ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremy Roach/Mark Mitchell update

Sounds like good news for Roach. Mark's is a little more vague; hope he's okay.

Sounds like good news for Roach. Mark's is a little more vague; hope he's okay.
Also didn't put as much in the story about Mark because A) Roach's injury was "newer," if only by hours of us learning about it and B) Jon addressed Jeremy's injury first and then just kind of added that Mark is in the same "day-to-day" boat.

Might be an opportunity for Power, and possibly Stewart, to step up and help.
They’ve been given chances and haven’t done a whole lot with them. I think TJ is much closer to getting more playing time than Stewart though. If both Roach and Mitchell are out, I see what you mean.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
Might be an opportunity for Power, and possibly Stewart, to step up and help.
This is the perfect opportunity for Stewart. I believe he can do what Mitchell has done. He must get dirty. Hustle for those rebounds and 50/50 balls. Power needs to be ready to shoot when given the opportunity.

So, if Stewart struggles, do you leave him in with the hope that he works through it, or do you take him out because he's hurting the team and his confidence might suffer? I don't know that answer to that question but we might find out tomorrow.

Reactions: jamsession2
I read on the other board that Mitchell won't play, and Roach may not play either tomorrow. I think we can beat Pitt without them but we need those two back for our upcoming tougher games.

Last edited:
You would think we could beat Pitt at home fairly easily without Roach or Mitchell, but it's not ideal. We really need both back for Clemson, VT, UNC or we could find ourselves helpless in the middle of the ACC.

Hope Duke doesn’t take them lightly since we put a beat down on them just a little more than a week ago. You know Capel will have them fired up for this rematch. Also Roach and Mitchell were a big part of the reason Duke won so big. They better be ready for a fight on Saturday even if they do find a way for either to play. Definitely won’t be a 30 point game.

Reactions: AlanInNJ
It seems simple. If they can practice/scrimmage today they can play tomm possibly. If they don't they can't. It's been at least 10 days now.

Reactions: bleediteveryday30
I just put in the other thread the importance of veteran leadership on the bench. I'm not saying this team is 2006/2007, but this team require a bit more leadership then just Roach and Young. I don't care if Flip and Proctor are captains. That's great. It helps to have a few seniors on the bench to calm the storm, even if they don't play. I miss Jacob, Max and Kale.

Given how conservative we have been over the years with injuries, I’m amazed Jon put Jeremy back in after he first came up hobbling, especially since we had a good lead at the time.

Reactions: JimboSlice00
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT