Filip every game while we are getting destroyed also….I’m sure we will see it tonight too….

You couldn’t be a bigger clown, absolute clown. You’d fit in well at THR
Why because he Moises in with the exact same energy his players are playing with? Or that the crowd is displaying?

It starts at the top….what about that inspires energy or confidence?

When do the players, who should have a competitive side within them, actually show some fight? This level of athlete should hate losing, just seems they arent that bothered. Jwill, Hurley, Laettner would be screaming in players faces at this point...these guys barely say anything to each other

If you want your team to have energy you better coach with it….they follow the leader…even if you don’t have it you better find it….

Jon it’s showing now
If this is true…it’s really really bad….

If we drop this I'm not very confident about us going to Clemson. Then Miami. Ugh.

Now pitts hitting almost everything and it’s tough to catch up. Wouldn’t have been a problem had we not had a disgusting first half

It is very true the clip I watched was him and two other analyst talking about Dukes recruiting class.
It would explain a lot actually…

Starting with not enough concentration on what your doing and not doing it with “intent”.

Also means you are not practicing at game speeds…which explains a lot of the fumbled balls and crazy turnovers we have…guys are not up to game speed and it’s moving to fast for them..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT