ADVERTISEMENT

Need ticket advice

Dec 9, 2017
Daughter is a Duke fan - wants to go to a game at Cameron for Christmas present. Trying to get 2 tickets to the FSU game on Dec 30. Any ticket exchange boards to buy tickets? Or is StubHub the only place to get tickets unless you know a season ticket holder.

Last edited:
Daughter is a Duke fan - wants to go to a game at Cameron for Christmas present. Trying to get 2 tickets to the FSU game on Dec 30. Anyplace ticket exchange boards to buy tickets? Or is StubHub the only place to get tickets unless you know a season ticket holder.
That will be a tough ticket. I’m planning on showing up next week for the game against Evansville with a pocket full of cash. I hope there’s an extra floating around somewhere.

That will be a tough ticket. I’m planning on showing up next week for the game against Evansville with a pocket full of cash. I hope there’s an extra floating around somewhere.
Yeah - I messed up. Looked on StubHub a few weeks ago and General Admission was $175/ticket. Looked tonight to buy 2 and they are $350/ticket. With processing fee that's over $850 total. Thought I might be able to buy on a ticket exchange forum for less.

One additional question. Anything I should know about General Admission (GA) tickets. I assume you have to get there before they open and get to your seat and stay until tip. She wants the full Cameron experience and I guess she'll get it in the GA section.

Yeah - I messed up. Looked on StubHub a few weeks ago and General Admission was $175/ticket. Looked tonight to buy 2 and they are $350/ticket. With processing fee that's over $850 total. Thought I might be able to buy on a ticket exchange forum for less.

One additional question. Anything I should know about General Admission (GA) tickets. I assume you have to get there before they open and get to your seat and stay until tip. She wants the full Cameron experience and I guess she'll get it in the GA section.
The GA section gets opened to students 30 minutes before GA ticket holders get in. The students will be gone for your game though, so just try and be there for doors open to get the best seat. It won’t be quite the same without 90% of the students, but sometimes the GA crowd gets it going. Be a part of the noise!

I bought GA tickets for the Florida State game early on vivid seats and got them for 135$ with fees included

I bought GA tickets for the Florida State game early on vivid seats and got them for 135$ with fees included
Yes - I know. But take a look at them now. GA seats are $350+. When I looked a few weeks ago they were $175. When I came back to purchase them they had doubled. I figured they would have gone up a little but not double. Expensive mistake on my part not getting them early.

You wouldn't want to sell yours would you?

Based on all the negative comments about the team in other threads, you may want to get tickets to see another team besides Duke.

Based on all the negative comments about the team in other threads, you may want to get tickets to see another team besides Duke.

I confess I am a Hokie 1st (class of '88) but Duke comes a close 2nd as my other daughter had surgery at Duke medical center to save her hip. I'm looking forward to my first trip to Cameron for a game.

With that said, Duke fans have high expectations, as they should. However you should try being a Hokie basketball fan for the past 30 years. Dell Curry was a VT my freshman year and Bimbo Coles was there shortly after I graduated. But that's it. This year we are trying for our first back to back NCAA trips in 30 years. Walk a mile in a Hokie basketball fans shoes and then you can appreciate what you have at Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT