ADVERTISEMENT

No Zion Tuesday

Not sure why K is changing his ways about announcing specs on injuries. Seems odd, no?

Must be the Zion effect! :D

I think Z is 100% fine, but they’re extending the absence just for precautionary reasons. Just my guess..... And that’s smart, we don’t need to rush him back for VT. Just for decoration, sit him Saturday vs Miami too. Let him play 20-25 against WF then back to his usual vs UNC.

This is my wishful thinking of course.

Reactions: DUKEFEDFAN
This is great for the team imo. Zion can’t play 40 min a game. Or can he???? ;)

If he’s 100% then he’s playing. That’s stupid to say he’s 100% but he’s gonna sit a few more days. He’s either 100% or he’s not.

Reactions: Mac9192
I think Z is 100% fine, but they’re extending the absence just for precautionary reasons. Just my guess..... And that’s smart, we don’t need to rush him back for VT. Just for decoration, sit him Saturday vs Miami too. Let him play 20-25 against WF then back to his usual vs UNC.

Somewhat my thinking as well. I’m guessing he is about 97% though. Hopefully QC can accept that

I highly doubt he is 100% but I think K might be doing this for the mental aspect of his own team and just making it clear to everyone he is out. I also doubles as a chance to see what everyone is made of.

If he’s 100% then he’s playing. That’s stupid to say he’s 100% but he’s gonna sit a few more days. He’s either 100% or he’s not.

I think Zion himself feels 100% but a mild sprain is still stretching the ligament. Even though he may feel and be 100% it’s important to give extra resting time and practice plenty of exercises to strengthen the joint. If you skip the extra rest and exercise once you’re fully recovered you aren’t necessarily at risk of re-injury but you’re at risk of major damage if it happened again.

Make sense?

I think Zion himself feels 100% but a mild sprain is still stretching the ligament. Even though he may feel and be 100% it’s important to give extra resting time and practice plenty of exercises to strengthen the joint. If you skip the extra rest and exercise once you’re fully recovered you aren’t necessarily at risk of re-injury but you’re at risk of major damage if it happened again.

Make sense?
To take the words from Scooby Doo, HUUUUHHH, Wraggie?

To take the words from Scooby Doo, HUUUUHHH, Wraggie?

Lol - I’m saying that it’s possible Zion feels 100% but they’re extending his absence to strengthen the ligaments / joints even more for extra injury prevention.

None of us have insider information, we’re all just sharing our speculations.

To sit him out a couple games and then unleash him on Wake Forest just seems mean to the Demon Deacons.

Zion needs to chill on the bench :cool:

4GkoVLF.jpg

Last edited:
Lol - I’m saying that it’s possible Zion feels 100% but they’re extending his absence to strengthen the ligaments / joints even more for extra injury prevention.

None of us have insider information, we’re all just sharing our speculations.

I think there is some appeal to sitting him another game, for a variety of reasons. This being one of them. Coach K's quote - "The main thing is for him to get healthy and continue to improve,"

K also said. "We've got some new things we saw against Syracuse [in a victory Saturday] and maybe there'll be more [vs. Virginia Tech]." makes me feel like he also sees this as an opportunity to really get the rest of the team to gel and contribute heading into the tournament stretch. Zion can mask a lot of flaws for a team. K wants the rest of the players to elevate their game and then to maintain that high level and confidence once Zion returns

Bring him back for WF game...that would be right at 2 weeks since he hurt it...About normal recovery time from what I've read.

And I think previous poster was right...he hides a lot of flaws and this gives others a chance to get ready for the real season that matters...like Grayson in 2015...who knows what will happen in March/April

Ok. So everyone understand that I am a troublemaker and a glass "half full" guy. So take this with a grain of salt.

But there are a couple of wild things about this Zion injury. First of all, K rarely gets real specific on injury information. Yet he comes out and tells everyone that he has a grade 1 sprain.

Also, by all reports, I cannot find that he got an MRI? To assess the damage. So please correct me if someone knows different.

So how can you diagnose a grade 1 sprain without an MRI? Yes you can examine the knee, but some damage can be hard to identify without the gold standard.

So, why don't you get an MRI? Two reasons. You have a very minor injury or your injury could be bad and you don't want to know what the MRI will show you.

Now that I have posted all this - its all speculation for sure - I am hoping that Zion has a minor injury and they are being extra cautious.

Yup - thats my story and I am sticking with it.

Ok. So everyone understand that I am a troublemaker and a glass "half full" guy. So take this with a grain of salt.

But there are a couple of wild things about this Zion injury. First of all, K rarely gets real specific on injury information. Yet he comes out and tells everyone that he has a grade 1 sprain.

Also, by all reports, I cannot find that he got an MRI? To assess the damage. So please correct me if someone knows different.

So how can you diagnose a grade 1 sprain without an MRI? Yes you can examine the knee, but some damage can be hard to identify without the gold standard.

So, why don't you get an MRI? Two reasons. You have a very minor injury or your injury could be bad and you don't want to know what the MRI will show you.

Now that I have posted all this - its all speculation for sure - I am hoping that Zion has a minor injury and they are being extra cautious.

I think ya mad bro

No matter what happens, I like us in this one.

Wow just prepare for the most crap ever. This might rival the “don’t dive in the floor” as dumbest post this board has seen just wow :eek:

He had MRI...now go to bed

Reactions: dukephysics

Make sense?
Gotcha doc

giphy.gif

He had a MRI, but what it actually showed is top secret. My guess is that he is in fact not human at all...an alien of sorts sent here to destroy anything in his path. The injury was horribly horrific but it actually healed itself before he got back to the locker room. K is just sitting him out a few games so nobody finds out about this and so that no sanctions are handed down for playing an alien.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

From what I’ve read/heard, a diagnosis can be made with great accuracy prior to an MRI, hence the grade 1 disclosure on the night of the accident. It was then confirmed the next day via an MRI, which is when further information was provided. This accusation would even make THR blush.

Am I the only one who is worried that Zion's dad might have told him to sit out the rest of the season? I know he looked focused in on the game Saturday and was happy for his teammates, which I thought was a great sign. I'm still concerned and won't feel good about the situation until I see him on the court in full uniform with the ball in play.

Am I the only one who is worried that Zion's dad might have told him to sit out the rest of the season? I know he looked focused in on the game Saturday and was happy for his teammates, which I thought was a great sign. I'm still concerned and won't feel good about the situation until I see him on the court in full uniform with the ball in play.
Yes

Just a hunch, but I think it would take an army to physically restrain him from playing against UNCheat if he’s 100%.

And, I feel sorry the army assigned to that task.

Yup - thats my story and I am sticking with it

Nobody cares what or who diagnosed the injury - They just care what the diagnosis is. We are all aware that all sports injuries are diagnosed or confirmed by a machine of some sort. Some articles say it, some don’t.

5ts4np.jpg

Read the words. Now, take off your tin foil hat and drop the conspiracies lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT