ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA round of 32 official game day thread- Duke vs Tennessee

I don't mind losing if we lose fair and square. But we saw a terribly officiated game. We would have/should have won had the refs done their job and called actual fouls. When the guys calling the game are laughing about the physicality of it, then there is a problem that is noticeable to everyone. This is not supposed to be the Stanley Cup

Ryan young looked completely lost when he was in, so I’m not surprised.

18 opponent free throws per game is what Tennessee averages

We shot 7 today

Just for shits and giggles checked on Tennessee games against comparable opponents as Duke.....

Kentucky shot 35 free throws
Kentucky shot 25 free throws
Gonzaga shot 20 free throws
Alabama shot 20 free throws
Duke shot 7 free throws.

Duke was flat out robbed. No other way to put it. Refs completely dictated this game for Tennessee.

Just for shits and giggles checked on Tennessee games against comparable opponents as Duke.....

Kentucky shot 35 free throws
Kentucky shot 25 free throws
Gonzaga shot 20 free throws
Alabama shot 20 free throws
Duke shot 7 free throws.

Duke was flat out robbed. No other way to put it. Refs completely dictated this game for Tennessee.
Careful, the Duke haters may need to look at facts rather than make them up lol

Bullied out of it in the end...thats a chance when you play so many young kids. But if someone had offered a season with 2 wins vs the Cheats and ACC champs....I would have taken it in a heartbeat. Great 1st season for Coach S with a disappointing ending unfortunately. Only one team ends a season on a win.

Oof! Hats of to the Vols. Olivier Nkamhoua got well-deserved credit for his second half scoring, but Vescovi was the difference maker, imo.

They made more plays. They roughed us up. I didn’t agree with every call, but I have no beef with the refs.

Our guys were fearless and fought the whole game. We got outplayed. I’m proud of our effort, proud of our growth this season, proud of Jon’s first season. Congrats, Vols.

Oof! Hats of to the Vols. Olivier Nkamhoua got well-deserved credit for his second half scoring, but Vescovi was the difference maker, imo.

They made more plays. They roughed us up. I didn’t agree with every call, but I have no beef with the refs.

Our guys were fearless and fought the whole game. We got outplayed. I’m proud of our effort, proud of our growth this season, proud of Jon’s first season. Congrats, Vols.
Typical beta reply to a fist fight 😂

Hat's off to the refs for calling 3 fouls on UT in the second half. That took effort. Better get a shower after that performance

Mitchell's loss hurt the MOST. The previous game we switched him on the PG so he could never get hot. I would say we would have done the same on the guard and Olivier. That hurt our defensive intensity 100%. They are a good team. But our defense is better than it showed today... Decent season. ACC Champs. That's all. C+
Agreed...it upset the momentum and rotation we had for the past 10+ games...and that meant one of our lesser players got more time..and he's our best outside shooter....BIG influence on the outcome of this game

Reactions: The_Only_Blue
Mitchell out was huge. It messed up the rotation and the guys didn't step up. Whitehead played well in beginning and vanished.

As far as fouls, there is no way possible a team only fouls 3 times a game. That's mathematically impossible especially the aggressive way they play.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Mitchell's loss hurt the MOST. The previous game, we switched him on the PG so he could never get hot. We would have done the same on the guard and Olivier. That hurt our defensive intensity 100%. They are a good team. But our defense is better than it showed today... Decent season. ACC Champs. That's all. C+
How the **** is a 27-9 finish sweeping your rival, winning the ACC Championship, and battling injuries all year long a C+? At worst, this is a B or B-. Jon brought in a new group, followed the GOAT, and had one helluva year. Get out of here with that shit.

Agreed...it upset the momentum and rotation we had for the past 10+ games...and that meant one of our lesser players got more time..and he's our best outside shooter....BIG influence on the outcome of this game
Yeah, that stat about how we were like, 18-1 or so with all of our top 6 healthy? Wow. Shows how razor-thin the margins can be, especially with a young team.

Last edited:
Play like men our go home . Duke went home .
The 4th call on roach was a touch foul at best. Hard to be allowed to play like men when one team is allowed to body and hit and the other isn’t. Mitchell being out hurt bad, the officials fine let them play but it needs to go both ways. Another time we got a rebound and then they reached in and there were an arm tie up, nothing called. Boom foul and lively when we do it. It can’t be like that. If it’s physical both teams should be allowed to be physical.

Also, yes players are not allowed to say that stuff publicly. So you won’t hear them cry about it.

Reactions: KDSTONE
Nice post Dattier. I agree completely.

TN had a solid game plan and they made a LOT of shots. Tip of the hat to them.

I felt like we regressed to our mid season form today and it cost us. Our front court was timid on both ends. A shame Flip had a rough couple games after such an amazing season.

I know we we got coming in to today but all along I thought if we made the S16 this year it would be a success. We came a game short. We finished third in our league and won of conference tourney. That’s not too shabby for a first year coach and a bunch of freshman with not a lot of upperclassmen leadership.

Assuming that’s Roach’s last game at Duke. Congrats young man. You gave it your all. Best of luck wherever you end up next.

The 4th call on roach was a touch foul at best. Hard to be allowed to play like men when one team is allowed to body and hit and the other isn’t. Mitchell being out hurt bad, the officials fine let them play but it needs to go both ways. Another time we got a rebound and then they reached in and there were an arm tie up, nothing called. Boom foul and lively when we do it. It can’t be like that. If it’s physical both teams should be allowed to be physical.

Also, yes players are not allowed to say that stuff publicly. So you won’t hear them cry about it.
You have to play for forty minutes ! Duke got man handled and they responded by doing nothing . Either play like you belong or get beat ! Duke got beat

Please let Kansas and most importantly Kentucky lose. I cannot even put into words how much I hate Kentucky and all the low life, redneck, inbred fans that come from that fan base l. Want to know where you're hard earned tax dollars go? The state of Kentucky.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT