ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft

jwill133

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Feb 25, 2016
Draft is tomorrow night. For the first time since 2013, we may not have a lottery pick. Here are some current projections for our guys:
NBADraft.net
Vernon 26
Cassius 40
Tre 48

ESPN
Tre 30
Vernon 43
Cassius 51

CBS Sports
Tre 20
Vernon 30
Cassius 34

Bleacher Report
Tre 30
Cassius 47
Vernon 51

Tre showing up multiple times at the Celtics at 30, that would be awesome him and Tatum together. Tre seems like the safest, I predict he goes between 25-35. Vernon is a total wildcard, wouldn't stun me to see him go 20th or 50th. Cassius seems like a second round steal whenever he goes.

Tre isn’t going to the Celtics. They are trying to move all three first round picks to get into the top five and are also linked to picking Hampton at 14.

All three players will make a roster and it being a down draft outside of the top three I don’t think any mock draft can predict at this point lol

Reactions: jwill133
Global sport without a clear star #1 pick today

- Ball's representatives handing out to teams a binder breaking down social media influence

- Top prospect Edward's "still not really into" basketball and would prefer to play NFL

If the Hornets land LeMelo Ball tonight, I will be a very happy man. Also, Vernon to the Hornets @ 32 would also make me very happy.
The Hornets apparently really want Wiseman, though maybe that has changed? Thought they were considering trading up for him, unfortunately they don't got much assets to trade. I think Lamelo will be there at 3, I'm guessing Edwards Wiseman Ball.

A lot of rumors of Golden State trading 2 to Chicago for 4 AND Wendell Carter. I hate the Warriors, but it would be nice to see Wendell as the starting C on a contender.

Reactions: PixelDevil
The Hornets apparently really want Wiseman, though maybe that has changed? Thought they were considering trading up for him, unfortunately they don't got much assets to trade. I think Lamelo will be there at 3, I'm guessing Edwards Wiseman Ball.

A lot of rumors of Golden State trading 2 to Chicago for 4 AND Wendell Carter. I hate the Warriors, but it would be nice to see Wendell as the starting C on a contender.
Been waiting for the Woj bomb of Wendell going to the Warriors. That would be so awesome.

Been waiting for the Woj bomb of Wendell going to the Warriors. That would be so awesome.

I would love that for Wendell. I would also be curious to see who the Warriors would take at 4. Obi Toppin or Onyeka Okwongu would both be interesting picks and potential great fits.

I would take Wiseman number one. I think Tre goes late in the first round and Vernon goes in the second. Cassius in the late second round.

The #1 pick, Anthony Edwards, said " I'm not really into basketball". I'll read the final recap in a few days. If the top pick doesn't care, then neither do I

It was a weird comment. In the interview he definitely says he's not that into basketball, but then says basketball is heart but football was his first love and always will be. He brought it back around sounding like football is fun but he looks at basketball as a job.

Since the Hornets were not able to get Wiseman, Vernon makes a LOT of sense.. great pick..

Now I’m hoping for Cassius to the Pelicans... Cassius and Zion on the same team.. wow.

Reactions: hart2chesson
Bittersweet that we didn't get to see how their journey would've ended up at Duke this past season, but it was great having them while we did. And I can't wait to see what they each do in the league!

Did you see the Anthony Edwards 10 year old football highlights? He was a foot taller than everyone and just smoked them. It’s pretty funny. Wonder why he quit football if he liked it so much? Could have played both.

I’m glad Charlotte got ball but beyond ecstatic that we landed Carey.

This is his best opportunity because his only competition for minutes is Zeller. Told my son last night if some how Jordan managed to draft Carey or Tre I would no longer ask him to sell the team just his stake in it lol.

I thought the Edwards comments were geared towards "don't draft me Minnesota, I wanna go to Golden State" but maybe I'm wrong.

Feel like the Hornets won the draft, that's odd to say. Really happy for Tre.

Global sport without a clear star #1 pick today

- Ball's representatives handing out to teams a binder breaking down social media influence

- Top prospect Edward's "still not really into" basketball and would prefer to play NFL
I think this sums up today’s NBA pretty well. Hence why ratings have been severely declining for a few years now.

Happy for our guys but a pretty mediocre draft when our guys all get taken in the second round. We all like to think they are "steals" but that is not always the case. Still I hope so.

Reactions: jnastasi
Carey is looked at by a steal for Charlotte which I agree. Stanley is in a good opportunity as well as it seems Olidipo wants out.

Never too early for next years mock drafts.....

1st round picks only
7 Jalen Johnson
27 HENRY COLEMAN

6 Jalen Johnson
24 Wendell Moore

1st round picks only
8 Jalen Johnson
15 DJ Steward
26 Wendell Moore

BLEACHER REPORT
1st round picks only
9 Jalen Johnson
20 DJ Steward
29 Wendell Moore

Each of the three guys who got drafted this week at least landed in spots that are reasonably good fits. None of them jump off the page as questionable fits roster-wise. Carey probably landed on the team furthest from real contention, but it is a roster that is definitely not loaded at his position group.

Reactions: jwill133
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT