ADVERTISEMENT

Nike Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think any thread that baits people into talking about politics or whatever should be locked / deleted immediately. All this thread does is slowly get personal, and will likely end bad and locked anyway... I’m so tired of hearing/ seeing the crap everywhere enough! Now I come on a Duke message board and see it..Sports are suppose to be a safe zone for this crap. If the commercial is so bad why bring that crap here...You’re basically doing the same dang thing they’re doing and complaining about...Bringing politics to sports. I get it!! it’s a stupid commercial (mostly). Whichever shoes feel / look the best I will buy them period. And pay no mind to a dang commercial. Won’t think twice about it. I don’t like the players taking a Knee or Colon, but it’s my feet and that’s all I will think about. I hate all this racial social inequality whatever crap!!!!! Petty train keeps rolling! From both sides (imo) And I’m taking mostly in general (not anyone in particular) I just try to tune out the crap., but mannnn it’s getting hard in this world!

I am so sorry. It didn't happen of course. Tried to find the old Duke joke tread but couldn't find it. Bless my heart. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
Boy this thread went deeep south in a hurry. For those of you who realized it was a JOKE thank you for getting it. I should have put a lot of these :D at the end. I don't like Nike because they have become to big and I blame them for all our foot, ankle and leg injuries over the last several years. Now if just Coach K and Duke would break the contract and go with Duke Blue and White Converse All-Stars Chucks. White for home games and Duke Blue for away games then I see us going undefeated. By the way. I thought the joke was hilarious even if I say so myself. I got it from a tar heel friend of mine so it is not original. ;) :):D OFC

Last edited:
Boy this thread went deeep south in a hurry. For those of you who realized it was a JOKE thank you for getting it. I should have put a lot of these :D at the end. I don't like Nike because they have become to big and I blame them for all our foot, ankle and leg injuries over the last several years. Now if just Coach K and Duke would break the contract and go with Duke Blue and White Converse All-Stars Chucks. White for home games and Duke Blue for away games then I see us going undefeated. By the way. I thought the joke was hilarious even if I say so myself. I got it from a tatr heel friend of mine so it is not original. ;) :):D OFC
Sky I gave it the post of the year, but one guy didn’t agree with me.:D:D:D

Love Nike. I know the colonizers mayo filled body is bubbling with rage. They out there burning their their Nikes because they don’t have any wooden crosses to burn

Same fake patriots won’t giv a dollar to any of my fellow vets on the street or donate those same Nikes that they don’t want. Same fake patriots constantly break the flag code over and over and ignore injustices done to black and brown people.

We all have our own bias. This is arguably the most diverse nation in History [Roman Empire?]

Both sides of the spectrum [or is there a central - 3rd?] are boycotting different "movements". As an immigrant from a homogenous nation, I dunno if this fractured society even with all the economic benefits is desirable for myself, whom wants to plant his roots. My vote will be made with my feet [plane ticket] and I am eyeing a return to my homeland after almost 3 decades. That is simply my experience.

USA will and has continued on in my lifetime.

I don't see how anyone could of taken what Sky said other than a joke. And all humor makes fun of someone or something...it's just a matter of whether it's hateful and nasty or with a little tongue and cheek. It's clear what side Sky's came down on.

And to echo what the 'Alaskan_Assassin' said, the board weathered the storm pretty darn well without getting too out of control...except for maybe a few posts.

OFC

Last edited:
I think everybody knew it was pretty much a “joke”...lol... I mean that’s obvious to me, but people knew how it would open doors to, well you see what it iopened... A can of worms....(imo)

Last edited:
I attended a seminar, years ago, that dealt with group dynamics in structured environments, Corporate, institutional, academia, etc, etc, etc.

One large portion dealt with identifying sociopaths/psychopaths in these environments, how destructive they can be to the group and how to weed them out or minimize their impact.

This thread brought that seminar back to mind after 20+ yrs, as a case study on that topic.

Kudos to those that kept the thread in perspective and took it for what it was. A humorous anecdote.

Love Nike. I know the colonizers mayo filled body is bubbling with rage. They out there burning their their Nikes because they don’t have any wooden crosses to burn

Same fake patriots won’t giv a dollar to any of my fellow vets on the street or donate those same Nikes that they don’t want. Same fake patriots constantly break the flag code over and over and ignore injustices done to black and brown people.
I think we’re all well aware the people burning Nike gear are idiots, but perhaps they just believe the flag (stands) for something and disgusted by this. Military reasons, Etc, Etc, Etc.. Why they got to be KKK members? Maybe I’m missing something....I didn’t watch the videos ..Are they wearing white capes or something? If so, ok then I get you. But one side can be so critical/other stuff and get away with it , The other side has to bite their tounge/other stuff or be precieved a KKK member or something racist. That goes with everything in this world. .... Not surprised though.

Easy, tiger. I never said anything about being a spokesperson for Duke grads on this board. Over many years of political discourse on various Duke boards (DBR, TDD, TDF, etc) I've found that Duke grads tend to lean left. Not ALL Duke grads, obviously... Stephen Miller, after all, is a Duke grad, and I've had some real knock down, drag out fights with Indoor66... and that's why I said "we usually tend" and not "all Duke grads etc etc."
So you actually counted the Duke grads on those Boards? How did you identify them before you counted them? How many did you count as leaning right? What was the final score? Truth is you have no clue as to how many of the Duke grads on those boards lean left. If you had just said "some" Duke grads tend to lean left, I would have agreed with you.

There’s always going to be racist/bad people in this world on both sides, but you can’t categorize each side by that....And that’s pretty much what’s going on. And getting worse. Its turning people one way or another. For some reason we want to go back in time.

Last edited:
Reactions: dakid_0812
So you actually counted the Duke grads on those Boards? How did you identify them before you counted them? How many did you count as leaning right? What was the final score? Truth is you have no clue as to how many of the Duke grads on those boards lean left. If you had just said "some" Duke grads tend to lean left, I would have agreed with you.
He said Duke grads “Tend” And he said “Not all” And he never stated how many lean left or right, or the other stuff you said...I’m confused ....My guess is you misinterpreted, (which is easy to do with text) and he wasn’t as clear as he wanted to be. Move on

Reactions: dakid_0812
The sign of a good community is one in which its members can disagree with one another pretty vehemently but still gather together and call one another friends. A group in which everyone agrees with one another on every point 1) doesn't exist anywhere in any form and 2) would be super boring.

You sound like more of a New Balance guy anyways. Doubt Nike cares about losing your business. Enjoy watching our Devils win a natty wearing fresh Nike's!

Love "New Balance". Helps "balance the budget :) and just as comfy on these old feet.:cool:...Why pay $200 to be "in" when $79 works just as well?

I think it has less to do with specifically being a Duke grad and more to do with being college educated as those with a university education are more likely to lean left. I don't say that to imply that they're "right" or "better" or whatever, but just that's typically how the chips fall.

He said Duke grads “Tend” And he said “Not all” And he never stated how many lean left or right, or the other stuff you said...I’m confused ....My guess is you misinterpreted, (which is easy to do with text) and he wasn’t as clear as he wanted to be. Move on

Holy f’ing shit.

Did IPsych just drop an incredibly sensible, reasonable post where he easily explained where DevilInside and myself could have simply been more clear and more easily gotten our point across? And he did so smoothly and easily?

Hm. Alright then. Color me impressed.

Last edited:
Holy f’ing shit.

Did IPsych just drop an incredibly sensible, reasonable post that he easily explained where DevilInside and myself could have simply been more clear and more easily gotten our point across? And he did so smoothly and easily?

Hm. Alright then. Color me impressed.
Ipsy has hung in there, took some bashings from quite a few, but he's shown a lot to quite a few on this board.

If we gave a "Most Improved Poster," he would win easily.

Reactions: TheDude1
The sign of a good community is one in which its members can disagree with one another pretty vehemently but still gather together and call one another friends. A group in which everyone agrees with one another on every point 1) doesn't exist anywhere in any form and 2) would be super boring.

Sounds an awfully like a certain "news" channel.

Reactions: pisgah101
I would like to point out that this thread is almost an internet embodiment of life for successful, professional Black people in the United States. Through five pages, it appears 1 Black person posted in the thread and from what I have read not a single one of the white folks even remotely tried to put themselves in his shoes. Everything was immediately your team/my team.

Think about it: You come to the message board of your favorite team just to find a bunch of people doing nothing but heaping shit on your people without the slightest attempt to relate to your people.

Hell, one idiot even attempted to rationalize racism and the use of stereotypes by making an analogy about stray pitbulls and stray golden retrievers. I'm not going to go back and reread everything but I believe even the resident white liberals let that shit slide. I'm sorry, but when you compare me to a dog, I'm not going to have any respect for your opinion.

Anyway, carry on.

When that 1 Black person did post here why In the bleeping hell would anybody want to put themselves in their shoes .....? You want sympathy after what he did and the crap he posted from other “white people”?...Sheesh..Sounds far too familiar in this world.. Your so called other “black” person that posted here sure didn’t help the cause. Thank him, not blame whites! (Again sounds familiar) You pretty much just made up a bunch of crap also that sounds good, and really didn’t read much or comprehend a damn thing did you? I’m done with this thread, and going to burn a cross (in your mind) before I get precieved a racist;)... Cuckoo people wanna point the finger, I swear. Sick of it. I’m sorry you didn’t get a little “black privilege” here you think you’re entitled too. Leaving before I lose it..Peace.

Last edited:
I would like to point out that this thread is almost an internet embodiment of life for successful, professional Black people in the United States. Through five pages, it appears 1 Black person posted in the thread and from what I have read not a single one of the white folks even remotely tried to put themselves in his shoes. Everything was immediately your team/my team.

Think about it: You come to the message board of your favorite team just to find a bunch of people doing nothing but heaping shit on your people without the slightest attempt to relate to your people.

Hell, one idiot even attempted to rationalize racism and the use of stereotypes by making an analogy about stray pitbulls and stray golden retrievers. I'm not going to go back and reread everything but I believe even the resident white liberals let that shit slide. I'm sorry, but when you compare me to a dog, I'm not going to have any respect for your opinion.

Anyway, carry on.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I think folks are SO used to these message boards being entirely white males... it would be good if it was less so.

LoL, who gives a rats ass what color a poster is here? Seriously. Does it even matter? Just be people, or posters, get off this crap. I don't need some asshole making accusations like swervin did to ipsy , don't care what color he is.

LoL, who gives a rats ass what color a poster is here? Seriously. Does it even matter? Just be people, or posters, get off this crap. I don't need some asshole making accusations like swervin did to ipsy , don't care what color he is.

It's easy to say, "who gives a rat's ass what color," somebody is when you're a white guy sitting in a room full of white guys. You're in a comfort zone. If/when the roles reverse, the issue of race would become a more prominent issue to you. When topics like this arise, race does bleed over into them. That's when race becomes relevant.

And, reading back, Ipsy is the one who used the dog analogy and who also said a race war was coming, so I couldn't care less who attacked him. Finally, he actually "attacked" first by expressing how badly he wanted to attack Swervin's initial post but was deciding to take knee.

When that 1 Black person did post here why In the bleeping hell would anybody want to put themselves in their shoes .....? You want sympathy after what he did and the crap he posted from other “white people”?...Sheesh..Sounds far too familiar in this world.. Your so called other “black” person that posted here sure didn’t help the cause. Thank him, not blame whites! (Again sounds familiar) You pretty much just made up a bunch of crap also that sounds good, and really didn’t read much or comprehend a damn thing did you? I’m done with this thread, and going to burn a cross (in your mind) before I get precieved a racist;)... Cuckoo people wanna point the finger, I swear. Sick of it. I’m sorry you didn’t get a little “black privilege” here you think you’re entitled too. Leaving before I lose it..Peace.

No one asked for sympathy or privilege. I am curious as to what you think he should have done to "help his cause?" Seriously, after 5 pages of white guy takes on racial matters, how could he have swung the tide to open up a mind or two?

I'm also interested in learning about the conversations you have with those two Black best friends of yours. Clearly you share with them your feelings about being oppressed, discriminated against and blamed for everything because of your being white. I hope they have learned to appreciate how rough you, as a highly articulate and intelligent white man, have it in this country. Do they share any of their experiences about being Black in America with you, or do they just rub your face in their Black privilege and tell you to stop bitching about race?

Reactions: bfort2223
I
Finally, he actually "attacked" first by expressing how badly he wanted to attack Swervin's initial post but was deciding to take knee.
1st... You think that post didn’t deserve to be attacked? 2nd... WoooooooWeee that sure was a VICIOUS ATTACK of a post! (If you can actually call saying “I’m not going to attack a post” an attack) I don’t know how any poster can bare to take that sort of Viciousness! Lmao. 3rd...leave me alone and stop baiting me back into this thread....You think your way, I’ll think mine. America. I’m not racist . I’m annoyed. God bless.

1st... You think that post didn’t deserve to be attacked? 2nd... WoooooooWeee that sure was a VICIOUS ATTACK of a post! (If you can actually call saying “I’m not going to attack a post” an attack) I don’t know how any poster can bare to take that sort of Viciousness! Lmao. 3rd...leave me alone and stop baiting me back into this thread....You think your way, I’ll think mine. America. I’m not racist . I’m annoyed. God bless.

I didn't call you a racist. Hell, I acknowledged that you're two best friends are Black.

I didn't mean you attacked. I put it in quotation Mark's to imply that neither person really attacked, but you directly addressed him first, and the post could be seen as sarcastic, abrasive, rude, etc.

Finally, I'm not trying to bother you or even change your way of thinking. If anything, I'm trying to comprehend your way of thinking. I can't comprehend how someone who has two Black people in his life who could earn the tag of "best friend," could be as narrow-minded and defensive with mattered of race.

Reactions: bfort2223
No one asked for sympathy or privilege. I am curious as to what you think he should have done to "help his cause?" Seriously, after 5 pages of white guy takes on racial matters, how could he have swung the tide to open up a mind or two?

I'm also interested in learning about the conversations you have with those two Black best friends of yours. Clearly you share with them your feelings about being oppressed, discriminated against and blamed for everything because of your being white. I hope they have learned to appreciate how rough you, as a highly articulate and intelligent white man, have it in this country. Do they share any of their experiences about being Black in America with you, or do they just rub your face in their Black privilege and tell you to stop bitching about race?

LMMFAO. So us “ white guys” don’t really have black friends, we’re just making that shit up right? You need to hear about our conversations about us discriminating against them and apologizing for being white? LOL. You really are joke. I DO have a ton of black friends, I’m white, and NO, not just friends at work, I mean they come to our home, have dinner with us, cookouts, just like my white friends. Don’t preach that shit to me. Dukehokie is my friend, we talk constantly, I doubt he’s waiting for me to discuss my apologies for how badly I’ve treated black men in the past, because....I never owned a slave, I never looked down on a black man. I consider them my equal just as I do a white guy, until he does me wrong. Maybe letting go of the past could help. And your only black guy in the room comment, reverse and run it. I used to play ball at the rec on Bay Street in Morehead City when I was a young man, literally about the only white dude in there. I ran full court all night in there with them, no worries. I know there’s white folk that are racial as hell, blacks to, but don’t lump us all in your basket when you’re here slinging out posts. Pisses me off. I give EVERY man a chance , don’t give a shit what color you are. And don’t try to sit here and say it’s not true and I’m just posting it,you can bring your ass down here and I’ll introduce you to my friends.

I'm hoping this thread doesn't make it to 200 replies. It's kind of pitiful you know. OFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT