ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Knox

I think Bagley may be the most talented player in the country, but I’ll refrain from calling him the best. But as I said in another thread, if he could shoot free throws he would literally be unstoppable inside 18 feet. There aren’t a lot of players like that in the country.

I think Bagley may be the most talented player in the country, but I’ll refrain from calling him the best. But as I said in another thread, if he could shoot free throws he would literally be unstoppable inside 18 feet. There aren’t a lot of players like that in the country.

If he hits his free throws he’s no question best in the country. Because of the free throw woes, to me he’s just kinda the best.

Bridges is excellent, Allonzo Trier and DeAndre Ayton have been excellent. Trae Young is high quality as is Cameron Kane-Johnson. And Jessie Govan is excellent for Georgetown, but Bagley, to me, is the best. Probably a Duke bias or whatever, but he’s the best.

Reactions: christophero
Hell, I thought he looked damn good on free throws tonight.

And he still shot them under 70%. We’re just used to seeing him be worse.

If he hits his free throws he’s no question best in the country. Because of the free throw woes, to me he’s just kinda the best.

Bridges is excellent, Allonzo Trier and DeAndre Ayton have been excellent. Trae Young is high quality as is Cameron Kane-Johnson. And Jessie Govan is excellent for Georgetown, but Bagley, to me, is the best. Probably a Duke bias or whatever, but he’s the best.

One could argue he’s the NPOY so far.

Don't sleep on Luka Doncic at Real Madrid. That kid is nasty.

Luka is sick. I have a hard time imagining him as a bust. With Porter Jr. more than likely out of the race for the #1 spot, it should be a battle between Bagley and Doncic. As long as he continues is play that is. And I think Bagley will get the edge.

Luka is sick. I have a hard time imagining him as a bust. With Porter Jr. more than likely out of the race for the #1 spot, it should be a battle between Bagley and Doncic. As long as he continues is play that is. And I think Bagley will get the edge.

I agree. Luka is a great player, but his athleticism is very limited. Part of me thinks he is just a better Ricky Rubio with a better jump shot. Bagely is the real deal. As his shot progresses he will be a force in the NBA draft.

Bagley fits so much better then Knox would have. He is an exceptional post player, with other tools in his bag. Knox would of played the 4 without the same post skills, and a streaky shot. He actually disappears for stretches. You always know bagley is there, he effects the game in all areas. There was talk of Bagley being raw, but really Knox is in much more need of refinement, because he doesn't really excel anywhere.

Bagley fits so much better then Knox would have. He is an exceptional post player, with other tools in his bag. Knox would of played the 4 without the same post skills, and a streaky shot. He actually disappears for stretches. You always know bagley is there, he effects the game in all areas. There was talk of Bagley being raw, but really Knox is in much more need of refinement, because he doesn't really excel anywhere.

Bagley and Carter both have exceptional motors. They’ll have more double-doubles than not this season because of that. As a result, we’ll win a lot of games because they won’t take plays off.

Bagley looks unstoppable at the college level. He is one fierce competitor with great hand and footwork. Really looks to be able to play at the next level right now. I really have been impressed with him and wonder if “hack a bag” may be the only way to slow him down. I wondered why Texas let him free access to the hoop the last number of trips down the court. Bagley was good enough to get the bucket and get fouled but wonder if Texas would have been better off fouling early and seeing what he could do solely from the line.

You have a great player in Bagley and clearly IMO the top player of the year candidate. Enjoy. It is a shame we only see him for 1 year but I’m sure he’ll be around the NBA for years.

Hypothetical but how many loses do we have if we don't get Bagley? 2 or 3? Luckily we did. :)

How do you guys think Knox compares to Brandon Ingram? I've only watched UK vs. KU, but I felt like their games were a little similar. Not the strongest guys, but similar offensive games from the 3 pt to the midrange floater. Didn't key into Knox on the defensive end, however.

Certainly love that we nabbed Bagley. I wanted Knox at the time- his shooting might help us, but I definitely would choose Bagley over him in a heart beat.

Hypothetical but how many loses do we have if we don't get Bagley? 2 or 3? Luckily we did. :)

Maybe zero? Maybe the points Bags scored would have been scored by Allen and Carter if Bags wasn't here. Only one guy can put it in the basket at a time. Really an impossible question to answer.....but I'm glad He's here!!

Carter would be the front runner for national player of the year averaging 24 and 12 easily. He’s averaging 13 and 10 as the 3rd option. Take Bagley out and he could score 9 more points and get a few more rebounds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT