ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Robinson Appreciation Thread

It's always special when a senior steps in and steps up like this. He's now making special memories for himself he'll carry forever. And we are just along for the ride.

You know, we may not win the NCAAT. But we will be able to look back in the years to come at how Jrob came out of nowhere after years on the bench and helped us win a slew of games. And that for me, is the best part of being a duke fan.

He’s adding so much to the team beyond the blocks and 3’s. Not only his leadership and demeanor but having an extra rim protector to keep Vernon out of foul trouble. We’ve seen such a huge upswing in the last 3 halves of basketball when Vernon hasn’t been asked to do too much on defense and can be on the floor when we need him to be without worrying about fouling out.

What a fine young man. A son any father could be proud of. He has worked so hard since he has been at Duke. I think a long time ago most of us thought he was going to be a practice player. One of those types of kids who was just satisfyed to play at Duke but boy has he proofed is wrong. In my mind he is a starter until he proves he doesn't deserve it. Maybe it's just the emotion of tonights game and his coming out our last gsme but he can do so msny things for this team. I will never forget him and I hope all of you don't either.Thanks for the thread Neners. OFC

Carpe Diem and he has with both hands. He's bringing a lot of energy to this team at the right time and you can see its effect on the others. 25 mins today...probably more than he got in his JR year!

What a shot in the arm he has become. I really hope it continues. He's helping to space the floor we wanted Alex/Hurt/Baker to do. Plus his defense has been stout.

Let’s ****ing go! 2015 ultimately had senior leadership in Quinn. We were having a huge leadership void. K might have had the idea of J-Rob playing a role and kind of needed circumstances to allow the younguns to humble and more accepting of J-rob being a vocal leader. Sorry Wake and at NCST needed to happen, but tonight is the first night I feel like Duke can and will win it all.

Let’s ****ing go!

In the last 3 games, he’s averaged:

18 minutes
9.7 points
4.7 rebounds
1.7 assists
1.0 steals
2.7 blocks
0.3 turnovers

11/18 field goals
6/10 three pointers

...if he could have gave us even half of that throughout the whole season, he’d have been our best player off the bench..

Reactions: skysdad
He did a really good job at the top of the key making good passes, hitting shots and making Carolina's bigs come outside.

Pretty special. May or may not have gotten goosebumps when he hit his fourth three and they showed dad with his hands up in the air.

Justin Robinson is what I thought Matthew Hurt would be.

Justin Robinson is everything we hope Matthew Hurt would be. Wow! I’ve never seen anything like this in college basketball before. I keep hearing multiple players say he’s one of the best players on the team. I wonder why he wasn’t playing if he’s one of the best. But I’m glad he’s playing now. We have the stretch 4 that we’ve been hoping for to give Vernon space AND play defense

Reactions: YNWA196
I keep hearing multiple players say he’s one of the best players on the team. I wonder why he wasn’t playing if he’s one of the best.
I honestly think he never got playing time before this due to recruiting.. imagine how it looks for incoming recruits if you’re having to compete with walk-ons for playing time..

Hurt is averaging less than 18 minutes the recent 3 games that J-Rob got playing time.. before that he averaged over 21 minutes a game.. Javin is at 7 minutes a game in this stretch, compared to 14 minutes a game when J-Rob wasn’t getting real playing time..

Although, it isn’t completely fair to label J-Rob a “walk-on”, since he was ranked above Goldwire coming out of high school.. it would be interesting to see what caliber of player we could start getting as walk-ons if they knew they had a real shot at playing time.. It would definitely have an affect on the higher ranked incoming recruits though..

I’m a Justin Robinson fan and I support this message! My son loves him so much. He cheers when Justin comes in and wants him to shoot every shot.

Like you all I cant say enough about what a great young man this kid is. This kid was a preferred walk on... Meaning he was good enough to play D1 ball and probably start at alot of schools but went where he wanted to go.

This kid road the pine hia whole career sespite knowing he could play if he left for another school. Never cried never moaned, just put in work and grinded everyday. Go back watch the Duke documentary from last year and you see J Rob busting his butt in all the workouts despite knowing he is probably riding the bench behind all that talent.

This year... Same thing just a grind fest, but coachea and teammates recognize him by naming him a Captain.

And now this... The kid takes full advantage of his oppertunity and is becoming a big factor for this team. Throw that 50 in rafters boys. Not for accolades but for the fact that this is what a student athelete is! Love me some JRob

Ohhh and his dad! Comes to just about every game knowing his son wont play unless its mop up duty... And now gets to watch himz burst onto the scene like this. You have to be happy for him. Great example for all parents. You think he was in KS office asking for more minutes for Jrob. Nah he was telling his son to keep putting in that work and look what has happened!

This is the absolute definition of hard work paying off! So proud of J-Rob for keeping with it and always being ready when he’s called upon.

@dukiejay you are so right! I’ve watched the highlights a couple times and seeing his dad raise his hands with the 3’s after his 4th gives you the chills and the feels!

Reactions: christophero
Man I’ve always liked his game and never really understood why he hasn’t received more playing time. What a spark he’s become with his 3 ball and shot blocking. A damn shame that the wake collapse cost Duke the ACC regular season title. Oh well, March madness is the only title I care about.

Reactions: christophero
He's been the jolt in the arm we desperately needed and hopefully it rubs off on the other role players. And for once Duke is getting positive press.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT