ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA brackets

Pitt definitely should have had that spot. UVA caught lightning in a bottle for a couple years a while back. I like Tony Bennett, seems like a stand up guy who acts in the best interest of his school and players. But that offense is just painful to watch and not a recipe for success in this era IMHO.

Pitt definitely should have had that spot. UVA caught lightning in a bottle for a couple years a while back. I like Tony Bennett, seems like a stand up guy who acts in the best interest of his school and players. But that offense is just painful to watch and not a recipe for success in this era IMHO.
I recall some posters fawning over Bennett's ACC regular season success and natty. Not seeing any of that shite anymore.

I recall some posters fawning over Bennett's ACC regular season success and natty. Not seeing any of that shite anymore.

Yeah, but they still finished third in the league. 🤷🏻‍♂️ and played in the ACC final a year ago. And they would’ve been in the final this year if not for a banked in State three off the backboard with five seconds to go to send it to overtime. Good job by State though as obviously the Cavaliers would’ve gotten clobbered by the Heels.

Watching Virginia try to score is like looking up at the sun during an eclipse. You’re probably gonna have vision loss if you stare too long.

Yeah, but they still finished third in the league. 🤷🏻‍♂️ and played in the ACC final a year ago. And they would’ve been in the final this year if not for a banked in State three off the backboard with five seconds to go to send it to overtime. Good job by State though as obviously the Cavaliers would’ve gotten clobbered by the Heels.

Watching Virginia try to score is like looking up at the sun during an eclipse. You’re probably gonna have vision loss if you stare too long.

They've benefitted greatly over the years from the unbalanced regular season schedule.

NCAAT >>>> ACCT, and UVA has 0 NCAAT wins since the 2019 natty:

2020--NCAAT canceled
2021--First round loss to Ohio
2022--NIT
2023--First round loss to Furman
2024--Play-in game blowout vs CSU

Nice guy, but recent results are not impressive.

Bc Duke plays in a significantly weaker conference. Kentucky beat a 1 seed, a 2 seed on the road, and two 4 seeds
Although I am not a fan of the committee placing so much emphasis on the "metrics", they do, and here we are. Kentucky finished 18 in NET, 21 in Kenpom, had a quad 3 loss, and finished 23-9.

Duke was 10th in NET, 8th in Kenpom, had zero quad 3 losses and finished 24-8.

To @dukecorey point, Kentucky should not have been a 3 seed. Their defense will be a reason for an exit so all good.

Last edited:
Although I am not a fan of the committee placing so much emphasis on the "metrics", they do, and here we are. Kentucky finished 18 in NET, 21 in Kenpom, had a quad 3 loss, and finished 23-9.

Duke was 10th in NET, 8th in Kenpom, had zero quad 3 losses and finished 24-8.

To @dukecorey point, Kentucky should not have been a 3 seed. Their defense will be a reason for an exit so all good.

The NCAA can’t even interpret their own metrics. UVA was #54 in the NET. The lowest NET team to receive an at large selection in this years field. Ken Pom had them 69. Hear Pitino’s rant about the metrics the other night? He’s right to a degree. What about all the blowout losses that Virginia had this year? The NCAA was determined that Virginia was going to be in the NCAA’s.

Me personally I have no problem with Kentucky’s seed. There’s not a metric on the planet that will convince me that the ACC was even remotely as good as the SEC this year. They beat unc-chapel hill branch, (Duke couldn’t) they won @ Arkansas (Duke couldn’t), they won @ Auburn, they won @ Tennessee, they won @ Miss State, they won @ Florida. They annihilated Alabama scoring 117 points. These are all NCAA tournament teams, except for Arkansas.

Now let’s discuss Duke’s big wins. Baylor and…..? I guess that exciting Michigan State team with a crap record who apparently drinks from the same fountain of tournament invite luck that Virginia does. If Izzo was 15-15 they’d still invite Sparty.

The NCAA can’t even interpret their own metrics. UVA was #54 in the NET. The lowest NET team to receive an at large selection in this years field. Ken Pom had them 69. Hear Pitino’s rant about the metrics the other night? He’s right to a degree. What about all the blowout losses that Virginia had this year? The NCAA was determined that Virginia was going to be in the NCAA’s.

Me personally I have no problem with Kentucky’s seed. There’s not a metric on the planet that will convince me that the ACC was even remotely as good as the SEC this year. They beat unc-chapel hill branch, (Duke couldn’t) they won @ Arkansas (Duke couldn’t), they won @ Auburn, they won @ Tennessee, they won @ Miss State, they won @ Florida. They annihilated Alabama scoring 117 points. These are all NCAA tournament teams, except for Arkansas.

Now let’s discuss Duke’s big wins. Baylor and…..? I guess that exciting Michigan State team with a crap record who apparently drinks from the same fountain of tournament invite luck that Virginia does. If Izzo was 15-15 they’d still invite Sparty.
I dont love the NCAA metrics they use, but they do and they have made that pretty clear. If you go by the metrics, Kentucky is not a 3. I'm not saying Duke should have been a 3, they did not deserve a 3, but neither did Kentucky based on the metrics.

Reactions: dukecorey
They've benefitted greatly over the years from the unbalanced regular season schedule.

NCAAT >>>> ACCT, and UVA has 0 NCAAT wins since the 2019 natty:

2020--NCAAT canceled
2021--First round loss to Ohio
2022--NIT
2023--First round loss to Furman
2024--Play-in game blowout vs CSU

Nice guy, but recent results are not impressive.

He’ll have a soul mate if Matt Painter tanks for the 4th straight year. If so they can buy each other drinks at the bar late one night and just get drunk, but at least Bennett can flash his ring when he’s spinning his fifth glass of gin and tonic around.

He’ll have a soul mate if Matt Painter tanks for the 4th straight year. If so they can buy each other drinks at the bar late one night and just get drunk, but at least Bennett can flash his ring when he’s spinning his fifth glass of gin and tonic around.

Not relevant but I’d bet Bennett is a teetotaler.

• Haha
Reactions: Neue Regel
Damn Montana State lost. My grandmother and aunt lived in Bozeman, so I spent a lot of time there. Great town. Bill Pullman used to teach at MSU.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I don’t see it for uk. The only way they could go on a deep run is if they guard like they did at Auburn. That means they have to do what they haven’t done all season throughout the tournament: GUARD for 6 straight games. Their offense is prolific, but you still have to get STOPS in the NCAA Tournament. I like our offense against their current defense.

Alright boys, how we feeling today?

Hmmm, kind of a chill calm. Really no idea what to expect tonight. No expectation I guess as we know this team can lose in any round. But we also know they could win several games in this Tournament. 🤷🏻‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT