ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Williams out 4 to 6 weeks.

skysdad

Devils Illustrated Hall of Famer
Mar 3, 2006
Sorry to hear that. unc has had their share of injuries this year. Teams need to be at full strength but you know what we Duke fans know and completely understand the injury factor. You just have to deal with it. We're still dealing with it. OFC

Best wishes on a speedy recovery. Never like to see this for a kid trying to live his dream.

Last edited:
Reactions: skysdad
It does suck for him and UNC. Also sucks that they were throwing a party at THR when we had all our injuries early in the season. Class within the greatest rivalry in sports should mean something! Their fans will just never understand that.

Get well Kenny!

Reactions: GARY4plus3
There goes any chance of winning the second game in a fair manner. Good luck to the kid, speedy recovery

Hate it for him. Good kid. Pray for a speedy recovery. I hated for Dukes kids and for him. Injuries can derail a kids dreams and goals so quick.

Hurts the depth a little bit, but I think having Theo in the lineup is better for the team. Gives some of our freshman more opportunities to improve.
I'd agree. While you never want to see anyone get hurt, I think sliding Theo in there makes your team a lot better.

Hurts the depth a little bit, but I think having Theo in the lineup is better for the team. Gives some of our freshman more opportunities to improve.

Okay, I looked up his stats... not a huge loss for Carolina. There are times that Roy actually goes TOO deep into his bench; this might help prevent that. Feel bad for the kid, but at least it isn't too serious; he should recover fine and his career should be untouched.

I am really sorry for the young man. However I don't buy totally into "he's our best perimeter defender," (Roy), I think thats Pinson....Don't see this as a big loss for UNC...Talking to some UNC fans they feel hes underachieved this year....

OFC

Here's to a speedy recovery.

FWIW, this doesn't hurt UNC much at all. It probably makes them a little more formidable offensively and doesn't hurt them defensively. The only area it hurts is with depth, but that Robinson kid, Britt and Woods can give them that.

I am really sorry for the young man. However I don't buy totally into "he's our best perimeter defender," (Roy), I think thats Pinson....Don't see this as a big loss for UNC...Talking to some UNC fans they feel hes underachieved this year....

OFC

Agree. That whole thing is just blown way out of proportion. Pinson is as good or better than him defending the perimeter plus he legitimately can guard 4 spots. The only thing kenny did better than Theo is 3 point shooting, although the difference isnt that great and kenny actually was starting to become a black hole offensively. Ive never seen a UNC starting 2 guard barely ever look to score like Williams does.

It does hurt the depth a bit, though. And I think Kenny wouldve thrived much better coming off the bench and having less pressure, he did show he could be streaky from 3 and provide a nice spark. Overall though, Theo is head and schoulders more talented and if this gets him more run it might be a net gain.

If Pinson is fully healthy, Williams was probably looking at less time anyways. If Pinson isn't fully healthy, this hurts UNC a bit.

Reactions: jeans15
I'd agree. While you never want to see anyone get hurt, I think sliding Theo in there makes your team a lot better.
Okay, I looked up his stats... not a huge loss for Carolina. There are times that Roy actually goes TOO deep into his bench; this might help prevent that. Feel bad for the kid, but at least it isn't too serious; he should recover fine and his career should be untouched.

Agree with both of you.

Theo is the most versatile player we have and while Kenny improved from last year, I didn't feel like he was starter material. He brings an energy that benefits the rest of the team.

And believe me, one of the things that drives me crazy about Roy is the lineup tinkering. I think using our top 7-8 is more than suitable.

Who? Does he actually play? Won't really impact the team, will it?
He was a starter so yeah he played. He was a good defender, not much on offense but UNC doesn't really have anyone who produces offense from the 2 guard spot. I think this impacts the team but not much and probably not negatively. If Berry or Jackson were injured then UNC's season would be over, this isn't that. Now if Pinson isn't 100% and re-injures his foot then this is a big blow. I wish the kid a speedy recovery.

Reactions: jeans15
Hate to see anyone injured. As for the situation, Roy blew that WAY out of proportion. Hell, Pinson and Britt will be just as good at that position.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT