ADVERTISEMENT

Official game day thread Duke vs NC St round 3 ELITE EIGHT ADDITION

The JMU game showed what we could be, the UH game was a great but grinding win...but the identity of this team that was the majority of the season showed up in the second half....we lacked any game plan on either end, and players disappeared when needed. Elite 8 is a good run...shame it ended this way though

Foster told us in one of his first interviews he's a starter. He got that chance when Proctor went down, but he wanted it from the beginning. Proctor and Mitchell can go too.
I wouldn’t mind seeing proctor and Mitchell leave too, but the blame’s got to go to scheyer. So much talent that hasn’t developed into much of anything from one season to the next. We had a really poorly played regular season and outside of these 3 ncaa wins we haven’t truly looked like a good team. Truthfully the only game we played well was against jmu. We beat Houston in a tough grind out game but we didn’t play overly well

I wouldn’t mind seeing proctor and Mitchell leave too, but the blame’s got to go to scheyer. So much talent that hasn’t developed into much of anything from one season to the next. We had a really poorly played regular season and outside of these 3 ncaa wins we haven’t truly looked like a good team. Truthfully the only game we played well was against jmu. We beat Houston in a tough grind out game but we didn’t play overly well
I agree….We can live without both of those players.

Jon needs an offensive system…..we have been plagued by some pretty poor offensive performances since he has taken the reigns.

I do think we play good defense under Scheyer….but a long way to go offensively.

Reactions: youngman42
I get that as well, but I don't think this team is a one year development project. Our flaws were hid last year until Tenn. Mitchell was forced to start and Flip played the wing. This year, Flip is the center and Mitchell has more responsibility. We are not that team. Flip is at his best with a Center/Rim Protector. Mitchell is at his best with NO PRESSURE!

Reactions: christophero

Jon needs an offensive system…..we have been plagued by some pretty poor offensive performances since he has taken the reigns.

I do think we play good defense under Scheyer….but a long way to go offensively.
I think its hard when all we recruit are star players...they want to score...they dont want to be role players...so any offense has to let people shoot...some of whom should not or cannot with any consistency...we need a TEAM...not a group of talented individuals...Uconn..Purdue are good teams...

I think its hard when all we recruit are star players...they want to score...they dont want to be role players...so any offense has to let people shoot...some of whom should not or cannot with any consistency...we need a TEAM...not a group of talented individuals...Uconn..Purdue are good teams...
This why I'm concerned with next year's team. I've said it over and over, COVID and NIL changed a lot of things in college basketball.

Reactions: youngman42
Guys Proctor had a terrible game but you really don't want a junior Proctor? And a junior Mitchell.

No. I've been in the Proctor being extremely overrated for a long time and many here hit back on it. I believe many are seeing the light on him now. He has a good game every now and then, but for the most part he doesn't bring alot IMO.

Someone please tell me what Duke’s record is when Brian McConnell calls our game since Scheyer has taken over?

Reactions: christophero
No. I've been in the Proctor being extremely overrated for a long time and many here hit back on it. I believe many ate seeing the light on him now. He has a good game every now and then, but for the most part he doesn't bring alot IMO.
Proctor has not been allowed to be the 'dominant guard'. As a team player, he has been horrible. Dominant guard...it may be a different conversation.

Watching today it seemed like Scheyer was slowing everything down calling a lot of sets. No transition offense whatsoever. Sometimes you have to let them play a little bit and he didn’t do that today.

Reactions: IPSYCHOSIS
No. I've been in the Proctor being extremely overrated for a long time and many here hit back on it. I believe many are seeing the light on him now. He has a good game every now and then, but for the most part he doesn't bring alot IMO.
Yup. Just a tall guard.. Not much of anything else consistently

Reactions: Mr.Scary13
I'll take them back in a heartbeat. Anyone who says otherwise is crazy.
Both will benefit way better next year with the pieces coming in . Just like this team wasn’t set up for Flips style of play next season is set up real well for Proctor and Foster running the point .

This is not on Coach. This is on the guys in the rectangle, some of which are true Freshman and Sophomores. We just didn't have the experience and If you are a pro, you have to have an impact on the game(Proctor). We better hope Mitchell comes back, we are missing Juniors and seniors who have been through the action and can actually lead a young team. I'm sure we lose Roach, Proctor, McCain, Young, and Flip. Moving forward, where will our leadership come from?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT