ADVERTISEMENT

Latest info on my kidney situation.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
The earliest date will be March 21st. We've ran into a obstecle. I met with the kidney surgeon yesterday and he had not received any x rays from my urologist but that's not the issue. He saw on the info from when I went to the ER back in Oct. from the CT SCAN done then that there is a blockage in 3 of my arteries doing into my heart called Prominent 3 vessel coronary artery calcification. What I understand that to be is there is calcium build up in those arteries vessels. He will not do surgery until he receives word from a cardiolgist that the survey will be safe. I'm awaiting for an appt. from a cardiologist to get a stress test or what else they need. Have any of you ever heard of this or had it. It has become very frustrating for me. No one informed me of the blockage. I just don't get that. You can imagive the look on my face as well as my wife's when I was informed of it by my surgeon. I know these threads are getting old and I hate putting them up. The reason I do is because I know all of you care. It's really hard writing this and I'm still asking for positive thoughts and prayers. I'll tell you one thing it better not interfere with Duke basketball or I'm gonna be pissed . Thanks once again for your support, prayers and patience with me. OFC

Hey, I’ve never met you but reading on this board a lot you learn about people and what life may bring their way and you are a great person with a big heart... Keep positive and know you have many many people here on this board that will keep you and your family in their thoughts and prayers

The earliest date will be March 21st. We've ran into a obstecle. I met with the kidney surgeon yesterday and he had not received any x rays from my urologist but that's not the issue. He saw on the info from when I went to the ER back in Oct. from the CT SCAN done then that there is a blockage in 3 of my arteries doing into my heart called Prominent 3 vessel coronary artery calcification. What I understand that to be is there is calcium build up in those arteries vessels. He will not do surgery until he receives word from a cardiolgist that the survey will be safe. I'm awaiting for an appt. from a cardiologist to get a stress test or what else they need. Have any of you ever heard of this or had it. It has become very frustrating for me. No one informed me of the blockage. I just don't get that. You can imagive the look on my face as well as my wife's when I was informed of it by my surgeon. I know these threads are getting old and I hate putting them up. The reason I do is because I know all of you care. It's really hard writing this and I'm still asking for positive thoughts and prayers. I'll tell you one thing it better not interfere with Duke basketball or I'm gonna be pissed . Thanks once again for your support, prayers and patience with me. OFC

Love ya, @skysdad. You're a good man - praying for you this all has a positive ending - and I'm confident it will.

Sky, had the pleasure of meeting you at the meetup in Burlington last year. You were everything in person that you are on this board. I really hope it works out well for you sir. You truly are a class act, and I pray for you and the "Sky" family.

You certainly need to see a cardiologist, Sky. And you should have been told of this condition. Some of the tests that find this problem are more accurate than others (from what I've read), so I would talk to a cardiologist about all your options. It's understandable that you're frustrated with this situation.

And these threads aren't getting old. All of us on this board are deeply concerned for your well being, and I believe I can speak for all of us in saying you're in our prayers. God bless you my friend.

OFC

Last edited:
Hey, I’ve never met you but reading on this board a lot you learn about people and what life may bring their way and you are a great person with a big heart... Keep positive and know you have many many people here on this board that will keep you and your family in their thoughts and prayers

Thank you OFC

Sky, had the pleasure of meeting you at the meetup in Burlington last year. You were everything in person that you are on this board. I really hope it works out well for you sir. You truly are a class act, and I pray for you and the "Sky" family.

Thanks mac. I really had a good time that day meeting all of you guys. OFC

You certainly need to see a cardiologist, Sky. And you should have been told of this condition. Some of the tests that find this problem are more accurate than others (from what I've read), so I would talk to a cardiologist about all your options. It's understandable that you're frustrated with this situation.

And these threads aren't getting old. All of us on this board are deeply concerned for your well being, and I believe I can speak for all of us in saying you're in our prayers. God bless you my friend.

OFC

Thanks dirt. I don't think I've been as down as now. Sitting there in the surgeons office cracking jokes with him about his Yankee accent and getting to know him a little. He then loops at his pm and sees all this and turns to me and ask do I have chest pain, shortness of breath, numbness and other
things. He sees the look on my face and realizes I don't know what's going on. It took the wind out of my sails for sure. I do know everything's gonna be alright though. OFC

Reactions: OldasdirtDevil
OAD beat me to it. My first thought as I was reading this was that these updates are NOT getting old. A lot of people here care about you even though never meeting in person. We are pulling for you buddy and don't hesitate to post the updates

Thanks. I'll keep all updated as I get the info. OFC

Sometimes with doctors you and your family will be your best advocate. Don’t hesitate to call them out on mistakes and ask for explanations. I know they don’t do it on purpose, but if it’s bad communication between docs then calling them out on it should improve their communication.

That sounds bizarre that you weren't informed of the blockages.

Will the stress test help determine if you need coronary bypass surgery?

I feel like it will. I saw my family doctor this morning and he seemed positive about the situation. I had a cousin send me some info and treatment by vitamin K2 aND other foods can help dissolve the calcium deposits. My family doctor also said that it is not a full blockage so to speak but was serious and needed attention. I guess to sum it up I'm glad it was found but really disappointed I had to find it out from a kidney surgeon. The thing is I don't know who to hold responsible. OFC

Couldn't have said it better. My exact sentiments. I've started posting recently, but have been reading the board for a while and you seem like a class act Sky and on top of that a world class Duke fan. Thoughts and prayers.

Couldn't have said it better. My exact sentiments. I've started posting recently, but have been reading the board for a while and you seem like a class act Sky and on top of that a world class Duke fan. Thoughts and prayers.

Thank you Hurley. Every time you post and see "Hurley" I think of Bobby and what a player he was. If someone ask me to define a Duke basketball player the #1A would be Hurley followed by you pick em 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E and on and on. I can still see that pissed off look on his face when it was game time. He wasn't afraid of NOBODY. OFC

Reactions: Hurley22
Thoughts and prayers are with you Sky! Praying everything turns out for the best!!

I can definitely see how this would become frustrating, I can't imagine my doctor knowing I had something going on and not informing me. I hope evening goes smooth and you can get it done in March. Don't stop making these posts man, I may be new to the board posting wise but I've been a lurker for years and you're one of the classiest guys I've seen on any board. We all here love ya Sky and want to know how you're doing.

Thank you Hurley. Every time you post and see "Hurley" I think of Bobby and what a player he was. If someone ask me to define a Duke basketball player the #1A would be Hurley followed by you pick em 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E and on and on. I can still see that pissed off look on his face when it was game time. He wasn't afraid of NOBODY. OFC
Yes sir. My dogs name is Hurley. I was just watching the shot against UNLV yesterday. Bobby Hurley is Duke basketball.

Long-time board member, but haven’t felt a real need to post until now. I wish you only the best Skysdad; I especially enjoy your posts and although I’ve never met you personally, it seems like I’ve known you and the rest of this squad for years. I will certainly being praying for you and your family. Thank you for all that you’ve brought to this board; I look forward to it continuing for years to come.

Sky, I don't know you at all, but I beleive if I ran into and we started talking Duke, I would come up with a good guess. I have enjoyed all your post for sure. Man I'm wishing for nothing but the best for you and your family, and with the man upstairs looking over all of us, I'm positive you will be just fine.
I'm not sure if you're asking has anybody ever had a stress test before, but I have a few years ago.
Also, I promise you, your updates here about your situation could never get old to anybody on this board. Just a bunch of stand up people here and I feel truly would care about anything going on with another Duke Fan. Keep us posted man!

Long-time board member, but haven’t felt a real need to post until now. I wish you only the best Skysdad; I especially enjoy your posts and although I’ve never met you personally, it seems like I’ve known you and the rest of this squad for years. I will certainly being praying for you and your family. Thank you for all that you’ve brought to this board; I look forward to it continuing for years to come.

Welcome to the board. Have fun and post often. OFC

Sky, I don't know you at all, but I beleive if I ran into and we started talking Duke, I would come up with a good guess. I have enjoyed all your post for sure. Man I'm wishing for nothing but the best for you and your family, and with the man upstairs looking over all of us, I'm positive you will be just fine.
I'm not sure if you're asking has anybody ever had a stress test before, but I have a few years ago.
Also, I promise you, your updates here about your situation could never get old to anybody on this board. Just a bunch of stand up people here and I feel truly would care about anything going on with another Duke Fan. Keep us posted man!

Thanks. OFC

I want to make sure you are acutely aware, from all of us, not only are we not tired of these, if anything, I’d argue I’d like more. Anything we can do @skysdad during this time that gives you any solace at all, is worth it’s weight in gold.

I remember how good you were to me during my accident (and always put a smile on my face with the “peckerhead” jokes that probably very few even remember anymore!) so if we can make your old wrinkly butt smile, we will haha!

Hang in there Sky....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT