ADVERTISEMENT

No Zion Tuesday

Ok. So everyone understand that I am a troublemaker and a glass "half full" guy. So take this with a grain of salt.

But there are a couple of wild things about this Zion injury. First of all, K rarely gets real specific on injury information. Yet he comes out and tells everyone that he has a grade 1 sprain.

Also, by all reports, I cannot find that he got an MRI? To assess the damage. So please correct me if someone knows different.

So how can you diagnose a grade 1 sprain without an MRI? Yes you can examine the knee, but some damage can be hard to identify without the gold standard.

So, why don't you get an MRI? Two reasons. You have a very minor injury or your injury could be bad and you don't want to know what the MRI will show you.

Now that I have posted all this - its all speculation for sure - I am hoping that Zion has a minor injury and they are being extra cautious.

Yup - thats my story and I am sticking with it.
giphy.gif

It’s comical browsing the THR and RR sites. Their hate for K is unparalleled to anything I’ve ever seen and every now and again we get reminded of this in funny little ways. If Zion were to play it would be because K rushed him back. Because he’s sitting, he’s automatically healthy but K wants to protect his seeding and wants a built in excuse so he’s holding him out. There’s literally nothing he can do to not be accused of something, nothing.

It’s comical browsing the THR and RR sites. Their hate for K is unparalleled to anything I’ve ever seen and every now and again we get reminded of this in funny little ways. If Zion were to play it would be because K rushed him back. Because he’s sitting, he’s automatically healthy but K wants to protect his seeding and wants a built in excuse so he’s holding him out. There’s literally nothing he can do to not be accused of something, nothing.
I truly almost feel sorry for both groups of idiots. Must be some miserable people living miserable lives. I get not liking your competition/rivals, but the hatred for K is unhealthy and a shame.

UNC fans know they will have a hard time competing with a healthy Zion. They have a decent squad but we have an elite squad. Envy brings out irrational criticism.

Funny thing is - This doesn’t have anything to do with the GOAT. He’s not a doctor, Zion will play when the medical staff says he’s clear. I highly doubt the medical staff gave coach the nod and he’s sitting his star player for decoration.

I love our group but UNC shot terrible from anything not a layup and beat us comfortably.

I do think Duke will have the emotional edge next time but the way UNC plays is really bad for our 1 v 1 lots of bad choice shots type of offense

Technically, this is NOT cussing. :D

You guys gotta grow up. I simply posed a question. I mean get over yourselves.

I asked someone to show me the MRI results because after scanning the media that I had available I simply could not find the results.

I am correct though that this injury is being handled different than other players. Thats a fact.

By the way, I am a Duke trained doctor, know many of the team physicians personally and have taken care of many of Duke's best while I was there.

So give me a break and put away your unnecessary need to slam a poster that threatens your feeble opinion.

I asked someone to show me the MRI results because after scanning the media that I had available I simply could not find the results.

I am correct though that this injury is being handled different than other players. Thats a fact.

By the way, I am a Duke trained doctor, know many of the team physicians personally and have taken care of many of Duke's best while I was there.

So give me a break and put away your unnecessary need to slam a poster that threatens your feeble opinion.

You do know what your suggesting right? About everyone involved? You are suggesting that every doctor involved is committing all sorts of negligence and ethical violations and that K is avoiding a medical examination out of fear of what it might disclose. Gee I wonder why we might be upset.

HAHAHAHAHA. This is a classic post. You dont see many doctors hanging out on message boards trying to find information on the board. I also once stayed at a Holiday Inn.

2wm1i0n.jpg

Duuuuude.....
“I know many of the team’s physicians personally.” — LOL so go ask them if he got a MRI?

Jesus take the wheel.

Reactions: Showenuff

What’s your email address? I’ll show you the results.

Reactions: QC Dukie
I'm literally the furthest thing from a doctor, but isn't a mild knee sprain what Bagley had last year??? And he missed 4 games I believe, he was day-to-day for over a week, it was kind of annoying.

Expect Zion to be back Sat unless between now and then, something crazy happens. So all the hope of other fan bases thinking he is done, will soon have their feelings hurt.

Well it’s time to come clean. I’m actually Brad Stevens. That’s why I constantly need affirmation as to who the next duke coach will be. I’m fairly insecure about it but I love hearing some people thinking I might get the call
This deserves its own thread.

Reactions: pisgah101
Expect Zion to be back Sat unless between now and then, something crazy happens. So all the hope of other fan bases thinking he is done, will soon have their feelings hurt.

I think this needs its own thread title. Would be huge. We all feel good about it, but until we see him in uniform there's a little voice in our heads telling us he's not back yet.

Can someone that stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night give us the actual update? I’ll settle for someone that saved a bunch of money by switching their car insurance to Geico.

Zion is currently locked in a dark room somewhere far away from any Dr's or MRI machines. He is only allowed to come out for games and is under strict orders to not talk to anyone. As of right now K is undecided as to whether he wants to hold him out and protect his 1 seed or rush him back and pad his win total.

Well it’s time to come clean. I’m actually Brad Stevens. That’s why I constantly need affirmation as to who the next duke coach will be. I’m fairly insecure about it but I love hearing some people thinking I might get the call
I knew it!!

Reactions: pisgah101

Your initials might be B.S.
But I'm not thinking it stands for Brad Stevens!!!!

I think Zion would have played tonight, but with Justin Robinson officially out for VT, Zion isn't "needed." Without JR, VT is much less dangerous.

I think Zion would have played tonight, but with Justin Robinson officially out for VT, Zion isn't "needed." Without JR, VT is much less dangerous.
While I agree VT isn't nearly as good without Robinson, we are only a 4 point favorite. It started at 5 and has gone down to 4.

Tonight is gonna be a tight game, a game we REALLY need to win, and without Zion it's gonna be tough. With Zion, we are probably what, a 10-12 pt favorite.
I don't think Robinson being out was any reason for Zion also sitting out.

V-Tech is not a bottom feeder. We may win, but Zion is needed.

While I agree VT isn't nearly as good without Robinson, we are only a 4 point favorite. It started at 5 and has gone down to 4.

Tonight is gonna be a tight game, a game we REALLY need to win, and without Zion it's gonna be tough. With Zion, we are probably what, a 10-12 pt favorite.
I don't think Robinson being out was any reason for Zion also sitting out.
If they are hitting from beyond the arc and Duke is missing, it could be a long night. Perimeter defense is going to be key tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT