ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Friday Games Thread

This is crazy man

giphy.gif

Virginia's style of play just does not translate to the tourney. They're down 20 to a school I've never heard of.

Reactions: pisgah101
We always thought that Virginia's lack of offense would hurt them...but I never thought they would fold like this.

OFC
I know, and to a team I'd never heard of before. This was a year I thought they had enough offense.
This game shows how crazy college basketball has been this year.

Reactions: christophero
53pts in one half against UVA.....wow that is amazing
This year so many top10 teams have lost to unranked teams that maybe it was inevitable that this was going to happen. Wish UMBC the best in the next round.

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
They just aren’t built offensively for coming back. That four corner 1876 offense will get in a hole eventually and tonight they got in a hole and it was too much. They Maura kid and his dad were fun to watch.

I'd like us to go 3-0. :) That's the great and heartbreaking thing about the tourney. An entire season can be redeemed or destroyed with one game.

Wonder what the Virginia message boards are like now. That's a tough pill to swallow.

Well, it'll be fun watching Syracise be the canary in the mine against MSU with thier zone.

Virginia picked the worst night of their year to play like crap.
Duke knows what it's like to put someone on the basketball map. Let's hope we don't make Rhode Island more known today.

Gotta love college basketball, Virginia gets knocked out in the first round and Syracuse I’d going to the second round when most people thought they probably wouldn’t even get in the tournament lol

The reason seeding is an imperfect science is it is a snapshot of a specific moment in time. The top 25 is constantly changing, and the seeding is what the team may be at that moment. MSU was ranked in the top 5 for most of the year. I was making jokes last night, but I feel for Virginia and their fans today. They had a great season and this is all anyone will remember. This has happened to us. Ok let's win today!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT